Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

An Unknown Kunoichi
AmiGoat
An Unknown Kunoichi
Lols. Resorting to bribery should work. =P

Good luck!~ ^-^

Here is an Arabic thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-international/a-thread-on-arabic/t.44231703/

The owner, Kimyanji, is a very accomplished Arabic speaker in my opinion. =)

Thank you!

He really is accomplished. My thead will focus more on simple arabic phrases and sayings. Cultural differences, similarities and such.

Also, it's basically just a place for arabic or half-arabs like myself and others who have posted to hang out and for non arabs to learn and have fun 3nodding

Ah~

Myself, I haven't really given a second thought about the Arabic language before. xP To me, it's a bunch of squiggles.. and made me wonder how many understand it. >< Especially if it's handwritten. O_O

It's actually really simple to learn because the letters are all pronounced the same no matter what unless theres an accent on it but other than that yeah!
JesuzFreak
Going to try and keep the thread alive, very pretty pictures by the way. 3nodding

THank YEEW! heart
JesuzFreak
I guess, what I'd like to know is if there is anything considered rude over there or polite that someone should aviod doing that in America would be okay. sweatdrop

I know in Japan it can be different, like you should take your shoes off and what-not when you come into a house.

It's becoming less common now for guests to take off their shoes here in Saudi. We usually follow the lead of the host. If the host removes their shoes then so should the rest of the guests.

As wubblez said, it is always a custom to give you guest as much food and drink as they can possibly have.

Skirts above the knee are considered rude to wear to gatherings unless you're wearing thick stockings or such under them.

Social gatherings here are either all women or all men. So it would be rude to bring your brother along to a place you're going to. This is only applied to Saudi Arabia and some gulf region countries.
Yay! This thread rocks! I love the pictures. =)

I know plenty of Arabs (mostly because I'm trying to learn Arabic and people are always contacting me on a language buddy website).
I've pictures a friend of mine took of Sharjah (in the U.A.E.) if anyone's interested.
Oh and I have tons of links to Arabic language learning websites too.
whee
Thank you Amigoat and Wubblez for answering my questions ^_^

I think I'll stick around in this thread. It is interesting and I'd like to know more.

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I forgot to tell u!! But I love lebanese food!!

IN FACT I heart lebanese desserts!

I don't know which is the real name of "Bride Fingers"... but they are my favorite
I'm 1/4 Lebanese so you know what that means...

-Extreemly large family that lives all in the same general area.

-A small family gathering concists of more than 90 people.

-At said family gaterings ther is always Pita, Hummus, Kibbeh, and Tabbouleh.

-And last but not least they are very, very close.

Unfortunatly the majority of my family cannot speak Arabic but i would love to learn some day
Random fact: apparently halva has a similar cultural connotation as chocolate does for the Western world (i.e. women especially love it, etc.).

Feral Shapeshifter

AmiGoat
Beeeeeeeeeautiful D:

We don't have views like that here in Saudi. Only deserts lol, I need to post the veiw from my house. It's this large open dusty area with a small patch of weeds.

Hey, same here! I live in AZ. XD

Although... all the sand and rocks are red here. confused
I don't know why....

Feral Shapeshifter

Wubblez
Arabic lamp at my cousin's house
User Image

O-O PRETTY!!!

I want it! crying

Feral Shapeshifter

Wubblez
JesuzFreak
I guess, what I'd like to know is if there is anything considered rude over there or polite that someone should aviod doing that in America would be okay. sweatdrop

I know in Japan it can be different, like you should take your shoes off and what-not when you come into a house.

Well It's kinda rude not to say hello to your elders when you visit some one's house
and you usually should take off your shoes when your at some ones house too.
And YOU AWAYS
offer your guests food of tea when they visit.

Isn't that just kinda, IDK, common international coutesy?

Feral Shapeshifter

By the way, I'd love to learn some Arabic! I don't even know how to say "hello" though. sweatdrop
metarukaze
By the way, I'd love to learn some Arabic! I don't even know how to say "hello" though. sweatdrop

Marhaba or ahlan are common greetings.
For pronounciation

Feral Shapeshifter

THANK YOU! mrgreen
Shokran. 3nodding
Arabic, a language that I have yet to learn!
I think people of the world should be more exposed of the Middle East.
There are so much to explore, and I'm sure once you understand, you won't easily judge.
People should introduce their culture more, so kudos to the post creator! Good job!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff