Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25620140688634 25.6% [ 1384 ]
Yes 0.53165494261385 53.2% [ 2872 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013143280266568 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13069233617179 13.1% [ 706 ]
Blue Bass 0.058311736393928 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.0099962976675305 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5402 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 431 432 433 > >> >>> »|

novarren

the time of day thing isn't isolated to gaia fishing. the entire site's time determination has been odd.

I don't think it is odd. Gaia's time goes through 2 days in 24 hours. Every regular hour is 2 gaian hours. So 30 seconds in real life is 1 minute in gaia time.
PurplePimpJuice
novarren

the time of day thing isn't isolated to gaia fishing. the entire site's time determination has been odd.

I don't think it is odd. Gaia's time goes through 2 days in 24 hours. Every regular hour is 2 gaian hours. So 30 seconds in real life is 1 minute in gaia time.

this is why i can walk out shopping in durem at 12:49pm pacific time and have it be broad daylight and gaia time be 3:52pm, then refresh the screen and have it be night and 1:38am. wink

that's what i mean by "odd". the two-days-in-one thing i got used to a long time ago.
Hannicap
hjhfgh;lxdkhgkjfhgdjpktljhdkhgsdgjfafda gaia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice choice of words. 3nodding

nova: I had that strange thing last night, I was fishing and I finished a bucket, and then it changed from Day-Night, finished another bucket, Night-Day.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

PurplePimpJuice
Well, I have a question about the bait degredation. I used to think that your first bag of F would work as A, the second as D and the third as F, Same with D except A,D,F. You pointed out that the first 5 work as A and D and then F after that and then resets. I am wondering when it resets. Does each bait reset individually? Do they all reset at midnight by Gaia's clock or does it go by the first/last time you used it? I am quite curious because there have been days were I used D and A bait at Durem late at night and then I got up early in the morning and used F at Bass'ken and got nothing but junk.

It is 12 hours from the last time you fished. I take it from the time I finished the bucket and exited the game to be safe, then tack on a few min... Not that I really ever have time to let it reset, but when I do, that is how I do it 3nodding
Gaidin
PurplePimpJuice
Well, I have a question about the bait degredation. I used to think that your first bag of F would work as A, the second as D and the third as F, Same with D except A,D,F. You pointed out that the first 5 work as A and D and then F after that and then resets. I am wondering when it resets. Does each bait reset individually? Do they all reset at midnight by Gaia's clock or does it go by the first/last time you used it? I am quite curious because there have been days were I used D and A bait at Durem late at night and then I got up early in the morning and used F at Bass'ken and got nothing but junk.

It is 12 hours from the last time you fished. I take it from the time I finished the bucket and exited the game to be safe, then tack on a few min... Not that I really ever have time to let it reset, but when I do, that is how I do it 3nodding

Ok. The answer did not make me happy, but I have an answer. I also heard on the grapevine that rares move like junk and it's not best to filter at Durem if you are hoping for a rare. Is this true? If so, Is it true for Bass'ken and the Port?

-Please be honest. Even if it is a secret I would really like to know the honest truth.
By the way, Congratulations for being on the top 5 at bass'ken. Not a big deal to you of course, but for someone who can't get herself even on the bottom of the board, I am happy for you.
novarren
PurplePimpJuice
novarren

this is why i can walk out shopping in durem at 12:49pm pacific time and have it be broad daylight and gaia time be 3:52pm, then refresh the screen and have it be night and 1:38am. wink

that's what i mean by "odd". the two-days-in-one thing i got used to a long time ago.

I have that problem. I guess it's a glitch. It really bothers me though.
PurplePimpJuice

Ok. The answer did not make me happy, but I have an answer. I also heard on the grapevine that rares move like junk and it's not best to filter at Durem if you are hoping for a rare. Is this true? If so, Is it true for Bass'ken and the Port?

-Please be honest. Even if it is a secret I would really like to know the honest truth.

I've heard that Durem rares act like junk, Gambino act like trout, and Bass'ken rares act like fast stripers. That's from Meaty, who's one of the more knowledgable regulars.
jack_kant
PurplePimpJuice

I've heard that Durem rares act like junk, Gambino act like trout, and Bass'ken rares act like fast stripers. That's from Meaty, who's one of the more knowledgable regulars.

I'm a bit unsure on the Durem rares though.
According to Knight though, catching a Bass'ken rare is "like catching a tuna in Bass'ken".
Freshmeat
jack_kant
PurplePimpJuice

I'm a bit unsure on the Durem rares though.
According to Knight though, catching a Bass'ken rare is "like catching a tuna in Bass'ken".

That helps. I can go back to filtering at Bass'ken, I suppose. It was killing me knowing all those Stripers were out there waiting to be caught and I'm stuck with half a bucket of junk.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

PurplePimpJuice

Why wouldn't I be honest with you? The only thing I won't spill is a compilation of my competition "secrets", simply because it would take to long to tell...

And yes, according to Holy_Knight57, the Bass'ken rares move very fast, making them unmistakeable.

The Gambino rares are another story... Don't filter out anything but junk and Green Seedkin if you want those... Well, you could filter out Tuna, but I don't think you want to do that wink

Durem rares... From what I understand from seeing snipits of code and hearing and such, the rares there move like how Boldurs do now, which was what junk was like before. I have never caught one, nor talked in depth with someone who has, but that is what I can give you based on the info I do have.

And thanks on the congrats... I actually will probably be in 1st for awhile before I move on to Gambino... Overall is my goal this month...
Nice informative thread, thanks! biggrin
Gaidin

Why wouldn't I be honest with you? The only thing I won't spill is a compilation of my competition "secrets", simply because it would take to long to tell...

And yes, according to Holy_Knight57, the Bass'ken rares move very fast, making them unmistakeable.

The Gambino rares are another story... Don't filter out anything but junk and Green Seedkin if you want those... Well, you could filter out Tuna, but I don't think you want to do that wink

Durem rares... From what I understand from seeing snipits of code and hearing and such, the rares there move like how Boldurs do now, which was what junk was like before. I have never caught one, nor talked in depth with someone who has, but that is what I can give you based on the info I do have.

And thanks on the congrats... I actually will probably be in 1st for awhile before I move on to Gambino... Overall is my goal this month...

I liked the idea of it moving like trash, but I guess Boldur is better. I can filter there now and I know a Boldur's pattern so that should be simple. I wouldn't mind having your competition secrets... I kid. I wouldn't take that from you. The honest thing.... I just didn't want people telling me the wrong thing for who knows why. Some people are greedy(Maybe not you but others). -.- I am actually hoping for Emeraldback Lions. I'm too poor to buy them so I figured I would wish, hope and do the best I can to catch them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff