Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think its worth the effort and gold to do Alchemy?

Yes. 0.3563829787234 35.6% [ 67 ]
No. 0.26063829787234 26.1% [ 49 ]
I have others make the items for me. 0.015957446808511 1.6% [ 3 ]
I'd rather buy the items on the MP. 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 16 ]
You can't make anything good in Alchemy. 0.031914893617021 3.2% [ 6 ]
Dunno... I don't do Alchemy. 0.13297872340426 13.3% [ 25 ]
Don't care... POLLHOAR! 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 4 ]
Ummm.. for the ACHIEVEMENTS! DUH! 0.095744680851064 9.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 188 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

[ b r i. l a l a ]'s Superhero

Charmed Cat

30,625 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Einrick
Paradox Ultima
Alchemy is friggin' crazy. Not only do you pour in all your gold on buying the outrageously expensive components, but some of the formulas require you to craft components that are higher than your level! For example, the level 4 formula, Deluxe Bone Mask. It requires an Ogre Bone, which is only available through crafting one OR finding one pre-crafted on the MP. Uhhh... Ogre Bone is a LEVEL SIX formula!!!! How can a level 4 make this??? Simply, it can't be done. You have to contract it out or buy it from the MP. Such a ripoff. Did Gaia even think about that before they made it that way? Its just adding more frustration to an already frustrating situation.

This was no doubt an attempt to get alchemists from different levels working together. That is, the level 6 alchemists craft Ogre Bones for the level 4 alchemists making Cuttlescythes and Deluxe Bone Masks, while the level 4 alchemists are making components like Devil Imp's Claws for the people crafting backwings.

In a way, it sort of does work, and you get those level 4 alchemists hiring higher level people to craft Ogre Bones, and you get level 6/7 alchemists willingly doing so for cheap to level up easier. It doesn't seem to work as well the other way, though, for several reasons: A level 10 alchemists can just make the Imp's Claws themselves, such formulas generally require a number of Caches components that make them expensive, and formulas like that are typically Very Low chance which make them impossible to craft at the same level easily.

Thank you for the input. When I wrote that, I was merely ranting. Afterwards, I started thinking the way you said it. Its got to be about working together to accomplish a common goal. Are you an alchemist, by the way?
User Image
speaking of gold sink, thanks to alchemy, I am now broke, very broke, like I don't have over 1k in gold broke rofl Though a large part of it wasn't so much alchemy as it was I bought art from someone, but I'm always glad to support the arts. Though alchemy did use up the rest of my gold and kept me from growing my gold.

Welp, time to go back to zOMG so I can do more alchemy.

Fluffy Bear

22,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Personally, I'm stuck level 3 and going nowhere fast. Too expensive.

Charmed Cat

30,625 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Latopazora
User Image
speaking of gold sink, thanks to alchemy, I am now broke, very broke, like I don't have over 1k in gold broke rofl Though a large part of it wasn't so much alchemy as it was I bought art from someone, but I'm always glad to support the arts. Though alchemy did use up the rest of my gold and kept me from growing my gold.

Welp, time to go back to zOMG so I can do more alchemy.

Honey, if thats the art you got... DAMN, it was very much worth it!

Charmed Cat

30,625 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
xDemonhornzx

Make a CRAPLOAD of Fausto's Bottles. Thats what I did to get through Level 3. Good luck.

Lunatic

Who is all in here tippin.

Charmed Cat

30,625 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Amalien

Why you delete me??? )))):

Lunatic

Paradox Ultima
Amalien

Why you delete me??? )))):

I raged and deleted everyone. I tried to add you back, won't let me. q-q

Fluffy Bear

22,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Paradox Ultima
xDemonhornzx

Make a CRAPLOAD of Fausto's Bottles. Thats what I did to get through Level 3. Good luck.

It's not the Fausto's, it's the other thing I need with it that's so expensive. I'm not willing to spend my 2 million on this crap.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
xDemonhornzx
Paradox Ultima
xDemonhornzx

It's not the Fausto's, it's the other thing I need with it that's so expensive. I'm not willing to spend my 2 million on this crap.
Don't waste money buying the Stardust directly. Buy Garnet Caches and get Stardust from them.

Fluffy Bear

22,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Platonix

Still unfortunately a 100k a pop with barely any return.

Charmed Cat

30,625 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
xDemonhornzx
Paradox Ultima
xDemonhornzx

I know how you're feeling. But I am persistent. So I keep on. Whatever it is you choose to do, good luck with it. I wish it were cheaper, but nothing is EVER easy.
I've just started with alchemy. I'm only about halfway through level 1 now, but I'm determined to get somewhere with it. I've always been obsessed with the crafting aspect of gaming, so naturally this is something I want to do. I've never been too interested in expensive items, so this'll give me something to spend my gold on and a reason to get on Gaia everyday. Of course, getting nice items will be an added bonus eventually. biggrin

Shadowy Rogue

12,240 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
I think in some cases it looks to be worth it ... but with so many ingredients ONLY available in the Marketplace??! Some revisions HAVE to be done, and that's that. xp

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i'm level 5 and spending way too much gold on this. i'm only doing it for the achievements. i don't think it's worth it at all but i don't really have anything else i want to spend gold on so whatever. sweatdrop if i was someone who wanted to save up for a big quest or collect items i wouldn't bother with alchemy but i've finished my last two big quests (i quested for bunny slippers then i quested for all the mood bubbles) so i figured i'm just going to waste millions on this for some little numbers under my avatar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff