Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 50 51 52 > >>

5,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
  • Full closet 200
I think there may be a problem with mine because it keeps telling me a friend is updating their profile when the friend isn't online

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Sometimes they are annoying because they pop up in front of something that you want to click

7,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
For me, this worked well at first, but then it started to tell me that I had a pm OVER AND OVER even after I read it. I showed it to me over and over for half an hour! scream
But besides that, it is fine! 4laugh

4,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?

I think it is one hell of a good idea, so pls add more features on the notifications thing!!!!

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,000 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I dont really like it.
Its just telling you what just happened like ur friends just changed s/he avatar

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
It's annoying. It repeats the same notifications over and over even when their compleatly old news. I've been getting a notification about a pm I got about a hour ago this entire time

6,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Do you already have when someone replies in a forum topic in a guild? It would be helpful. Not for quotes but for replying even if the thread is not yours. Half of the time I forget about it and start doing something else.
Its good, I would even use it, but its so slow!! There are notifications about PMs those tell you something about a 30min old PM.. Sure its great when you are stuck on the site without refreshing it for long, but its useless when its to slow.

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It was a great idea, but now it's just a nuisance. One will pop up and then the same one will keep popping up again and again and again! Also, if you want to click on something where the box is, it won't let you and it doesn't fade fast enough. That's really bad for gaming, like zOMG!
it would be troublesome if the alert for a pm faded and you couldn't click it. however you could always go to your inbox when you're finished with what you're doing. hmmmm... would it also appear next to your avatar on the next page you load?! biggrin ...that might be annoying ...hmmmm

oh! but the other alerts: friend posts forum topic, and friend logs-on i would enjoy!

Hygienic Conventioneer

I turned it on and i like it so far but mine isnt really working properly. Like i only get a fading thing when one of my friends updates their avis but not for their profiles or if i get a pm and i know that they did it cus when i check my gaia it said they did... but i may just have not of caught them but i would like the thought of if we could customize the way the thing looked and where it appers and what we r notifyed of that way ppl could have the stuff they wanted to pop up(ie if they get alot of quotes on their stuff they may find it annoying for it to pop up alot so they could turn it off) and also the notifications over lap when i get 2 at once so i would like it if like if i get 2 the 1st one is in the regulr place and then the 2nd could be under it or like on top of it or something... O and also i would like to know when a friend logs on that would be good too!
My friends change outfits a lot; and I would like to not have to see those pop-ups every minute.
So maybe make it an optional feature to the notifications?
I'm deactivating it for now because of this very reason.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
I think the current one is fine except posts on my topic don't register all the time and I would like one for friend logging on

Shapeshifter

I don't want this.

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Clambake 200
I think having them should remain optional..

Some people might like getting alerts, but when i used this (You may have fixed this by now) I would get alerts from people i had deleted (I was still on their friendlist)
If this is still something that happens, I think it should be made where you only get alerts about people on YOUR friend list.. But like i said, it has been a while since i used it and it might be fixed already.
Sorry for wasting space~
:3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas