Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the CSS Profile Sampler system by Lord-of-the-flies.
This is a fairly simple program which allows you to preview your CSS code before you confirm it on your profile. Originally, this tiny program was built to allow CSS coders to develop on the fly as everything is view on the spot, but the system was expanded to allow anyone to enter any code under any style to preview their profile.

Before anyone starts shouting "H4X>.<" for the system being able to see your profile, let me explain how this works. My code opens a connection with GAIA Online's port 80 (which is the way all browsers interact) and looks for your profile page, which is a standard URL with your ID number attached. The system then session caches a snippet of the page's HTML source, which it uses from that point on - removing the need to connect each time the style information is changed. Once you change your CSS, the system outputs the program's header, your CSS, the cached page, then the program's footer onto the display.

At this point in time, the program does use the GAIA Online images from the site upon display, but I will be updating to transfer all images related to display onto the program's subfolder. I just need to figure out how to copy images for sessions ^^;

Update The system is reconfigured to use the images on my server now. I still haven't figured out how to cache the images without a copy error yet, however.

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aged Lunatic

Its broke, don't work for me, it won't "Launch" anything o_O;

Browser is Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Windows XP SP1

EDIT:

I must say though, I do have one ethical conflict with this based on what you've described, and that is, have you thought about GAIA's bandwidth, like things that grab up an avatar or something you know okay and all, but like to grab the entire page, graphics and all that s**t, thats kinda something I would think isn't so good.

She helps the people she hates ...

Oh my god! That is soo cool! This is really going to help me make my profile!

... Because she doesn't like seeing them hurt

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aged Lunatic

Javascript is always enabled.

Sounds like a good way to cache, tis a lot better than multiple page retrieves.

I'll try again here in a bit see if it works again, mighta been a one time glitch.

EDIT: No, still not working for my o_O;

The script looks fine also, not giving me any errors on validation.

Maybe though trying to define it further as a Type within the Script tag parameter, rather than just <Script>

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aged Lunatic

That could be why, actually didn't realize the part about 'User ID Number'

I shouldn't prob try doign this stuff right before going to bed and right after waking up sweatdrop

Works now, and actually looks good, was something I was actually pondering placing into my Script-sys site eventually, but i'm glad someone else did it, saved me a lot of work I guess xp

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Interesting Noob

Ahhhk... *yawn* I see you've gotten this up already. >.<

. . . anyway...

*cough* http://www.design-ireland.net/graphics/imagery-16.php *cough*

And you should be doners. smile
...I love you.
--------------------------------