Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Regular

Wow. So if you're reading this that means you suffered the same thing I did. But at that time I was freaking out thinking I had compromised my PC because of my "dirty deeds."

Fret not Gaians, for you shan't be slapped on the wrists for looking at noodies online.

Turns out there's an ad on Gaia that's causing the problem. This has apparently happened before, and unless you get Adblock for your browsers it's going to constantly happen.

How does this manage to get on Gaia? Simple, apparently it's quite easy to worm into legitimate ads and fill them with phising scams, like what you're getting with the Adobe issue.

Of course this person seems to have gone a bit farther and gives you the option of downloading said "fake" update and allowing him to fiddle around with your PC data :3 . If you close the box you're instead brought to a site which has malware YIKES! But luckily if you have an Anti Virus program like norton 360, you should be alright.

So my experience? Ran a Norton 360 Scan, Malwarebytes scan, TDSSKiller Scan, RKill, Hitman Pro, RogueKiller, Adaware, CCleaner. Even tried Sophos and Advast because nothing was picking up malware or a if a virus came through. Checked my installed files, went through folders to see if it silently installed in, came up with nothing.

Which means : there's nothing there.

I can browse any other site and have nothing happen. It's whenever I get on Gaia it hits.

My advice, until Gaia releases an announcement stating they've indeed been Ad hacked, put on the blockers. I usually have mine down since the Youtubers I like take in revenue from the videos and ads I see on their vids.

I hope this helps. So far, nothing has popped up for me.

Kweon's Senpai

Lonely Spirit

14,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Had that too. -.- had to get some tech guys on it. photobucket no longer thesame but had hitman and windows defender. had everything i could removed, changed a few stuff because there was also something stealing my security data.

Ruthless Bunny

I can't even log on to gaia if I put up my ad blocker.....

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Benihime_Uchiha

Then I wonder which Adblocker you are trying to install. I have Adblocker (not Plus) and I can get on Gaia just fine.

Ruthless Bunny

xSahri
Benihime_Uchiha

Then I wonder which Adblocker you are trying to install. I have Adblocker (not Plus) and I can get on Gaia just fine.

Well I'm primarily on gaia with my iPad, so it's the default ad blocker.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Benihime_Uchiha
xSahri
Benihime_Uchiha

Well I'm primarily on gaia with my iPad, so it's the default ad blocker.

Ahh, that may explain it. You could set up the adblocker to be less strict with first party stuff but block all 3rd party ads... if that's possible cat_sweatdrop
4laugh ninja cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces