big pokemon day Saturday so I will most likely be tv less

Cute Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

User ImageUser Image
Hey guys, how's it going? I haven't got to talk to anyone much since I started working. I even have to do mandatory overtime tomorrow so I don't have a full weekend to rest. @_@ I still love this job so much.

So tell me what's everyone up to?

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

MsGrimm

Where are you working?

~ User Image ~

Cute Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Princess Pandamonium
MsGrimm

Where are you working?

~ User Image ~
User Image

User ImageUser Image

I work at a 2nd party call center, selling century link and bundling them with direct tv and verizon wireless. we handle several west coast states. I'm doing fairly good on my sales for only being on the floor for since last Tuesday. My manager is really nice and told me he sees potential in me. He will see how he can help me improve from where I am to make my check in the $1000+range after tax. I'm so glad im not slaving away at ******** walmart anymore. -_- screw that place.

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

MsGrimm

I worked at Walmart. I hated it so much. I was losing money to work there because I couldn't get a decent sitter that lived in my area for the hours I worked and they wouldn't give me a day shift. Then they tried to fire me because I was out 3 days in 6 months. One of those days my doctor ordered me to stay home because I was so sick I was losing weight and I was pregnant.

Walmart...worst job ever.

~ User Image ~

Cute Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Princess Pandamonium
MsGrimm

I worked at Walmart. I hated it so much. I was losing money to work there because I couldn't get a decent sitter that lived in my area for the hours I worked and they wouldn't give me a day shift. Then they tried to fire me because I was out 3 days in 6 months. One of those days my doctor ordered me to stay home because I was so sick I was losing weight and I was pregnant.

Walmart...worst job ever.

~ User Image ~
User Image

User ImageUser Image

They did fire me the day before I planned on quitting. It was also just a couple days of 3rd month. I was at a neighborhood market. I ran the deli but 'had bakery training'. bullshit i went in one day, then they had me doing just deli for 2 and a half weeks then scheduled me to come in by myself to open the bakery. Yeah I totally remember all the s**t i did at 5am over two weeks prior -_- They barely had an excuse when they terminated me anyways: underproduction of sandwiches -_-* I hope that store burns to the ground only after a tornado wrecks it.

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

So I was promised a raise after the October season ends. I have to deal with all the required overtime and weekend work and just trust on good faith they'll keep their promise. But I do know they won't give me nearly as much as I want. And during the meeting yesterday, my manager and boss and an HR guy were in there, but so was another boss. That last boss comes in once a week in non-October months. I've never worked with or spoken to him. And he was the one interrogating and berating me about complaining about the extra hours. "I've only been home 12 hours this week and I have kids and a family at home". Okay dude. You also don't ever come in off-season. I don't even know what you do. And actually, that's my exact point. You're making at least twice as much as I do, so you're more reasonably compensated for those extra hours. And you should come in because you're never in otherwise. The rest of us aren't allowed to work from home so why does he get special treatment? So that plus the fact he was the only one giving me crap really pissed me off. I would so gladly quit right now and I would feel so good, but some people convinced me to stick it out so I will, but I won't enjoy it and I won't go in faking a smile every day. I won't be miserable to them, but I'm not going to pretend to be all bubbly either. This is stupid.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

MsGrimm

Which is why I only shop there if there is absolutely no way I can get what I'm after somewhere else. That's happened before, but I live in a rather small town.

@Spazz - That's BS. =/

~ User Image ~

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
So I was promised a raise after the October season ends. I have to deal with all the required overtime and weekend work and just trust on good faith they'll keep their promise. But I do know they won't give me nearly as much as I want. And during the meeting yesterday, my manager and boss and an HR guy were in there, but so was another boss. That last boss comes in once a week in non-October months. I've never worked with or spoken to him. And he was the one interrogating and berating me about complaining about the extra hours. "I've only been home 12 hours this week and I have kids and a family at home". Okay dude. You also don't ever come in off-season. I don't even know what you do. And actually, that's my exact point. You're making at least twice as much as I do, so you're more reasonably compensated for those extra hours. And you should come in because you're never in otherwise. The rest of us aren't allowed to work from home so why does he get special treatment? So that plus the fact he was the only one giving me crap really pissed me off. I would so gladly quit right now and I would feel so good, but some people convinced me to stick it out so I will, but I won't enjoy it and I won't go in faking a smile every day. I won't be miserable to them, but I'm not going to pretend to be all bubbly either. This is stupid.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The other person is probably your district manager, or the equivalent (doesn't know how non-retail chain of command goes) or higher. That might be why you don't see him, if he has other locations to check up on. But still, that's not cool of him to go off on you.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
...I missed my train home yesterday and it made me late for work...I had to call my dad and ask him to pick me up... redface

Spoopy Elder

Kiwiangel9
The other person is probably your district manager, or the equivalent (doesn't know how non-retail chain of command goes) or higher. That might be why you don't see him, if he has other locations to check up on. But still, that's not cool of him to go off on you.

No, that's not true at all. We're an online company with only one location. We don't have districts. We're not a chain. Our warehouse is on sight. There's literally no other place for him to report to. He stays at home all week and doesn't ever come in. He used to be everyone's manager but his lack of being here to answer questions became such a problem that they shifted someone else into the manager position. The weird part is that he got a promotion out of it. So the order is, my manager, the crappy guy, everyone's boss, and then the CEO. I wouldn't complain about someone so adamantly if I didn't know the full story.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
so the guy just stopped going in for work and actually got a promotion? ok

Spoopy Elder

SheThoughtSheDid
so the guy just stopped going in for work and actually got a promotion? ok

"But he lives in the cities omg that's such a long drive!!1!"
That's the excuse people give.
He's not the only one making that drive though and others do manage to come in. I guess whatever he does is important? But it sure doesn't help impact anything I'm doing.
My manager is buddies with him so I can't even complain.

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

Yeah, that boss is a real piece of work.

~ User Image ~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces