Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Vegas faction: which is your favorite?

[Legion] Ave, Amicus 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
[NCR] We won't go quietly. The Legion can count on that. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
[House] The House always wins. 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
[Wild Card] I just like to have power owo 0.19354838709677 19.4% [ 6 ]
Ech, THIS thread again? 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
[Barter 20] Gold please. 0.19354838709677 19.4% [ 6 ]
Let's talk about something else... 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
Goodbye. 0.064516129032258 6.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Kittenclysm
But in all of the other games they're the ******** bad guys. Full stop. People can argue all they want that oh, they're not evil: you can't impose your definition of evil on Brotherhood-senpai. But they're antagonists.

... What the hell are you talking about?

Kittenclysm
Oh, god, no! New Vegas DLC isn't like that. At least, most of it isn't. Courier's Stash and Gun Runners' Arsenal obviously have some of that "content we didn't have polished on release day and are now charging for."

Not... exactly. A ton of content got cut out of Fallout New Vegas. I know Ulysses was supposed to be in the main game, and I'm pretty sure Joshua Graham and Father Elijah were also planned at some point, as well.

Saxgrrrl's Waifu

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
Maltese_Falcon91
Kittenclysm
But in all of the other games they're the ******** bad guys. Full stop. People can argue all they want that oh, they're not evil: you can't impose your definition of evil on Brotherhood-senpai. But they're antagonists.

... What the hell are you talking about?

Kittenclysm
Oh, god, no! New Vegas DLC isn't like that. At least, most of it isn't. Courier's Stash and Gun Runners' Arsenal obviously have some of that "content we didn't have polished on release day and are now charging for."

Not... exactly. A ton of content got cut out of Fallout New Vegas. I know Ulysses was supposed to be in the main game, and I'm pretty sure Joshua Graham and Father Elijah were also planned at some point, as well.

A. Have you played 1 and 2?

B. Yes, I know. But I think we can agree that Lonesome Road isn't just Fallout: New Vegas with a new character named Ulysses.
Kittenclysm
A. Have you played 1 and 2?

Mhmm hmm.

I've also played Fallout Tactics. And I'm a little confused why you think the Brotherhood of Steel is an antagonist in that game.

Kittenclysm
B. Yes, I know. But I think we can agree that Lonesome Road isn't just Fallout: New Vegas with a new character named Ulysses.

It's still content that should have been in the game. Especially Ulysses.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
G3istly
Kittenclysm

No, I am fairly certain you are the last person left for me to anger, annoy, etc. Everyone else? I am certain they pray daily for a train to fall on me and then run my corpse over.

I actually don't spare a thought for you, normally, and when I do it's more along the lines of hoping you get an uncomfortable rash at some point, if that. razz

Vermillion Bloodsucker

9,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ghouls.

Can they be a faction? I vote Ghouls.

Saxgrrrl's Waifu

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
Nephilym
Ghouls.

Isn't that a bit racist? Not all ghouls are going to share the same values.

Vermillion Bloodsucker

9,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kittenclysm
Nephilym
Ghouls.

Isn't that a bit racist? Not all ghouls are going to share the same values.

Figures that a smooth skin like you would say something like that.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
So why isn't Brotherhood of Steel an option? That's a faction in NV. I vote for them.

Also, they aren't an antagonist faction really. They are more neutral. Especially in NV. In NV, they kept to themselves, and only ever left to gather supplies. If any faction was the antagonist in NV, it was most obviously The Legion

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I have my own faction, it is called the No Survivors. I am the only member, and the only person still alive in New Vegas.
NCR is probably the most interesting faction to side with and the most freedom in how to deal with the minor factions in the game.

I wanted to enjoy Caeser's Legion, I like their uniforms but they have the fewest quests and they aren't very interesting.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Maltese_Falcon91
A ton of content got cut out of Fallout New Vegas..

Not cut just not made 18 month development cycle does that.

Compared to fallout 3 having 4 years

Timely Bookworm

6,550 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tax Evader 100
Mechromancer4Life
I have my own faction, it is called the No Survivors. I am the only member, and the only person still alive in New Vegas.

The only TRUE way to play NV

But really, the best faction for me is Wildcard, because nothing beats flipping off the three major powers of the game.

Also, to anyone saying that the Brotherhood aren't an antagonistic group

Being an antagonist does not necessarily mean that the person/group in question is evil. The Brotherhood is not some force of good (excluding the Capitol Wasteland branch), they're a bunch of thugs who are so obsessed with archiving past technology that they're willing to take it from the rightful owners, by force if necessary. This is even brought up in the Free Nevada ending if you don't kill them.

Due to their temporary truce, the Brotherhood allowed the NCR to retreat from the Mojave Wasteland without incident. In the relative peace that followed, Brotherhood patrols appeared along major roads, harassing travelers over any bits of technology they had

So, while the BoS might not be evil per se, they are an antagonistic group of assholes.
G3istly
Kittenclysm

No, I am fairly certain you are the last person left for me to anger, annoy, etc. Everyone else? I am certain they pray daily for a train to fall on me and then run my corpse over.

You've never been ever to ger a rise out of I, the great Soviet Titties.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff