• Mark Twain 100
... you sir are just trolling me now >.>. lol

Dangerous Loiterer

I thought I was just clear.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Maybe, or perhaps i'm just tired atm, think I slept to much today >.>. Came back from a new years party at 3am, didn't sleep till 4:30am and then woke up at 1pm ¬¬.

Dangerous Loiterer

; _ ; I'm so worried I've got a virus. My antivirus said it blocked some high-risk stuff from a site but I don't trust whether it would have had something else on that site as well that it might not have caught.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Well I suggest you download this free security check up thing from kaspersky. Its what I use when someone needs a laptop fixed due to them going on either weird sites or catching a virus.

http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool-register

Clean your computer with that, and then see if that error message pops up. As most virus say this thing is bad and once u click it the virus spreads.

Dangerous Loiterer

I'll try it in the morning.

I'm using Norton at the minute and I have a copy of Kaspersky lying around as well. I suppose I could always do a system restore if worst comes to worst.

If Norton said it blocked it, it shouldn't have got through, right?

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Sounds about right. Then again I don't use norton as slows down laptop and its super slow to run >.>. Kaspersky and AVG are the ones I use.

Dangerous Loiterer

It came as a free thing with the laptop, so I kept it. Norton seems to have a good reputation for how it blocks stuff, but it's really bulky and slow.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
That's how people get suckered into staying with them. When it comes free with the laptop xD.

Take it from a dude that does computing, Norton is bad and slow. Use Kaspersky or AVG you wont even realise its running till you want to scan your machine. Even then your machine doesnt slow down that much.

Dangerous Loiterer

I used to use AVG. Was thinking about switching back when my 90 days of Norton is up.

My laptop is basically top of the line, so I don't notice it slowing anything down. But I just want to know I'm safe. I've done three full system scans and nothing's come up, so I should be okay, right? I don't want to put any passwords into anything in case there's a keylogger or something.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Should be fine, if ur still scared of something happening. Do a malware/adware scan just to be sure nothing is still lurking around.

Dangerous Loiterer

I'm so paranoid about this. My laptop is my life.

This is what my history says. Reckon it's all right?

Sorry for bothering you and using you as tech support. xD

User Image

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Caerthakatha

User Image

What caused that message to pop up. A website,folder on the comp,pop up ?

Np i like giving out help when i can.

Dangerous Loiterer

Phrozen Pikachu
Caerthakatha

User Image

What caused that message to pop up. A website,folder on the comp,pop up ?

Np i like giving out help when i can.
It was a site I've used lots of times. The reason it came up twice in rapid succession was because I pressed a button to go to the next page, as I do probably a dozen times a day? It was just the regular button. Perhaps the site has been hacked?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff