Tipsy Tycoon

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
Markkhan
Bala ni sasi
No more hutki plz

Tbf, the only bengalis that'd access this are most likely to be apart of the asian diaspora, and not many of them are aware of it. I only found it when I was young because my older sister went to a white school, and found it somehow through there. Lucky I did though, Gaia was a good part of my younger years. I did try getting a few others into it, but not many are that interested in forums really -
especially know that social media's a thing, less and less are interested in things like this. Even amongst existing users there's a tendency to come on less frequently, I only ever come on during holidays really. For shame

Props to keeping this thread alive though. It always surprises people to know that bengali's like the 6th most spoken language, with around 300m speakers. And around the world we're doing reasonably well, which is a thing to proud of. /master race

That's true. A lot of bengalis I know irl are fanatics about natoks and cricket instead. I pop in and out nowadays to see what's up, and what my friends are upto, but thats really about it. That and I keep an eye out for the thread.

Its been awhile since I made this thread, oh wow. xD

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Midank
Himatan

I have a fair amount of real life friends that are complete weebs, but theyre fun to be around xD

Boy, I envy you. owo
Wish I had some. x'D

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

As normal as everyday. xD
Study and stuff or hang out here. What 'bout you? :3

Tipsy Tycoon

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
Himatan
Midank
Himatan

I have a fair amount of real life friends that are complete weebs, but theyre fun to be around xD

Boy, I envy you. owo
Wish I had some. x'D

Lmao xD its fun to be with them thats for sure. where are ya from if i dont mind asking?

Dangerous Muse

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
Markkhan
Nekika

idk what you said in the first two sentences
//born and raised here, still living
Another dialect maybe? xD but yeah thanks for the post ~

Ah right lol
Balo achenn sasi (masi?)
And no more shutki, as in the dried fish.

Yeah I was speaking sylheti, I take the 300m speakers comment back, it's a bloody mission to try and understand standard bengali speakers. You live in bangladesh? You're very fluent in english, bangladesh's education system must've gotten a lot better since my parents left..

//doesn't know what sasi/masi is XDD
aww man Sylheti xp I have a Sylheti friend I met here who lives in the UK, I usually talk to her in english but when she starts speaking her dialect, it's so difficult to understand sweatdrop Kita korso?(or something)
Yeah the capital. Well there is the usual bengali and english medium schools, I guess they have comparatively alright since I've been to the english medium ones(not that the english reaches that far HECK the books are made in India lmao). But thanks, I do my best in talking/typing non-typical-teenage-texttalking as much as I can >>
-edit-
I take that back eek It doesn't really matter what kind of education system people have dealt with but how much they've kept up their english lol I got tons of bengali medium friends who's got pretty impressive vocabulary going on only because they've worked on it by reading english books, speaking and getting a grip on the pronunciation etc

Dangerous Muse

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

Nothing much, trying not to procrastinate eek
Almost the end of the year OTL

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Midank
Himatan
Midank
Himatan

Boy, I envy you. owo
Wish I had some. x'D

Lmao xD its fun to be with them thats for sure. where are ya from if i dont mind asking?

I used to live in Dhaka, now in WB. owo
What 'bout you? :3

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

Whoa. whee
I just realized the year's ending. whee whee whee

Dangerous Muse

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

Whoa. whee

yyyeah
gonk
Plans and resolutions?

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

Whoa. whee

yyyeah
gonk
Plans and resolutions?

Well, I guess I want a full score for my upcoming finals. sweatdrop
If they didn't exist I swear, neutral I would never see daylight again. lol

What about yours? 4laugh
Nekika

aww man Sylheti xp I have a Sylheti friend I met here who lives in the UK, I usually talk to her in english but when she starts speaking her dialect, it's so difficult to understand sweatdrop Kita korso?(or something)
Yeah the capital. Well there is the usual bengali and english medium schools, I guess they have comparatively alright since I've been to the english medium ones(not that the english reaches that far HECK the books are made in India lmao). But thanks, I do my best in talking/typing non-typical-teenage-texttalking as much as I can >>
-edit-
I take that back eek It doesn't really matter what kind of education system people have dealt with but how much they've kept up their english lol I got tons of bengali medium friends who's got pretty impressive vocabulary going on only because they've worked on it by reading english books, speaking and getting a grip on the pronunciation etc

Honestly though, I've spoken english as a main language for my whole life, read a lot of literature almost exclusively in english and your english is as good as mine if not better. Definitely a good thing though, at least I'll be a lot less apprehensive about being lost if I ever get the chance to visit Dhaka.

Tipsy Tycoon

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
Himatan
Midank
Himatan
Midank
Himatan

Boy, I envy you. owo
Wish I had some. x'D

Im all the way out at the US, Arizona. xD

Dangerous Muse

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Markkhan
Nekika

-edit-

Honestly though, I've spoken english as a main language for my whole life, read a lot of literature almost exclusively in english and your english is as good as mine if not better. Definitely a good thing though, at least I'll be a lot less apprehensive about being lost if I ever get the chance to visit Dhaka.

Well things are not as bad though here though. People aren't very hostile to the english language as they were before and don't treat foreigners like aliens, like they used to rofl Trust me though, you might not recognize Dhaka anymore, it has well.... developed eek

Dangerous Muse

12,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan
Nekika
Himatan

Whoa. whee

yyyeah
gonk
Plans and resolutions?

Well, I guess I want a full score for my upcoming finals. sweatdrop
If they didn't exist I swear, neutral I would never see daylight again. lol

What about yours? 4laugh

Neeerd dramallama
Naw jk but it's good be be ambitious ~ I'm sure you'd ace it emotion_yatta
Same as this year for me, I will try to procrastinate less emotion_sweatdrop

Sarcastic Human

12,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Midank
Himatan
Midank
Himatan
Midank
Himatan

Boy, I envy you. owo
Wish I had some. x'D

Im all the way out at the US, Arizona. xD

Someone's been A to Z~~~~~~~~
jk xDDDDDDDDD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items