Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
So what? You can play a game where you run over, murder people dozens at a time, fly planes into buildings, shoot down a million of cops and do whatever the ******** you like, but as soon as you get start raping people it stops being funny?
Games like GTA are rated M for a reason, and if you cannot handle being raped in GTA as an adult I don't think you shouldnt be playing these games, and should not be on the internet at all.
You should go to your little padded room, put on your white jacket with those longs sleeves and find that happy trigger free zone in your head.

Because forcing another to look at sexually explicit material is a real crime. That makes all the difference.

Close your eyes, exit the game, go grab yourself a beer, you're complaining about virtual sexuality interrupting your murder sprees in a game known for it's violence and mature content.

I get upset because people pull this s**t and it gives a bad image to everyone who plays games. Gaming is still seen as a weird other culture in and of itself and some people love to see us do bad things, so they can point it out for their own personal agendas. Not to mention that when people do this, they're proving the bullshit Jack Thompson and other such people right. Someone will look at a person raping someone else on GTA Online and say 'Thompson was right, these are nothing but crime simulators that poison our youth'.

And if people get loud enough saying things like that and it keeps looking like it's true, we might see a day where games like GTA, Mass Effect, and the like are getting censored by the government rather than the ESRB. Perhaps a day will come where making games with adult content becomes a crime or such games are banned in general.

Do YOU want such a day to come? I don't. And we should be afraid of that possibility since some countries do that exact same thing.
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
So what? You can play a game where you run over, murder people dozens at a time, fly planes into buildings, shoot down a million of cops and do whatever the ******** you like, but as soon as you get start raping people it stops being funny?
Games like GTA are rated M for a reason, and if you cannot handle being raped in GTA as an adult I don't think you shouldnt be playing these games, and should not be on the internet at all.
You should go to your little padded room, put on your white jacket with those longs sleeves and find that happy trigger free zone in your head.

Because forcing another to look at sexually explicit material is a real crime. That makes all the difference.

Close your eyes, exit the game, go grab yourself a beer, you're complaining about virtual sexuality interrupting your murder sprees in a game known for it's violence and mature content.

I get upset because people pull this s**t and it gives a bad image to everyone who plays games. Gaming is still seen as a weird other culture in and of itself and some people love to see us do bad things, so they can point it out for their own personal agendas. Not to mention that when people do this, they're proving the bullshit Jack Thompson and other such people right. Someone will look at a person raping someone else on GTA Online and say 'Thompson was right, these are nothing but crime simulators that poison our youth'.

And if people get loud enough saying things like that and it keeps looking like it's true, we might see a day where games like GTA, Mass Effect, and the like are getting censored by the government rather than the ESRB. Perhaps a day will come where making games with adult content becomes a crime or such games are banned in general.

Do YOU want such a day to come? I don't. And we should be afraid of that possibility since some countries do that exact same thing.

So let me get this straight, you can commit murders,do robberies, grand theft, speed through towns with 200mph, steal stuff, run over civilians by the dozen and I do not even know what else in GTA and all the other GTAs in the last decade or so, and that is not a crime simulator, but when rape comes in it is now a crime simulator?
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen

So let me get this straight, you can commit murders,do robberies, grand theft, speed through towns with 200mph, steal stuff, run over civilians by the dozen and I do not even know what else in GTA and all the other GTAs in the last decade or so, and that is not a crime simulator, but when rape comes in it is now a crime simulator?

Remember: Rape--the special kind of evil that is beyond evil

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen

The difference is that you can do all of that in the base game.

The fact that this is a hack someone created makes all the difference. Because you have to consider what this person may have been thinking in creating it. The fact that you can use it to rape someone means they considered such a thing in making it. And they thought it was fine, it was cool. They might even have put it in thinking rape is funny.

If you're going to defend such a hack's right to exist, you really should consider the message that goes with it. And that, if you're defending it despite whatever horrible intentions the creator has, what does that say about you?
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen

The fact that this is a hack someone created makes all the difference. Because you have to consider what this person may have been thinking in creating it. The fact that you can use it to rape someone means they considered such a thing in making it. And they thought it was fine, it was cool. They might even have put it in thinking rape is funny.

If you're going to defend such a hack's right to exist, you really should consider the message that goes with it. And that, if you're defending it despite whatever horrible intentions the creator has, what does that say about you?

I don't see why a decade of Rockstar making a crime simulator, and it being one of the most popular game series out there, is somehow less worse than a single person hacking a crime into an already crime ridden game.
The game was created under the assumption that crime was funny, that it would be fun to steal cars and run people over with it.
And they were right, I had a lot of fun doing just that.
Runnning people over in reality isn't fun, but this isn't reality, it's a game.
And you should not make it more than what it is, and apperantly it appears to be something for feminists to start s**t with so they can start assaulting games for the alleged rape culture.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
im more concerned the mod is able to allow you some form of godmod over the other player(forcing a set of commands from them rather than from the players controller) rather than simply godmodding yourself.

this is whats gonna realy screw up the game where its no longer about skills and fun but about who knows more about the GTA server engine and the code.
ITT: Our lord, and master, Jack Thompson prophesied it all!

Hide yer children, hide yer women, hide yer dogs and cats and most all, pack your bags! Because these are the kind of things that make fiction converge into reality. emotion_awesome

There's always going to be someone saying "These games are poisoning are youth" that's never going to change, and the only way it would is if they actually dumbed down all these games so none of this content or the advances in gaming today wouldn't exist.

I remember when the subject of 'Religion' wasn't a thing in video games.

In A Game You Can Have: Dismembering, Crime, Blood & Gore, Fanserivce (to an extent), sexualization, Alcohol, Use of Drugs, Strong Language, Violence, Massacres, Beating the clothes off women, Beating the clothes off women and men. Rubbing Mini-Games, Religion, Sexual Content (to an extent), Nazi's and Nazi Zombies, a**l-Probing and some other hard/sensitive subject reasons.

The One Thing You Still Can't Show In Gaming: Rape in any way, shape, form or type of context.

You can even kill 'virtual' Children with the use of Mod's, but this is what get's everyone's "no-no"? SMH. What is reality? And what is fiction? Don't ask me, because it's becoming apparent that gamer's can't even differentiate between the two.

The only thing that bothers 'me' is how it makes players invulnerable and hampers your playing experience. Not the actual 'act' considering what the franchise in question has always been about.

EDIT & Side-Note: Most of the time it happens to be the publisher and/or the developer doing the censoring not the ESRB. Censorship done by the government is deemed unconstitutional. Need I mention that the ESRB or any rating service for that matter doesn't have the power to rate online experiences?

Fanatical Prophet

Red Bear Ruskie
Except in Russia, where it is as commonplace as a way of asking 'Как дела?'.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
lol womens rights v3
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen
Milady Chris Lightfellow
Miragen

so you wouldn't be complaining if rape was in the base game?

If it were in the base game, it would be rated AO instead of M. At which point, I really can't complain anymore since AO only goes to really extreme stuff.

Besides, think about who plays GTA Online. Sure, there's adults, but there's this part of me that remembers that little kids with irresponsible parents also play it. Adults raping other adults is bad enough, if you ask me. Adults raping kids? Kiddy fiddling? I can see the outrage this will create coming a mile away.
Priestess Resira
Milady Chris Lightfellow
And this is why I always swear that GTA is one of the worst franchises ever.
You act like this is some kind of new phenomenon that is somehow unique to Grand Theft Auto.

s**t, are you aware of how many rape mods that are out there for Bethesda games? (Namely The Elder Scrolls/Fallout)

This this this this THIS.

This is nothing new, not when you're dealing with online griefers and assholes. It's as old as simulated teabagging it'self.
Priestess Resira
Red Bear Ruskie
Except in Russia, where it is as commonplace as a way of asking 'Как дела?'.

Russia is beyond salvation.

Dangerous Shade

Kiera Jinx
I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen sooner in GTA IV. I mean, you could ******** hookers in that game, too, after all.

That's been a thing in GTA games for a while. Just recently in V have we got the ability to see the view of them doing such acts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff