+1 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
Have fun! =3 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So In June I'm going on a class trip to Mexico. I forget all the cities we'll hit. I know for a fact we'll be in Mexico City, and Cancun.

Any helpful hints/warnings?
Or even suggestions of places to see, markets to hit, things to buy as souvineers?

Of course, I know the basic warnings about the water, no ice, don't wander from the group etc. But anything else would be wonderful. Even if you just want to chill and talk about Mexico it's cool.
...I wouldn't recomend going to Mexico because of all the violence and kidnapping.

But hey, if you still want to go, have fun.

I'd suggest bringing someone who can speak spanish well and who knows how much the Peso to the Dollar is.

They usually have good candies. I suggest the Duvalins (sp?)

Try the Corn on the Cob. It tastes good with Mayo, chilie, and cheese.

Oh, bring hand sanatiser because Mexico can get very dirty, especially in the bathrooms...

Original Humorist

i_luv_your_boyfriend
So In June I'm going on a class trip to Mexico. I forget all the cities we'll hit. I know for a fact we'll be in Mexico City, and Cancun.

Any helpful hints/warnings?
Or even suggestions of places to see, markets to hit, things to buy as souvineers?

Of course, I know the basic warnings about the water, no ice, don't wander from the group etc. But anything else would be wonderful. Even if you just want to chill and talk about Mexico it's cool.

Mexico was nice when I went, but yes I do have some tips.

Not to say that every Mexican bathroom is dirty, but almost all that I went inside of was. BRING TOILET PAPER! I'm not kidding, they run out.

I bought this really cute fish painted with a Mexican scene on it that holds like change and stuff. I like it. -shrug- Their art is really pretty to me. I also got some fish windchimes that were also handpainted. There will be some things that are sold that won't really remind you of Mexico and I just think it's nicer to have something that really is Mexico in essense.

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Roygbiv06
...I wouldn't recomend going to Mexico because of all the violence and kidnapping.

But hey, if you still want to go, have fun.

I'd suggest bringing someone who can speak spanish well and who knows how much the Peso to the Dollar is.

They usually have good candies. I suggest the Duvalins (sp?)

Try the Corn on the Cob. It tastes good with Mayo, chilie, and cheese.

Oh, bring hand sanatiser because Mexico can get very dirty, especially in the bathrooms...

We aren't traveling near Baja. I've already looked up the kidnappings as well. Thanks for the advice though. And I'll remember to bring hand sanitizer. I hadn't thought of that before. Thank you.

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Acta Sanctorum
i_luv_your_boyfriend

Mexico was nice when I went, but yes I do have some tips.

Not to say that every Mexican bathroom is dirty, but almost all that I went inside of was. BRING TOILET PAPER! I'm not kidding, they run out.

I bought this really cute fish painted with a Mexican scene on it that holds like change and stuff. I like it. -shrug- Their art is really pretty to me. I also got some fish windchimes that were also handpainted. There will be some things that are sold that won't really remind you of Mexico and I just think it's nicer to have something that really is Mexico in essense.

I feel the same about souvineers. And will the TSA or whatever it's called allow you to bring toilet paper? :/

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Dont drink the water.

lol, I havent been to Mexico in ages. Enjoy your trip, make sure to have sanitizer and toliet paper, and sunblock, and be careful where you hide your money.

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Genyusai
Dont drink the water.

lol, I havent been to Mexico in ages. Enjoy your trip, make sure to have sanitizer and toliet paper, and sunblock, and be careful where you hide your money.

I'm well aware of the water. That seems to be EVERYBODY's advice.

And I'm intending to hide it in a spot no one ever thinks to look. Thank you.

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well thanks all for the advice! biggrin

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ohai comments.
Im mexican and I live in Mexico City

My advice?

There is a turibus which is a bus that takes you around all the great places in here, from museums to this really nice zone called La Condesa which is full of cool little cafes and stores.

Also, have a great time!!! Be careful and all but also try not to let all those "Oh Mexico is the devil" stories scare you.

Bring your camera, at Cancun youll see great great beaches that are just beautiful and try not to walk around alone in the City, always travel with a friend or family.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me ^_^

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Daluli
Im mexican and I live in Mexico City

My advice?

There is a turibus which is a bus that takes you around all the great places in here, from museums to this really nice zone called La Condesa which is full of cool little cafes and stores.

Also, have a great time!!! Be careful and all but also try not to let all those "Oh Mexico is the devil" stories scare you.

Bring your camera, at Cancun youll see great great beaches that are just beautiful and try not to walk around alone in the City, always travel with a friend or family.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me ^_^

Ha Mexico is a beautiful country, the stories are just overblown by overprotecting parents and ignorant tourists. Thanks, I'll take advantage of your offer.
^-^
i am from mexico and i can tell you there are no much kidnapps as they say, i suggest going to the first square of the city, enjoying the places and going to the basilica of guadalupe, its like a green oasis on a concrete desert, even if you are not of that religion its kinda nice to see, in cancun just enoy the beach, remember that a few beachs on all the world have white sand, cancun is one of them, if you want any other information please be my guest and please pm me
and one more thing, in mexico the water is treated for human use but not for human drinking, water of faucets cant be dr1inked, some hotels have filters and purification systems, always ask before drink lol

Dapper Businesswoman

7,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Thank you so so sooo much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers