brown 0.020134228187919 2.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 1341 ]

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

I thought I was prepared for this wedding tomorrow, but supposedly the weather is gonna be crappy and cold, and the dress I'm wearing is sleeveless so I need to find a sweater of some sort.
Ugh.
emotion_facepalm

On the plus side, I'm super excited because of the gold jewelry I bought yesterday for tomorrow. It's all so prettyfuls~
I just need to figure out what I'm doing with my hair since I had to cancel my hair appointment earlier this week due to feeling sick.
I haven't felt this girly since getting ready for my senior prom 5 years ago.
xD

User Image
User Image

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
so my mom was being racist with my grandma like always and i just went and was like "can we stop the racism?" and she got pissed and was all like oh now i cant say what i want in my own house? and started complaining but at least she stopped i guess

but yeah it bothers me that she just talks like that about other races and ethnicities and homosexuals and just people in general really

Hygienic Genius

SheThoughtSheDid

My family does that sometimes, but it's really a generational thing in my opinion. Racial issues were very prevalent back then. Doesn't justify the talk, but at least there's a reason.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

My friend got us bridesmaid's the most beautiful kimonos as gifts tonight. I just wanna wear mine all the time forever.
Gabe got a super detailed, really awesome Brook (from One Piece) figure that we're pretty sure our friends spent a ton of money on. Like... now we need to one-up them with gifts next year since they're in our wedding, too.

Anywho...
My family can also be like that sometimes, but I know that they aren't downright racist (and not just because I've been with a white guy for like... ever and they don't care) but they sometimes say things and I'm like "Okay, that's a bit messed up." Or I'll say "Yeah, but not all of [insert whatever race here] are like that."
It's at least never gotten to the point of it sounding like absolute hate for another race or whatever. If it did get to that point, I'd most likely say something.

User Image
User Image

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
@ Sega I am sorry :/ My house is sorta the same way. you can't talk much and any opinion against my mother is like setting hell on someone. And don't bring up supporting gay rights. Gah its ust gah. I feel bad for my little brother when he is older.

Magical Shoujo

Have a great wedding, Renia!

@Sega: It sucks that there are still people like that. You can't really blame them since that's what they grew up around. You can try to educate them but some people just can't change. The younger generation seems to be improving with racism and equality at least.
I mean my mom is getting better because of what my brother says to her about that stuff and that's really good.

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

I haven't really experienced it but I've heard that Chris's grandma is sometimes racist.

Off topic, we were gonna go to the renaissance fair tomorrow but I think the traffic turned us off. :c
Also we now have to stop at Chris's grandma's so he can fix her computer.
AND Chris got a cold sore today and we shared food and I'd better not get it too. :c
&&& after getting the wedding present from my new parent in laws, I'm caving and getting the Zelda themed Wii U with Wind Waker.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Oh, that reminds me...
The wedding tomorrow? It's Legend of Zelda themed.
It's seriously the most beautiful thing too, because my friend (the bride) got into the games because of her dad (who passed away when she was still young), so this wedding is in memory of him.
I was looking over the program for tomorrow, and she wrote a letter to him that's printed on the back of the program and I was in tears. I just... tomorrow I'm gonna be bawling like a baby.
;n;

I also want to see if my friends would want to go hear the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra do music from the Zelda series. I was considering just getting tickets as part of the wedding gift from me and Gabe. I think that would be awesome, and I have a feeling that tickets should be on sale soon. I wanted to go a few years ago, but we never got around to it.

Back on topic though...
I have to give our generation credit for being more tolerant of people who are considered "different", whether that be in sexuality, race, whatever.
As someone of color, I honestly can't imagine what it would've been like to grow up in the early 1900s.
I'm very thankful that, even though we are far from everyone being treated equally, we're still doing better than they did 50 and 60 years ago.

A few times while being down in West Virginia, I got to know what it was like for someone to dislike me purely because of my skin color. I remember this guy at Walmart throwing out the "you people" term at me because I had accidentally bumped into his shopping cart. Before I could apologize, he just went off on a whole rant and I had to walk away to keep from blowing up at him.
Honestly though, I always ran into problems like that at Walmart when I lived down there. I mean, West Virginia was already a terrible place, but Walmart was like the gathering of all the worst people.
I got teased by a few people in high school because I "sounded white" and "wanted to be white" because I wasn't dating someone black. It got old really quick though, and didn't get a rise out of me, so they eventually stopped saying anything.

I wish we could all see the world like Stephen Colbert: there are only friends and Americans.
rofl

I just realized I went into a whole thing so yeah, no one really has to read that.
xD

User Image
User Image

Spoopy Elder

That sounds really sweet! I think tickets would be a great idea! I got the anniversary soundtrack with Skyward Sword and it sounds so great. D:

And yeah... People just suck.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Oh I bet it does!
I still need to play Skyward Sword. I never got around to that, but I will eventually.

People are the worst.

I said I was going to bed an hour ago and I'm still awake. What even...

User Image
User Image

Benevolent Fairy

12,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I think a lot of what drives that unwillingness to change is pure pride. Like, they get defensive bc they know what they're saying isn't right. But, changing their attitude would mean admitting they were doing something wrong in the first place and they don't want to do that. So, they just keep spouting the same toxic nonsense and flip out when anyone is brave enough say something.

There's a reason people like that usually only bring out the racist/homophobic commentary once they feel like they're in like-minded company (or just people who aren't going to speak up). I mean, if they were really so sure they were in the right they wouldn't be so afraid of being called out on their s**t. Getting angry is their way of sticking their fingers in their ears so they don't have to actually examine their own actions.

I honestly think anyone can change. But, for a lot of people unless the reward for doing the right thing outweighs the risk of being ostracized by aforementioned like-minded company (their family, their friends, or even their entire community) they just won't do it.

It's like if you drew a line in the sand and had people choose which side to stand on. It doesn't matter what you label either side or how you ask them to divide themselves, the majority of people are just going to go to whichever side the people they care about are on. They can jump the line whenever they feel like it. But, unless you put something on the opposite side that they want they're not going to budge from the comfortable safe side where all the people they know and respect are.

Spoopy Elder

^
Yes. :c

Also I didn't like Skyward Sword very much.
It was really repetitive and kind of fetch questy.

Annnnd I'm gonna go to bed finally I think.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Well said, Fairy.
*claps*

I'm off to bed as well.
Tomorrow is gonna be a loooooong day.

User Image
User Image

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

SheThoughtSheDid
so my mom was being racist with my grandma like always and i just went and was like "can we stop the racism?" and she got pissed and was all like oh now i cant say what i want in my own house? and started complaining but at least she stopped i guess

but yeah it bothers me that she just talks like that about other races and ethnicities and homosexuals and just people in general really

My inlaws and my mom's family have said some very racist things. Some of it is they don't seem to realize it's wrong to say. I live in an area where until recently I very rarely saw any people of color. If I saw a black person it was normally my dad.

So, I'm sure that plays a part in it. I definitely call them on it when they say it. It doesn't make me very popular, but that's okay. cat_rofl

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
I haven't really experienced it but I've heard that Chris's grandma is sometimes racist.

Off topic, we were gonna go to the renaissance fair tomorrow but I think the traffic turned us off. :c
Also we now have to stop at Chris's grandma's so he can fix her computer.
AND Chris got a cold sore today and we shared food and I'd better not get it too. :c
&&& after getting the wedding present from my new parent in laws, I'm caving and getting the Zelda themed Wii U with Wind Waker.

My baby brother just got it. xD He had gotten a Wii U for his b-day but something went wrong so we took it back to game stop and the only Wii U they had in stalk was that. So for me its like reliving childhood because I had Wind Waker for game cube growing up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff