Welcome to Gaia! ::

What games were your favorite to play growing up?
Mine were Mario Kart 64, Legend of the Dragoon, and Tetris Attack! mrgreen

Dedicated Loiterer

Starfox, Donkey Kong, and Legend of Zelda.

Tipsy Gawker

7,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ace5712

I loved to play Medevil when I was growing up. The design, music, gothic setting and light hearted story about a goofy nobody becoming a hero pushed me to finish the game. I remember struggling for hours to complete the game and gain entrance to the hall of heros at the end of the game. While the save file is gone, the memory of every adversity I faced remains with me. Some of the lesser games I played that didn't leave too much of an impression on me was Team Buddies, Megaman 8, Midway arcade collection 2, Namco Museum 3, and Resident evil 3.

My all time FAVORITE game away from home consoles was Carnevil. This arcade gem is very hard to find, but its delightfully twisted with a dark sense of humor. It is absolutely worth playing as it has a certain charm to it that prevents the game from ever getting stale.
FidgityFox
Ace5712

I loved to play Medevil when I was growing up. The design, music, gothic setting and light hearted story about a goofy nobody becoming a hero pushed me to finish the game. I remember struggling for hours to complete the game and gain entrance to the hall of heros at the end of the game. While the save file is gone, the memory of every adversity I faced remains with me. Some of the lesser games I played that didn't leave too much of an impression on me was Team Buddies, Megaman 8, Midway arcade collection 2, Namco Museum 3, and Resident evil 3.

My all time FAVORITE game away from home consoles was Carnevil. This arcade gem is very hard to find, but its delightfully twisted with a dark sense of humor. It is absolutely worth playing as it has a certain charm to it that prevents the game from ever getting stale.

Medevil was always that game I played alot when I was very young but I could not remember what it was called for the longest time lol.

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Also one of the Ninja Turtles games on the NES. I had countless hours playing those games both by myself and with my cousin when he would come over for a visit. Granted we never beat them but we still had fun with them.
Jani Seguchi1
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Also one of the Ninja Turtles games on the NES. I had countless hours playing those games both by myself and with my cousin when he would come over for a visit. Granted we never beat them but we still had fun with them.

I played Mario Bros 3 the most out of those, I never beat it until I was grown. I always got frustrated in World 2 with the desert haha.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Banjo-Kazooie, but it used to scare me. I was a very sheltered child.
Army In Your Mind
Banjo-Kazooie, but it used to scare me. I was a very sheltered child.

No doubt Gruntilda(witch) was scary. smile

Tipsy Gawker

7,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ace5712
FidgityFox
Ace5712

Medevil was always that game I played alot when I was very young but I could not remember what it was called for the longest time lol.

I would highly recommend finding it again if the opportunity were to present itself mrgreen Just avoid the PSP one like the plague...I myself haven't played it but I know they did alot of things wrong in that version...
FidgityFox
Ace5712
FidgityFox
Ace5712

I would highly recommend finding it again if the opportunity were to present itself mrgreen Just avoid the PSP one like the plague...I myself haven't played it but I know they did alot of things wrong in that version...

I will for sure have to give it go again, its been sooooo long. lol.

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

I excluded Mario and Zelda titles because I'd imagine at least 80% of people who grew up on these systems probably loved them too.

NES
Little Nemo
Blaster Master
Batman
Roger Rabbit
TMNT
Jaws

GEN
Altered Beast
Dinosaurs for Hire
Chakan: Forever Man
Castlevania Bloodlines
Beyond Oasis
Puggsy

N64
Banjo Kazooie
Bomberman 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Diddy Kong Racing
Shadows of the Empire
Killer Instinct Gold

PS1
Spyro the Dragon
Ape Escape
Gex 2 & 3
Bloody Roar 1 & 2
MediEvil
Symphony of the Night
Thanacytus
I excluded Mario and Zelda titles because I'd imagine at least 80% of people who grew up on these systems probably loved them too.

NES
Little Nemo
Blaster Master
Batman
Roger Rabbit
TMNT
Jaws

GEN
Altered Beast
Dinosaurs for Hire
Chakan: Forever Man
Castlevania Bloodlines
Beyond Oasis
Puggsy

N64
Banjo Kazooie
Bomberman 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Diddy Kong Racing
Shadows of the Empire

PS1
Spyro the Dragon
Ape Escape
Gex 2 & 3
Bloody Roar 1 & 2
MediEvil
Symphony of the Night

ahhhh Ape Escape, that game is a gem.
Tomba, Crash Bandicoot 3
acapla
Tomba, Crash Bandicoot 3

Didn't play the Tomba games much, but I did enjoy the Legacy of Kain series that was made by the same company Eidos!

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
pokemon. back then you legit needed to grind and they didn't hold your hand nearly as much as now. I remember my first play through: I was capturing everything that came my way until 2nd gym.

supermari64 even now the only other mario game that has legit made me feel like i was in a different world was super mario sunshine. everyother one just doesnt cut it fort me.

pokemon stadium: used to play it for ages. Back then I just chose any pokemon that I liked, not taking any strategies to account.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff