Welcome to Gaia! ::

Voting is a way to obtain money!

Wow! 0.62890625 62.9% [ 161 ]
Nice! 0.37109375 37.1% [ 95 ]
Total Votes:[ 256 ]
1 2 3 >

Magical Bunny

Hello my fellow gaians!

My name is Primrose, I’m 20 years old and I’m majoring in Business Administration. I play on gaiaonline since 2007, so now it’s time to give something back to the gaian community ~ or at least try to heart
On this guide, I’ll try to explain some things about what makes the gaian world go round: gold! gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold

This guide is for newbies and not so newbie people that wish to understand the gold system a little bit better! The way I chose to expose my ideas consists in using as example our planet’s most blessed gift for us: Me! whee ~ no, Nature!
So, let us start, shall we? 4laugh

gaia_angelleft Rule #1:Gold is just like a big tree. First, you must have the seed, then you must have a proper, fertile soil to plant it. And only then you’ll watch it grow. It might take a while, but it will grow, eventually. Unless you cut it. Then it won’t grow. But this is not the topic here. This can be synthesized into one short, but powerful sentence:

gaia_diamond To make money, you got to have money. gaia_diamond

This might look crazy, but this is how it is. Now you ask me: How?

gaia_star How do I get money to then make money?
In the beginning, you’ll have a little to none amount of gold. Well, this is where fun starts! Here, we have to make our first decision:

Do I want to spend real life money on gaiaonline?

gaia_crown If you don’t want and you want to be the very best, like no one ever was, let’s see what we can do for you in the next chapter:In the beginning, there was nothing

Magical Bunny

. gaia_angelleft In the beginning, there was nothing: The quest for the seed! . gaia_angelright

Gold is the seed for the tree of gold!
(oh you don't say ~)

When we start playing, we have little to none amount of gold to spend. And that clothes look awful after you go to a npc shop and see those shiny amazing people on the door. Don’t you dare to feel like trash. You’re just a newbie. Or maybe you’re lazy or whatever; just don’t cry. Forget the new clothes and the amazing avatar, we don’t need it now. Really, that pretty thing called “customize avatar” will suck your money into a black hole if you let it. But that is not the topic. Okay, proceeding to our guide:

gaia_star Our focus is on getting our initial amount of gold, what we must do is gather some “free” gold.

The amount of gold to start our journey to the tree will be named “CAT: Cute Amount of Treasure gaia_kittenstar

CAT is an imaginary amount of money, just the necessary money to proceed into the third chapter, that is the marketplace play. Once you feel you’re ready for the marketplace play, the amount you think is fine to start is enough. My tip is: never start the marketplace play without enough money for two of your first item. Don’t worry, you’ll understand this later. For now, let’s make our CAT!

gaia_gaiagold Simple ways to obtain free gold are:

gaia_angelleft Playing the minigames on the games tab;
gaia_angelleft Voting in the arenas and topic polls;
gaia_angelleft Posting in the forums;
gaia_angelleft The newbie fairy gives you some gold (3,000, if I recall it correctly) almost everyday for a month after you sign up
gaia_angelleft Playing zOMG. It's actually fun and gives money!
gaia_angelleft Participating in the events – some events give you amounts of gold, some give items… always participate!
gaia_angelleft Logging in daily – very important, because you’ll be tuned into gaia’s world, knowing about the upcoming events and stuff that happens
gaia_angelleft Having an aquarium and posting and browsing in Gaia Aquariums forum – The overseer always gives something to you daily, and the aquariums have a game called Booty Grab, that can give you some nice amounts of money if you play a lot in other people’s aquariums
gaia_angelleft Daily chance – this can give you little amounts of gold give you npc shop items, you can sell them back for the npc for half the value (haha it was free for you!!) or try your luck selling it for a little bit more (but never more than the npc price, dummy) at the market.

gaia_gaiagold Simple ways to lose gold are:

gaia_nitemareleft Losing money is a lot easier than earning.
gaia_nitemareleft Entering raffles you must pay something to have a chance to win. Seriously, don’t do that, especially on the beginning. It might look as a light at the end of a tunnel, but it’s a trap.
gaia_nitemareleft Betting on luck will make you poor if you don’t have a lot of money.
gaia_nitemareleft Buying stuff you don’t need. Especially npc shop items. Those items have a low value and you’ll never sell it back for the same price.

gaia_crown gaia_crown Little useful tips (maybe really important):
gaia_star Leave your avatar to be done AFTER you started gathering your money (you should seriously consider this tip)
gaia_star Don’t beg for money. It won’t work, and this will annoy people.

The seed might take some time to be gathered, but you’ll eventually have enough seeds to start planting! You’ll have the CAT, a nice amount of money to start your gaian business life! Now, that we got the seed, we should start planning our plantation on the next chapter: “The soft, fertile soil for the seed!”

Magical Bunny

. gaia_angelleft The soft, fertile soil for the seed! : Marketplace Initiation . gaia_angelright

Looking for the Promised Land to sow our newly obtained seeds, we find a magical, yet confusing land: The Mighty Marketplace. This place is where money turns into goods, and goods turn into happiness. You sell happiness. Remember that. No, just kidding, you sell normal goods. Yeah, pretty much it.

So, for your life at the marketplace work, you should have some basic knowledge of gaia most cool items – don’t worry, you’ll see hordes of wonderful items all of the time – Some research is the key – look at different styles of items, such as cute items, gothic items, anime items… By the time I started, there was a huge wave of gothic avatars, so those items were selling like water in a hot day. Remember that knowledge is the real richness.

gaia_gaiagold Browse the market place. This will give you a general notion of items and their values! Looking at what people are using and secretly wishing you had those items work ~ The best way to get rich is watching what the people who got rich did and do! Know your marketplace!

gaia_crown PRECIOUS TIP: If you like something, wishlist it.
Wishlist all you thought that was nice. Don’t need to be public or as wanted, just wishlist. Why? Because tomorrow you won’t remember the name of that nice item that had a ribbon on it. And when you go there search for ribbon… whoosh: 300 pagest of items with ribbons. Good luck finding it. If you wishlisted it would’ve been easier. You deserved that, dummy. Deal with it.

Okay, I found some nice items. Why are they so expensive? How do I know if an item will be well-sold? How much will be the price?

Well, I made myself a little “chart” to determine which the item will be a good thing or not, cheap or not. There are some factors which interfere in the future of the item. All of the factors depend one on another. You change one, the other ones change too. I consider these factors: Beauty, usefulness, exclusiveness and style-matching. Let me explain to you:

gaia_star Beauty – This factor is about the design of the item. Some items are dazzling, amazing and perfect!
gaia_star Usefulness – The item has a hat, a top, bottom, a scenery, a pet and a hairstyle inside? Wow!!
gaia_star Exclusiveness – The determined item is available only for a limit of time
gaia_star Style-matching – The color of this item would look great with my other items!!

So, let’s make some little examples using my interdependent factors to “determine” the price and sales:

-An exclusive item with low style matching and low beauty, but with thousands of usefulness should be relatively cheap. And not many people will want this, trust me. (Example: evolving items that have weird colors or themes)

-An easy to obtain item with beauty and style matching but low usefulness will sell well, but not for a high value. (Example: non-cash obtainable for some time nice item)

-An exclusive item, with beauty, style matching and high usefulness will be real expensive. Like lifetime of savings expensive.

Long story short: KNOW THE MARKETPLACE OTHERWISE NOTHING (K’MON is the abbreviation)

Knowing the marketplace, the soil for our seeds, and with the help of our little notion of prices and values, we are ready to sow the seeds! Let’s proceed to the next chapter! Let's sow our seeds in the next chapter: "Sow the seeds!"

Magical Bunny

gaia_angelleft Sow the seeds! : Marketplace Play . gaia_angelright

This is where the REAL ACTION starts! Where you grab your CAT and then K’MON, dance the marketplace dance, play the marketplace play!

gaia_star Basic Marketplace Play explained in one little example:

You see an item selling for and average of 100k, the lowest selling person is selling for 98k and the person after it is selling it for 110k. what should you do? Buy the 98k and resell for any value between 99 and 110k. this will give you a little profit! This is the marketplace dance! Buy low sell high! Be greedy and die poor!

gaia_crown How do you do this? K’MON! You know your market, you look at items, you find the chance, you do it – you profit! But this is not this simple. If no one wants to buy your item, and you don’t have enough money to buy another item and sell, you’ll depend on selling that first item to keep on profiting. That is why you should have money to buy at least two of that item to start doing the dance. Or this might take a long time, trust me. Always have money kept with you. You decide the amount. It’s for emergencies, like if you can’t sell the item you bought, if suddenly your item is being sold in a cheap bundle, what makes the price go down (market waves are going to be discussed in a later chapter), little annoying problems like that. Being cautious is a virtue for being successful in the business life. Always have a plan B!

Use your brain and K’MON! Once you sowed the seed, in your first item, you’re ready to repeat it with other items, until you got a considerable amount. Then you can start buying and selling higher value items and making more profit.

gaia_diamond Example:

Using as example, the 100k item bought by 98k was sold for 108k. that was a 10k profit for me, right? Cool.
Now, if I buy a *very abstract value* monthly collectible for 1 million. And then, after it’s not sold anymore and the first wave (we’ll see this later too) is gone, its price goes to 3 million. That’s a 2 million profit, which you can use to buy more of the lower value items for the marketplace play!

gaia_kittenstar What? Why would a 1 million item turn into a 3 million item? What is a wave?
Dummy, let me finish writing, would you? This will be explained in the next chapter: “The seed was sowed, tree starts growing!”

Magical Bunny

gaia_angelleft The seed was sowed, tree starts growing! :A brief explanation of marketplace fluctuations! gaia_angelright

gaia_star So, you understood the concept of the marketplace play, but you want better profits than just the basics. You want more! You want to deal with higher values! You want to build an empire!
So you need to know that the marketplace is not only the dreamy place we are talking about. It is also a deep sea of variables. All the possible factors interfere in your sales: promotions, your mood, the buyer’s mood, period of the month (for credit card users and also for women problems), etc. This makes the marketplace confusing waters, with lots of fluctuations, that I call “waves” here.
The waves are literally “what everyone is doing”.

Here is an example so this will be clearer:

gaia_star A monthly collectible is announced. Cash users buy it and then sell it. Everyone is selling it now; it’s the first wave of that item! It will be either very cheap or very expensive; waves are difficult to be determined before they happen. Got it? The first wave is a risky market – It has a lot of movement in it, but you never know if it will work the way you want – I don’t really like the first wave, unless it’s a real cheap wave. Then I buy it to sell at the third wave! Haha! biggrin

gaia_kittenstar When the first wave ends, it’s when the item stops being sold at the cash shop. After some days is the time the second wave starts. The item has a little bit higher value because it’s not sold anymore, but this value is still not the “permanent” value of that item. The second wave is long, and it might take a lot of time for the item to reach the price that will be its average price.

gaia_diamond The third and longest wave is where the price “stabilizes”. This can take a month, two, maybe more. It’s the ideal moment to sell it if you don’t want to wait more. Simply that.

gaia_crown And then, the Final Wave! The final wave is the perfect wave you find once in a lifetime! The utopia! ~ After some years, the item will no longer be available for real, like, the ones who have it are not selling it, for any reason, be it quitting, be it not playing much anymore, anything! Then the price will go a lot higher!! It will be a rare item! And if it has a nice “chart” (the previous one) value, it will be real expensive. Congratulations, you won in life! No, you didn’t, the price doesn’t go THAT high. It’s higher, but not like 2,147,483,647. That is very, very rare smile smile

Okay, about the free event items now. The key is keep them. And wait the third wave, because those items, especially the free log in items, have a real low value. No one wants to buy your trash. Especially by the time that absolutely everyone has it. Maybe at the third wave it will have a decent, but still low, value. Good luck with that.

Your tree can be as high as your dreams! Never give up!

heart

So, guys, this is pretty much all that my knowledge allows me to explain 3nodding Don’t take this so seriously: this is not EXACTLY how the market works – Hope I was of any help to you! Remember this can take some time, so don’t give up! And if CAT and K’MON are too slow for you, use a credit card – works as a charm.

Thank you for reading!
heart heart heart

Magical Bunny

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond Oh! And another useful tip:
gaia_star Always be Kind and Polite! Polite is the new sexy! gaia_star
And was the old sexy and will always be!

Magical Bunny

So! The prices suddenly jumped from millions to billions and from billions to trillions. So the marketplace play is the part of this guide that you should consider!

Angelic Senshi

Thanks for the tips <3
thank you for the knowledge. :3

Wheezing Gaian

2,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
Thank you!

Romantic Shapeshifter

15,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The best way to make money is TOWNS.
gaia_gaiagold In about 30MINS i earned 570,350 gaia gold.
I didnt even sell my bugs. Im saving the bugs for ink which sells for a lot.
So you can make about
gaia_gaiagold 1,140,720gg in 1HOUR
and depending on how much time you have, take me for example,
i have about 6hours a day to be on here so i could make around
gaia_gaiagold 6,844,320gg A DAY.
I can get on 6 days a week so
gaia_gaiagold in 1WEEK i can earn 41,065,920gg
**PLUS MORE FOR MORE TIME ON WEEKENDS**

deadflie's Husband

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
XXDanaGirlXX
The best way to make money is TOWNS.
gaia_gaiagold In about 30MINS i earned 570,350 gaia gold.
I didnt even sell my bugs. Im saving the bugs for ink which sells for a lot.
So you can make about
gaia_gaiagold 1,140,720gg in 1HOUR
and depending on how much time you have, take me for example,
i have about 6hours a day to be on here so i could make around
gaia_gaiagold 6,844,320gg A DAY.
I can get on 6 days a week so
gaia_gaiagold in 1WEEK i can earn 41,065,920gg
**PLUS MORE FOR MORE TIME ON WEEKENDS**
Going in towns during the night/evening cycles is really good because you can get blue carnations and the crumpled newspapers~ those sell pretty high

Anxious Hero

Bookmarking this, I'm going to use this to get my goal of 2bil gold. Thank for the tips. Have some tuna as some thanks yum_tuna XD

Magical Bunny

Little bump! This thread is special heart

Sparkly Man-Lover

User Image

This was a nice little review for me, after being gone for years. Thank ya. smile

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces