Welcoming Friend

10,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Friendly 100
sodomyandlust
kira tsui tsukaki

salut

I am trying to learn frensh but I am a little confused about the the diffrence between the spoken frensh in both canada and france , is it only the accent that is different or it is the whole grammar system and vocabulary.
merci

The difference between Canadian french and France French is mostly the accent and some vocabulary and expressions. The grammar stays the same and most vocabulary as well.
Actually, canadian french is very close to the french that was spoken in the 17-18th century when most European people came to the new world.
Whereas French as spoken in France as evolved differently and some words that are spoken by french canadians have disappeared in today's french.

I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask me for more explanation if needed.

thank you this was very helpful .
Interesting!
I understand it, but I cannot write it sweatdrop

Bonjour Mademoiselle

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
share-ah
Interesting!
I understand it, but I cannot write it sweatdrop

Bonjour Mademoiselle

Bonjour!
sodomyandlust

I hope we can be friends smile
How is your day going?

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
share-ah
sodomyandlust

My day is going fine, how about yours?
sodomyandlust

My day is going wonderful. I went shopping, so I am extremely happy. blaugh
Thanks for request.
I will either send a pm or comment instead of chatting here.
But before I leave, how do you say "Talk to you again" or "See you soon" ?

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
share-ah
sodomyandlust

My day is going wonderful. I went shopping, so I am extremely happy. blaugh
Thanks for request.
I will either send a pm or comment instead of chatting here.
But before I leave, how do you say "Talk to you again" or "See you soon" ?

Shopping does miracles lol

There are plenty of expressions to say those things:

the most common is : A plus tard (you can see this expression spelled like this in emails or messages : " A+" ) which roughly translates to "see you later"

There is also : A bientôt , which is closer to " see you soon"

There is no true french equivalent to "talk to you again" unless its on the phone where we'd say : "On se rappelle" which kinda means "let's call eachother again soon"
Countess Carmilla

hello hello!

i need your help one more time with some phrases and quotes sweatdrop pleasssee!
this time i will tip you biggggggg heart
What time is it in france?? hehe i was wondering if you're like sleeping at this time ninja

"I see what is in your eyes
And I know what is in your heart
but i don't know what's going on in your mind"

“What happened in the past that was painful has a great deal to do with what we are today,
but revisiting this painful past can contribute little or nothing to what we need to do now"

"To think someone cared that i was gone"

"Fight Fate or Embrace Destiny"

"You may be Decive if you trust too much
but you will live tormented if you dont trust enough"

"a picture can tell a thousand words"

"a picture is worth a thousand words"

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

"For We Pay a Price for everything We Get or Take in this world,
and although ambitions are well worth they are not to be cheaply won."

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Caspay
Countess Carmilla

When you wrote it was 6.30am for me lol, now it's 9am ^^

So, let's begin :

"I see what is in your eyes
And I know what is in your heart
but i don't know what's going on in your mind"

=
" Je vois ce qu'il y a dans tes yeux
Et je sais ce qu'il y a dans ton coeur
mais j'ignore ce qu'il se passe dans ton esprit"

“What happened in the past that was painful has a great deal to do with what we are today,
but revisiting this painful past can contribute little or nothing to what we need to do now"

=
"Même si les événements douloureux du passé nous ont construit, revenir sur ce passé douloureux contribuerait en si peu, voire en rien sur ce que nous devons faire à présent."

"To think someone cared that i was gone"

=
"Penser que quelqu'un se souciait du fait que j'étais parti(e) ----& add "e" if the subject is feminine

"Fight Fate or Embrace Destiny"

=
"Combat le mauvais sort/ la fatalité ou étreins la déstinée"

NB : The word "Fate" doesn't really exist the way we mean it in english, because we use the word "Destinée" to mean both "destiny" and "fate". To make the quote the most accurate possible, I used to word "spell" or "fatality", you chose which one you like best.

"You may be Decive if you trust too much
but you will live tormented if you dont trust enough"

=
"L'on peut être déçu en ayant trop confiance,
mais ne pas avoir assez confiance ne mène qu'aux tourments"

"a picture can tell a thousand words"

"a picture is worth a thousand words"

=
"Une image peut signifier mille mots"
"Une image vaut mille mots" -------& most used of the two

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

=
"Ce que l'on fait pour nous même meurt avec nous.
Mais ce que l'on fait pour les autre et pour le monde survit et est immortel."

"For We Pay a Price for everything We Get or Take in this world,
and although ambitions are well worth they are not to be cheaply won."

=
"Nous payons le prix de tout ce que l'on obtient ou prend dans ce monde. Et même si les ambitions en valent la peine, elles ne sont pas gagnées sans efforts"

In the means to make the translation grammatically accurate and respect the lyrical language of the quotations, it is not a word to word translation.

I hope this satisfies you, don't hesitate to ask me questions if something's not clear.
Countess Carmilla

this is why im asking you for help, i cant trust online traslators it wouldnt an accurate translation.
my intention is to send these quotations via mobile to a friend of mine who actually speaks french as a second language. i just got off the phone with her actually. its 327 am here ooo eek .im sleppy now. emotion_zzz thank you so much for your help, have a very productive day while im dreaming hehe emotion_zzz heart byee

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Caspay
Countess Carmilla

this is why im asking you for help, i cant trust online traslators it wouldnt an accurate translation.
my intention is to send these quotations via mobile to a friend of mine who actually speaks french as a second language. i just got off the phone with her actually. its 327 am here ooo eek .im sleppy now. emotion_zzz thank you so much for your help, have a very productive day while im dreaming hehe emotion_zzz heart byee

Goodnight and sweet dreams then ^^. I'm glad I could help

Quotable Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Salut!! Quoi de neuf?? (Do you say that in France?? My french is Quebecois haha)

So I'm a french immersion student, have been my whole life, and i'd say i'm rather fluent in french. It's just the grammar and the verbs. Ah mon dou les verbes! (I also have a bad habbit of using slang ALL THE TIME). Like I learn it, write the test, and then i forget all of it. But i'm starting grade 12 and my french teacher will KILL me if i keep giving him essays using the grammar of a third grader. So could i just like use this throughout the year just for grammar and stuff?? Please it would really help me out!!

Merci, à tantôt!

Interesting Cat

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
kkskz
Salut!! Quoi de neuf?? (Do you say that in France?? My french is Quebecois haha)

So I'm a french immersion student, have been my whole life, and i'd say i'm rather fluent in french. It's just the grammar and the verbs. Ah mon dou les verbes! (I also have a bad habbit of using slang ALL THE TIME). Like I learn it, write the test, and then i forget all of it. But i'm starting grade 12 and my french teacher will KILL me if i keep giving him essays using the grammar of a third grader. So could i just like use this throughout the year just for grammar and stuff?? Please it would really help me out!!

Merci, à tantôt!

We do say "quoi de neuf" in France, but I can recognize your french is Quebecois from the others expressions you used.
You can, of course, ask me anything you need throughout the year. I know the grammar and verb tenses are pretty complicated to learn, and even native speakers make mistakes.

Have a nice day. ^^
Countess Carmilla

I have a question...

do u watch yor Favorite TV Shows in french?
Spongebob Squarepants
Family Guy
The Simpsons

I mean if you prefer watching them in english or french.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff