Paul-19

Well, bring a friend with you to celebrate that friend's life! ^_^

Golden Admirer

Nariana
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-

I didn't think it was so bad. D:

QT2

Pictures!! >.<

Also, sounds like you got the biggest treat. Hur hur.

Also also, I'm free as of now from 11-12:30 Central if that's enough time to stream anything.

i have a fairy by my side

D'awww, that's too cute! xD

Miss-dark8607

Midterms this late?? That suuucks...

And finally... Dark elves won by a landslide! emotion_dowant

No pictures...
and I've been busy all day so I JUST got on the computer.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Nariana

User Image

Nah, he isn't that bad.
I just need to watch him when he cooks. He's very forgetful.
xD

The funniest thing was when we cooked dinner together a few weeks ago. He was in charge of making the rice, so I let him do that while I made the chili. About 20 minutes later, I look over at the pot with the rice in it and it looked the same as it did the last time I had looked. Gabe was washing dishes at this point, so I just went over and poked him, then pointed to the pot. Turns out he hadn't even turned the heat on.
emotion_facepalm

User Image
User Image

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

I'm not a fan of Thanksgiving/Christmas. :c
For Thanksgiving we'd always have lunch at my aunt's and then rush an hour back home for dinner with my other aunt only to find they'd eaten without us.
And for Christmas, we'd spend the day before at my aunt's, day of at home, then drive 3 hours for the day after at my grandparent's.
It's always just us rushing from my mom's side to my dad's side to visit everyone and it's stressful.
I skipped Thanksviging and Christmas two years ago [I was in Japan] and Christmas last year [I moved to MN].
I don't plan on going home for the holidays this year either.
Even if they offer to pay for the flight, I'll just ask for the equivalent in cash for help with student loans [but I'm expecting they won't offer since holiday flights are more expensive].
With Chris's family we just meet at his house, and don't have to go anywhere.
Though we are 2 hours away from them now too... but at least it's just a day trip.
Visits to my grandmother's last a few days and involve sleeping on an air mattress in the musty basement, or on a tiny couch.
/explanationUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

I can paint my faceand stand very very still

Only my family really celebrates Turkey Day, but I normally cook a dinner just for my immediate family. I prefer my major holidays to be drama llama free.

Also, my MIL does Christmas on Christmas Eve. That way we can go spend Christmas with the other side of the family. I visit my inlaws on Christmas Eve and then my grandma on Christmas. It's much easier that way. My MIL tends to do things not on the actual day of the holiday because she is a CNA and sometimes has to work holidays. It's easier for everyone all around.

It's not very practical, but it still pays the bills

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Last Christmas was my first Christmas away from my family and it was kinda weird. We went to Gabe's aunt and uncle's house in Virginia and stayed there for a little over a week. His cousin was in college in Georgia at the time, so we ended up celebrating Christmas a few days after Christmas since he didn't arrive until the 27th. It was nice, though. I wasn't expecting presents to open or anything, but we ended up getting some nice stuff.

This year will most likely be spent with my family. Gabe's mom wants to spend Christmas in Florida with her mother and step-father, but Gabe is like "Yeah... we don't have the money to go that far." So we discussed just staying with my grandparents and spending that time with my family.

I'm still not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving. I'll probably have dinner with my family and Gabe can have dinner with his. He was thinking of inviting our roommate up for that and I've decided that if he does come with us, then I want to be as far away from him as possible.

User Image
User Image

Hygienic Genius

Rainbowrific Renia

... rofl
That's just too much. xDDD

@ All you guys: Your families are doing the most. Dx Seriously! I go to my grandma's house, ten minutes away, and we eat dinner there and spend the day with her. Done deal.

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

@Renia - all the visiting is what happens when your family is so close together.

@Nariana - I always contribute at least something. My MIL normally asks that everyone bring a dish. She had a chicken theme one year. I try to bring something that can be the only thing I eat if need be. Their cooking tends to make me sick and/or just is outright disgusting.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
We usually don't do anything special. A few years ago we would go to my mom's friend's house to eat with them and their parents, so just a bunch of old people. One time I went with a friend to another friend's house. but other than those like 3 occasions we usually do nothing, sometimes we dont even buy any special food

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

I love holidays. I use it to get extra creative with food.

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

I don't cook and I'm indifferent to the supposedly "special holiday foods" so whatever.
You can have turkey any time.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
      wwhatevver

i never eat turkey except for the day of thanksgiving
          THATS THE ONLY TIME IT TASTES GOOD

but hnnnnng holiday food

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Childishly Mature
      wwhatevver

i never eat turkey except for the day of thanksgiving
          THATS THE ONLY TIME IT TASTES GOOD

but hnnnnng holiday food

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

I don't only eat turkey on Thanksgiving, but I agree that that's when it tastes the best.
xD

Holiday food is just lovely~

User Image
User Image

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Nariana
Rainbowrific Renia

... rofl
That's just too much. xDDD

@ All you guys: Your families are doing the most. Dx Seriously! I go to my grandma's house, ten minutes away, and we eat dinner there and spend the day with her. Done deal.

User Image

What's wrong with doing the most?
;n;
It's fuuunnnnn. I like my family traditions.

User Image
User Image

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

On a different note... is it sad that I'm ready to play the race card due to what some of my friends have been saying on Facebook about not voting for Obama?
I mean, when the only answer to "Why are you voting for Romney?" that I see is "I just hate Obama." something makes me think that you may be a closet racist. I hate to feel that way, but... come on.
At least come up with a decent answer that supports the party you're voting for.

User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas