Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52 > >>

4,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
hi 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin surprised surprised surprised surprised heart heart heart heart rofl rofl mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

Tiny Crimester

The PM notification usually comes when I'm already reading the PM in question. Like, new PM? ORLY?
It's a great idea, but they dont work very well. It will tell me that my friend has changed their avatar a couple hours after they change, and it will tell me a couple times in a row. It's very annoying. And it only tells me when my friends changed thair avi, and that's it.

5,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i don't like this feature. if u arnt there when one of ur notifications pop up then u miss it! my friend posted a comment on my profile and i didnt realize till i went 2 update my prof!the next day! i think this feature should not become a permanent part of gaia.
I honestly don't like them. They popped over things I was reading in the forums and just basically anywhere on the website. And sometimes they don't even fade out. They just stay there making my whole page freeze up. And other times they fade out, but then they popup again somewhere else on the page.

Supporting my comment, we should be able to choose what corner/area we want our popups to show. Like some others have said, the size IS unreasonably large. If you have two notices to be shown, they should come in one box instead of two, total lagging boxes.

Tipsy Friend

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I like the whole idea of them, but getting alerts when my friend updates their avatar, or posts in a forum..it just happens too often. I'd like them to tell me about thing relevant to ME, and not what my friends do. (Unless it's a reply to my forum, or someone quoting me.)
It would be nice if the notification thingy could me moved around too. It gets in the way of stuff, and I have to wait for it to fade for me to get anything done!

I'm impatient emo

Distinct Phantom

alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?

what about when something on your wishlist is on the market cheap?

Partying Conventioneer

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
This would be AMAZING if you could edit what you want popping up. I used this for a little bit but it wasn't showing what I wanted it to show. It only showed me stupid things I don't care about.. So for the next 2 hours all I was notified about was who changed their avie for the 16th time in a row. It'd be nice if I could be notified only about things like.. recieving a friends request, pm, reply on my topic, etc.. especially if it notified me in ZOMG. That would be great. Yea, but as it is atm I find it annoying :c

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
This is a great idea and I loved it but it kept telling me I was getting pms and then none would show up.

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
its sort of bad. the resonce is slow i get updates i even get updates when the person doing the updateing is offline and it would be nice when an update happens i can click through them

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
My event thing doesn't show up in the top right hand corner, it shows up middle right. Not bothered, I think this is better than top right, just saying.

I find it annoying that I get an update every time a friend changes their avatar. Would be nice to kick that one out.

Also, it fades away too quickly.. I just get a flash of yellow 'so and os posted...' is as far as I get, and I'm not slow at reading. If it could be upped to lasting just 2 more seconds, it would be more useful, as I'd be able to click that instead of thinking "oh, flash of yellow *trundles to my gaia and clicks on forum post from there*"

Aged Noob

These alerts seem to have a glitch as they popped up about 10 times for the one thread my friend wrote. There were no new posts or anything! Also, it says my friend updated her avi, but she hasn't (although the first notification she did).

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Khana Hatake
It's a great idea, but they dont work very well. It will tell me that my friend has changed their avatar a couple hours after they change, and it will tell me a couple times in a row. It's very annoying. And it only tells me when my friends changed thair avi, and that's it.

I'm having this problem too. All the time it will pop up saying so&so changed their avatar over and over when I'm not too sure they even did!
also like said before, it needs to be able to be edited to only show what you want and a placement option and an imediate close option too.

Frost-bitten Lover

15,475 Points
  • Big Blind 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divine Donator 100
hi yeah ummm i had to deactivate it becuase it was glitching >> it said my friend thta ha log off kept send me pms 0.e it does that alot >> when my friends log off is keeps say that they changed there avi or sent me a pm >> its gotten anoying its like a broken record now vv

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff