Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanged Hunter

Fated raison detre
And being drug dealers and gangsters who murder and steal for entertainment is fine? You're using a double standard here. Hell, some of the past GTA games actually gave you extra points for mass murder streaks. Does it make you do it? No. But it enables it, and that's what matters. Don't try sugar coating GTA and giving it a free pass. Its in the same boat. Not only that, but we know almost nothing about "Hatred" other than its premise and basic gameplay style. For all we know, there will be a story or some sort of objectives. This is the same double standard as people who whine about sexual themes in games yet are totally okay with intense violence and Gore flying everywhere. If you're not okay with this games intense violence, to be fair, you shouldn't be okay with intense violence in any game. Story or not.

alright whatever
lets just justify it then

more games like this please

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright

Long-time Pumpkin

Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr
So can somebody remake Manhunt in HD yet?!~ emotion_dowant emotion_dowant emotion_dowant
Manhunt + Manhunt 2 HD Collection or gtfo
This for years!~ redface redface heart

Kawaii Girl

Why haven't you preordered Edgemaster: Euphoria Unloaded yet?

Preorder bonus includes a free fedora and special 'Blade of Atheism' to eviscerate your foes with your enlightenment.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Psychomore
Fated raison detre
And being drug dealers and gangsters who murder and steal for entertainment is fine? You're using a double standard here. Hell, some of the past GTA games actually gave you extra points for mass murder streaks. Does it make you do it? No. But it enables it, and that's what matters. Don't try sugar coating GTA and giving it a free pass. Its in the same boat. Not only that, but we know almost nothing about "Hatred" other than its premise and basic gameplay style. For all we know, there will be a story or some sort of objectives. This is the same double standard as people who whine about sexual themes in games yet are totally okay with intense violence and Gore flying everywhere. If you're not okay with this games intense violence, to be fair, you shouldn't be okay with intense violence in any game. Story or not.

alright whatever
lets just justify it then

more games like this please

If you can justify GTA, you shouldn't even be phased by this game anyway.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Lolicon Jr
Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr
So can somebody remake Manhunt in HD yet?!~ emotion_dowant emotion_dowant emotion_dowant
Why has this not become a thing yet!?

Long-time Pumpkin

Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr
Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr

It just did!~ 4laugh 4laugh heart

Fanged Hunter

I'm really trying to find the best way to put it that makes sense
Its the idea that the developers thought to make a game like this in the times we're in.
The whole mass shooting thing is becoming more of an issue.
Not an every day issue, I know, but it is more common in the past years than it has been.
It's fresh on peoples mind
And these guys come and deliver a trailer that basically says "this is the game that you think kids play before they go and shoot everyone"

And I personally hate these kinds of games where the object is to be a violent murderer.
A moral standpoint, I'm not against the violence, I'm against the morals behind it.
And I am well aware that there are other games that are morally wrong, but they're typically not as blatant about it.
I think a better example than GTA would be Saints Row 2. You start by killing your way out of a prison so you can go and rebuild your street gang. Not like fantasy gangster stuff like you imagine yourself in the Godfather or some mobster stuff, but straight up street gangs, a very real and current problem.
I'm not giving those kinds of games a free pass in the sense that I'm ignoring that aspect of them, but games like those aren't delivered for those aspects.
GTA ads don't showcase you going around and killing everyone you see because you can, they showcase a story about the individuals involved and it's usually some revenge scheme or stopping some gangs power trip or something like that.
And even Saints Row has moved away from the more real aspect and now just mocks everything about itself.
This trailer is straight up "hey! murder everyone because you're angry and ******** them" and then showcases the player just going into a store and killing everyone in it, just because.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Lolicon Jr
Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr
Fated raison detre
Lolicon Jr

It just did!~ 4laugh 4laugh heart
Make it happen Rock star! Do this and you have my $60!

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Jack Thompson must be foaming at the mouth at this game. He always called these things "murder simulators", but I never thought someone would actually use that term for their game...

I won't be buying it, of course. I consider any game made just to be controversial is probably not worth my time.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Jack Thompson must be foaming at the mouth at this game. He always called these things "murder simulators", but I never thought someone would actually use that term for their game...

I won't be buying it, of course. I consider any game made just to be controversial is probably not worth my time.
Pretty sure the developer didn't actually describe it as such. If you look at the gameplay, it looks more like the gameplay of say, Dead Nation than a simulation game.
at least miami hotline had flair and didn't make you seem like some kind of supergod

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff