Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carnivals are fun. There's all kinds too. You've got your small town sort of county fair thing with all the same rides and rigged games but great food and local bands and arts and crafts junk, and then you've got your big city circuses with the good rides (ones you won't catch Tetanus from) and acrobats and elephants and such, and then there's the old school carnivale with the big top and freak show. Lots of options.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Isn't that last one called a circus?

All/any of those would be fun.
I think the old, Victorian type traveling show would be most fun. Especially if we do it in a modern setting. It would be anachronistic and steampunky - which is awesome.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Old, Victorian type traveling show? I don't really understand what this is.
Watervoir
Old, Victorian type traveling show? I don't really understand what this is.
I don't understand it either.

Distinct Hunter

Transcendentalists!
Another one lost here. :I

3,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
hello my name is abzu i am some what ok with rp and wish to learn more to become the best i can be i am a t1 mp mix fighter and beta [[that is a different and new rp style]] though i am good at rp it is. but its all ways good to learn new tricks

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Abzu the forgotten
hello my name is abzu i am some what ok with rp and wish to learn more to become the best i can be i am a t1 mp mix fighter and beta [[that is a different and new rp style]] though i am good at rp it is. but its all ways good to learn new tricks
Cool, you should sign up for the guild.

3,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Watervoir
Abzu the forgotten
o.o how do i do that

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Abzu the forgotten
Watervoir
Abzu the forgotten
o.o how do i do that
Go to the guild page, click the "join" link and fill out the form. The link to the guild page is in the first post of this thread.
Precisely so.

Also, wow that's some abrupt yarrrr.
Nice to meet you Abzu!
Oh hey, new people! Hope you find your way into the guild.

Aaand how to explain a Victorian type traveling show. . . hmmm. . . it's basically a steampunk circus. Traditional boxy wagons, maybe a train, gaudy carnival decorations, Ferris wheel and carousel are required, top hats, dancers, Vaudeville shows. . . think Moulin Rouge on wheels.

Distinct Hunter

Dude....

Victorian-Era Circuses put today's circuses to shame in terms of atmosphere.

Carnies were mean European brutes, often gypsies, the freaks were really freaks, the animals malnourished and hateful, clowns were actually scary, the devices were creaky and either steam/crude electricity powered. Stuff broke, caught on fire, and generally maligned people.

They were fantastic.

Today's circuses are only better in performance, and that's just because they have more effects now.

I like the olde carnivals.

Then again, I like steampunk stuff, so a victorian steampunk circus, I can think of ideas all day.

Too bad I have no real idea what we're talking about, and will likely not remember to come back here in any timely amount of time to sprout said ideas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff