Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
I defy two of my professors to make me not use my laptop for notes, in the one classroom where I have two classes, there is an outlet under every single seat

As long as you are not distracting others with your laptop it should be fine. I had someone claim he was taking notes but he was watching videos and it distracted me horribly. I hated it on days he had his laptop.

so far there have been no complaints from any of my professors. plus with some assignments i'm gonna have to be working on those just as class starts anyway

I know how that goes. I would run to my next class so I had more minutes for homework.
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
I defy two of my professors to make me not use my laptop for notes, in the one classroom where I have two classes, there is an outlet under every single seat

As long as you are not distracting others with your laptop it should be fine. I had someone claim he was taking notes but he was watching videos and it distracted me horribly. I hated it on days he had his laptop.

so far there have been no complaints from any of my professors. plus with some assignments i'm gonna have to be working on those just as class starts anyway

I know how that goes. I would run to my next class so I had more minutes for homework.

I also needed to read the next chapter for class, but we always go over it during class anyway, and frankly I can follow with it pretty easily

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

I also needed to read the next chapter for class, but we always go over it during class anyway, and frankly I can follow with it pretty easily

You are brave. I would never do that. I either did the reading before class or went into a panic attack. However I was not lucky enough to have teachers who always went over the chapters.
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

You are brave. I would never do that. I either did the reading before class or went into a panic attack. However I was not lucky enough to have teachers who always went over the chapters.

well for this class, reading prepares for the discussion of the chapter, so that is probably why I can follow it so easily. 3nodding

but there is one student who has an annoying sense of naivety to the subject material, i'm hoping she honestly just stays quiet and tries to pay attention. its because of her we wasted 15 minutes in class last week trying to explain bi-sexuality in men(she understood it in woman though, just not men)

and she's real "soap-boxy" when it comes to her opinions.(gotta start heading out now, might respond later)

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty

well for this class, reading prepares for the discussion of the chapter, so that is probably why I can follow it so easily. 3nodding

but there is one student who has an annoying sense of naivety to the subject material, i'm hoping she honestly just stays quiet and tries to pay attention. its because of her we wasted 15 minutes in class last week trying to explain bi-sexuality in men(she understood it in woman though, just not men)

and she's real "soap-boxy" when it comes to her opinions.(gotta start heading out now, might respond later)

How big are your class sizes?

I went to a college with small classes 8 to 12 students in them and even then always someone who did not get it. Even me at times, I always had to ask questions on things at some point in the class.

As for the opinions that is always frustrating. However I want to know why the teacher lets her go and on with her opinions on things if it sucks up class time.
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

How big are your class sizes?

I went to a college with small classes 8 to 12 students in them and even then always someone who did not get it. Even me at times, I always had to ask questions on things at some point in the class.

As for the opinions that is always frustrating. However I want to know why the teacher lets her go and on with her opinions on things if it sucks up class time.

well its a contemporary social issues course, class discussion is a constant, plus she opened up some different concepts as to why a person can't understand something even if it is explained to them. like the prof. mentioned some cults in America's history, where they practically shut themselves off from the outside world, and when asked what homosexuality is, the people just couldn't get it. plus, like I said, she very "soap boxy" with her opinions, she had to make it crystal clear what she thought about it and that she knew that everyone else knew what her thoughts were

and WOW, the heat and humidity is real today, i'm sweating just sitting in my chair. crying

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty

well its a contemporary social issues course, class discussion is a constant, plus she opened up some different concepts as to why a person can't understand something even if it is explained to them. like the prof. mentioned some cults in America's history, where they practically shut themselves off from the outside world, and when asked what homosexuality is, the people just couldn't get it. plus, like I said, she very "soap boxy" with her opinions, she had to make it crystal clear what she thought about it and that she knew that everyone else knew what her thoughts were

and WOW, the heat and humidity is real today, i'm sweating just sitting in my chair. crying

The teacher should cut her off when she starts that. Not right to let class time be taken up with that. As for not understanding everyone gets it at different speeds.

It has cooled off here, fall is totally in the air. smile
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

The teacher should cut her off when she starts that. Not right to let class time be taken up with that. As for not understanding everyone gets it at different speeds.

It has cooled off here, fall is totally in the air. smile

I can't wait for fall, i'm tired of the heat, just keep pumpkin spice anything away from me. xp

and the prof did indeed try to cut her off by mentioning the cults to move onto other stuff. 3nodding

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty

I can't wait for fall, i'm tired of the heat, just keep pumpkin spice anything away from me. xp

and the prof did indeed try to cut her off by mentioning the cults to move onto other stuff. 3nodding

I like apple cider. The pumpkin spice thing gets old fast.

Professor just needs to make her be quiet or leave the classroom.
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

yeah I guess overall, sometimes you gotta tell someone to clam up.

and I LOVE, autumn harvest cider from ziegers.. heart emotion_kirakira

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

I wanted some cider this morning but we are out. I am so excited for Fall to start tomorrow. The hills are already changing colors around here. It is so pretty.
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty
MissDotHacker
sgt.Frosty

I wanted some cider this morning but we are out. I am so excited for Fall to start tomorrow. The hills are already changing colors around here. It is so pretty.

my university is in a valley, so i'm gonna have a really good view of all the tree's changing colors. 3nodding

Rainbow Sweetheart

sgt.Frosty

my university is in a valley, so i'm gonna have a really good view of all the tree's changing colors. 3nodding

I wish I could see the trees changing from my job. I can from my house though. I live in a valley as well.

Dangerous Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Putting up my Autumn decorations (albeit slowly). Still not ready to let go of summer, and it's pretty nice out here, still (mid 60s, mostly sunny).
HardLinesAndKevlar
Putting up my Autumn decorations (albeit slowly). Still not ready to let go of summer, and it's pretty nice out here, still (mid 60s, mostly sunny).

i'm not big on putting up too many decorations, everyone here is too lazy to take them down in a timely manner when we need to. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff