Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

WH0RR0R
Kiera Jinx
I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen sooner in GTA IV. I mean, you could ******** hookers in that game, too, after all.

That's been a thing in GTA games for a while. Just recently in V have we got the ability to see the view of them doing such acts.
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that they didn't bother animating it until IV, and IV was the first game to have an online mode.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
DynaSuarez Wrecks
technically, none? There are a lot of sex mods for those games, but from what I gather, they all entail the use of a dialogue menu with choices like "lulz wunt 2 hav da nasty?" implying consensual sex - and that somehow your character is such a stud or bombshell that everyone agrees. The one mod that I've noticed gets the most attention (the "Animated Prostitution" which comes up on the first page of the most downloaded/endorsed files for all those games) actually has a disclaimer stating that there will never be any inclusion of rape, animals, or children.
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Skyrim does have mods where you can rape and be raped. No dialog boxes.

It's not on the Nexus, it's on Lover's Lab.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Honestly, that "Kiddy Fiddling" argument could have already come in to play with Monster Monpiece or Criminal Girls on the PS Vita. Gaming is always going to have that stigma attached even though people should know better. If a violent video game isn't going to make a person violent, then what makes people think a few swipes on a PS Vita will make a Child Molester out of someone?

Is Senran Kagura or Akiba's Trip making people go out and beat up on women or men in hopes they'll start losing clothes? I would think that murder would be worse than rape but what do I know? I don't see fiction converging into reality over a mod where the only thing that bothers me is the godmode it gives. Believing in one "video game causes this" argument over the other is just silly.

Does this mean games should stop pushing the boundaries in terms of content so it has no stigma attached? neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff