Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Look, I know that you want us to work and enjoy this new item sink feature and that you've been working on ways to get more of the ingredients circulating, but some of them are just too expensive.

Microchips:

I'm working on the P3 Gear. I need 5 Microchips. So I open a new tab and check the price to see that it's around 60 - 70k gold.

Yes, that's too expensive for me considering I need multiples of this item. So I went around to see if there was some formula for Microchips.

None.

So I did a search to see where they came from. Apparently they're part of your initiative of placing Alchemy items in Gold Giftboxes and Caches. However I'm disappointed that I've still haven't gotten a single Alchemy item from the Daily Chance. As I recall, you guys said you would use that as a means of distribution as well.

Well, I'd like to ask what's the use of having a sign-in bonus for the Daily Chance if I only get Ocean Tops, 4th Amigo Pants, Gold, and Tokens all the time? That seems to be rotten luck to me. There's no bonus in those items. It doesn't help me get to level 2 or 3. Luckily I got to level 2 with the help of the events and actually completing some level 1 Alchemy formulas. But I'm finding issue with your distribution methods because the items I need are still expensive. I find it to be lacking. So for this I'd like to ask that you guys stop dishing out Ocean Tops and 4th Amigo Pants so much. Make that bonus for signing in actually count for something and give people items that are not Gold Shop items.

Also there's this Lawn Gnome Figure. This is a zOMG recipe product. However when you look for the recipe, you get this result.

I'd like to ask that you increase the drop rate of this recipe in zOMG so that the pricing goes down in the MP for those who are unable to play zOMG. It's embarrassing for an item you get as loot seems to be appreciating in price due to demand...and lack of supply.

Please increase the drop rate on that (and all loot and recipes, actually). Thank you.

Beloved Elder

8,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I only see one "please" in that whole post, just thought I'd say.

Somepony also needs to remember that this is also still a pretty new thing that they're working the bugs out of.

Yes it's a pain that the daily chance is as useless as ever, seeing as they've said they were changing it several times now for different item bonuses in there.. not that I've noticed.

If you want zOMG loot, then it would require playing zOMG, no way around that and increasing drop rates would unbalance things..

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
shannley

Somepony also needs to remember that this is also still a pretty new thing that they're working the bugs out of.

And Gaia can use the OP's feedback when working the bugs out.

shannley

If you want zOMG loot, then it would require playing zOMG, no way around that and increasing drop rates would unbalance things..

Playing zOMG is great but since alchemy they've actually nerfed some loot drop rates. So they unbalanced the game by doing that.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lawn Gnome Figures are unusual as an alchemy component; everyone only gets one recipe through playing zOMG, from an unrepeatable quest, and I'm not sure where else you could get one. Then again, if you really want one, you could simply play zOMG for a bit and get one yourself. They are available very early in the game.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
shannley
I only see one "please" in that whole post, just thought I'd say.

Yes it's a pain that the daily chance is as useless as ever, seeing as they've said they were changing it several times now for different item bonuses in there.. not that I've noticed.

The overall feedback given about the Alchemy system is very much needed since it gives Gaia a user's view on what's needed to happen in order to balance things out.

Someuser needs to see that with the introduction of one feature that uses another feature's items, this creates an imbalance to the latter features intended use and therefore needs to be balanced out to accommodate the extra demand. Thus increasing that drop rate is needed.

Whether I say Please, Thank, or otherwise, it shouldn't take away from the message being conveyed here.

Understand, while I or you are able to play zOMG, a flash-based game, there are others on this site who cannot. It would be a pain to them to not be able to participate in another feature simply because no one wants to edit a number in the code.

Einrick

Anything can be a Alchemy component. I find it odd that some formulas ask for the use of expensive Evolving Items.

Don't miss the point. This isn't a "I want this cuz I dun wanna play zOMG!" It's an "this item is expensive due to a lack of it from your game and lack of proper distribution." I play zOMG, just like I play RW. However between the two, zOMG takes up less resources, thus I'm able to play more of it.

Regardless, there still lies a problem of accommodating the change. Increasing the drop rate of recipes should be part of that.

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
u shoulda bought microchips for 5k when they first got out like i did lol

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Monochrome Haseo

I don't stalk the Marketplace, plus I didn't know when they came out. So basically it was pointless to stalk a component I couldn't use yet and had no idea existed.

Consider yourself lucky.

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Catalyste
Monochrome Haseo

I don't stalk the Marketplace, plus I didn't know when they came out. So basically it was pointless to stalk a component I couldn't use yet and had no idea existed.

Consider yourself lucky.
stalking the mp is so fun tho emotion_dowant

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Monochrome Haseo
Catalyste
Monochrome Haseo

Consider yourself lucky.
stalking the mp is so fun tho emotion_dowant

Lol, I can live without that. Other things interest me.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Catalyste
Also there's this Lawn Gnome Figure. This is a zOMG recipe product. However when you look for the recipe, you get this result.

I'd like to ask that you increase the drop rate of this recipe in zOMG so that the pricing goes down in the MP for those who are unable to play zOMG. It's embarrassing for an item you get as loot seems to be appreciating in price due to demand...and lack of supply.

Please increase the drop rate on that (and all loot and recipes, actually). Thank you.

That item is a quest reward. You can't "up" it's drop rate. It's 100%, but a once in a account-time thing. It also takes maybe 30 minutes to get one. It's the end of village greens reward. The fact that formula also needs a garlic dress helps most not bothering. See below.

And there's also Cheri's Twin Axe, which is required for The Drill, which is also a quest reward. Using Quest rewards was a bullshit decision and I can totally see them being warned not to do it and doing it anyways.
Most people don't bother with it.

There are, however, items that have 0% drop rate on zOMG!, such as the garlic dress, and used on Alchemy. Unlike what a user said, these were NOT made down AFTER alchemy was implemented. That's silly. They were already gone from the game previously to that, due to a bug that no one saw because no one wanted those items. It just so happened that gaia picked those specifically... Coincidence, uh?

The worst part is that they used the impossibility of finding these as a way of showing zOMG! didn't get an activity boost from Alchemy. Troll logic at its best.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
DrQuint
Catalyste

That item is a quest reward. You can't "up" it's drop rate. It's 100%, but a once in a account-time thing. It also takes maybe 30 minutes to get one. It's the end of village greens reward.

And there's also Cheri's Twin Axe, which is required for The Drill, which is also a quest reward. Using Quest rewards was a bullshit decision and I can totally see them being warned not to do it and doing it anyways.
Most people don't bother with it. The fact that it also need a garlic dress helps most not bothering. See below.

There are, however, items that have 0% drop rate on zOMG!, such as the garlic dress, and used on Alchemy. Unlike what a user said, these were NOT made down AFTER alchemy was implemented. That's silly. They were already gone from the game previously to that, due to a bug that no one saw because no one wanted those items. It just so happened that gaia picked those specifically... Coincidence, uh?

The worst part is that they used the impossibility of finding these as a way of showing zOMG! didn't get an activity boost from Alchemy. Troll logic at its best.

God! I was trying to remember where the recipe for the Lawn Gnome came from. It's total crap that they're placing a one-time win item as an ingredient considering it's a limited item. Yes, Cheri's Twin was the same.

They should really really keep storyline awards OUT OF THE FORMULAS! emotion_facepalm *groans*

It's absurd. The formulas ask for 5 of those type. We can't farm for those recipes, we have to buy them.

I'd like it if Gaia made it possible for us to revisit those quests and made them repeatable.

I really did not like the soft launch of this system. It just wasn't thought out right.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Catalyste
They should really really keep storyline awards OUT OF THE FORMULAS! emotion_facepalm *groans*

It's absurd. The formulas ask for 5 of those type. We can't farm for those recipes, we have to buy them.

I'd like it if Gaia made it possible for us to revisit those quests and made them repeatable.

You've touched the two acceptable exceptions actually:

1) Allow quest rewards for formulas to receive the "upgraded version" of an item, as in, require only ONE of them.
2) Make new repeatable quests with a chance to get those items

also, I'm still waiting to see any sort of way to get Alchemy stuff that isn't massivelly relying on luck. Except for enki, this entire list is made of crappy choices.

A Glitch

Catalyste

i don't disagree with anything you said in this thread so far, but i have to point out that both lawn gnome figure and the axe and dress QuintaFeira talks about are obtainable from the zOMG daily chance!!

they stooped dropping at that rate they once did, but still do!!

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Catalyste
Look, I know that you want us to work and enjoy this new item sink feature and that you've been working on ways to get more of the ingredients circulating, but some of them are just too expensive.

Microchips:

I'm working on the P3 Gear. I need 5 Microchips. So I open a new tab and check the price to see that it's around 60 - 70k gold.

Yes, that's too expensive for me considering I need multiples of this item. So I went around to see if there was some formula for Microchips.

None.

So I did a search to see where they came from. Apparently they're part of your initiative of placing Alchemy items in Gold Giftboxes and Caches. However I'm disappointed that I've still haven't gotten a single Alchemy item from the Daily Chance. As I recall, you guys said you would use that as a means of distribution as well.

Well, I'd like to ask what's the use of having a sign-in bonus for the Daily Chance if I only get Ocean Tops, 4th Amigo Pants, Gold, and Tokens all the time? That seems to be rotten luck to me. There's no bonus in those items. It doesn't help me get to level 2 or 3. Luckily I got to level 2 with the help of the events and actually completing some level 1 Alchemy formulas. But I'm finding issue with your distribution methods because the items I need are still expensive. I find it to be lacking. So for this I'd like to ask that you guys stop dishing out Ocean Tops and 4th Amigo Pants so much. Make that bonus for signing in actually count for something and give people items that are not Gold Shop items.

i would suggest you quite trying to buy the items on the mp of coarse it is expensive. Why don't you try going ito zomg and find the gnome recipe and parts it will cost you a whopping couple hundred gold instead of 10s of thousends same with the microchip and most of the other components. If the prices are to expensive at the mp then go find them or make them or trade items on the exchange
I believe the Lawn Gnome Figure Recipe is so hard to find because it's a one time grant for a quest line (but don't quote me, this is just what I remember.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff