Welcome to Gaia! ::

How long you planning on trying to make it. I watched another play this week and it lasted about an hour. I think that was plenty on their fingers... rofl
-H a r r o l d-
How long you planning on trying to make it. I watched another play this week and it lasted about an hour. I think that was plenty on their fingers... rofl

If you're talking about V. Wolfe's play, I was there, and I can imagine what all that typing did to their poor fingers! sweatdrop Our RENT, however, involves 9 actors, so I think we'll be able to handle a good length without wearing anybody down. (Except, of course, the audience. But that's why we try to keep it entertaining... hopefully.)

The length I'm shooting for is about 90 mins (with a 5 minute intermission between acts). For a show that's usually over 2 hours, it's proving difficult sweatdrop (But hey, Phantom Las Vegas did it, didn't they?) I did a lot of cutting tonight (the script that's online is up to date), and I hope it's down to about that length, but this needs to be investigated further...

Judging by the recent announcement, the Housing Arranger might be back soon. Here's hoping by soon they actually do mean soon, and soon comes before we start rehearsing RENT.

On that note, auditions!

...I'll figure out something tomorrow. Think Monday/Tuesday. Start rehearsal Wednesday. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see. Considering how hard it was to get together 9 people just for a reading, we have a lot of recruiting to do. Not to mention school starting for a lot of people. So... put the banner in your sig. Tell your friends.

I need to stop rambling and go to bed now before I'm tempted to spout un-discussed definate deadlines on anything. domokun Tomorrow is another day.
OG: I'll really try to be there... But I'm not sure if I can. I'm only gonna be on sporadically, and probably only when rehearsals are.

Also, I'm probably gonna be totally away the 20th-27th, and Sept 1st-9th.

So yeah...
MyincePie
OG: I'll really try to be there... But I'm not sure if I can. I'm only gonna be on sporadically, and probably only when rehearsals are.

Also, I'm probably gonna be totally away the 20th-27th, and Sept 1st-9th.

So yeah...

Doesn't look like you'll be able to do Rent with us, then...
Wikipedia
[O.G.]
We have a banner now ninja
Hey O.G. I am currently making a Gaian Cinemaplex, and wondered if you wanted to become allies? (No not we would make war against other places. I mean like with Minishops how some of them have allies.)

When the editor is fixed (sucks to have a "buisiness" in Towns right now, doesn't it? whee ) we'll head over and visit your cinema and see if it seems like something we'd like to affiliate with. 3nodding
V. Wolfe
That was really great guys! I especially liked how well you incorporated avatar movement and emoticons into the script read. I'm really looking forward to seeing the actual production.

XD V, that was us just getting into doing Rent. I'm really excited to get the actual production up and running toooo. It's going to look awesome if our goofing around is any indication.

*hurries off to look at the updated script*
this sounds interesting, if I aint busy I'll be there, fool

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sounds really Interesting.... I had an idea of making a thearture in towns before... whee I may be there if Im not busy
Auditions! Rehearsal! Busybusybusy

I have a (tentative) rehearsal schedule drawn up. It's pretty suicidal and asking for disaster. But... I have no but. It's just pretty disaster-prone. domokun But, I work best under pressure, I guess. Hope you do too! sweatdrop (Audition stuff under the schedule)

Quote:

Scene names will be added to script tonight.
Times are CST.

Monday & Tuesday - Auditions and final script revisions
Wednesday:
8 - Roger/Mimi scenes

• Light My Candle
  • Out Tonight/Another Day
  • I Should Tell You
  • Without You

9 - Roger/Mimi/Mark and Mark/Roger scenes

• Tune Up #3/One Song Glory
  • Second half of Goodbye Love
  • Rent
  • What You Own
  • Mark/Roger and Mimi/Roger sections of Christmas Bells

Thursday:
8- Collins/Angel and Mark and Roger scenes

• You Okay Honey?
  • Today 4 U
  • Santa Fe (if I don't cut it)/I'll Cover You
  • First part of Finale
  • Collins' part of I'll Cover You (Reprise)

9 - Maureen/Joanne and Mark and Roger scenes

• Tango: Maureen
  • Mark/Joanne part of Happy New Year
  • Take Me Or Leave Me
  • Over the Moon

Friday
7:30 - You'll See & Tune Up #1
8 - Group scenes

• Life Support
  • Christmas Bells
  • La Vie Boheme
  • Seasons of Love
  • Contact
  • Happy New Year
  • I'll Cover You (Reprise)
  • First part of Goodbye Love
  • Finale

Saturday
8 - Dress rehearsal

Sunday
7:45 - meet (HOPEFULLY AT THE THEATRE, ADMINS!)
8 - Performance

We'll perform nightly for the week following Opening Night. If you're cast, please try and show up every night in that week that you can. If you can't make it any particular night or nights don't stress yourself, that's why we have (and desperately need) understudies. If you know ahead of time that you will miss any particular dates, let us know so we can try and make sure someone will be there to cover you. But first, you need to be cast, which means...

Auditions! We're trying to reduce the vagueness of auditions this time around....

If you have been involved with one of the GTC's skits before, you don't need to audition again. Just send me a PM letting me know what parts interest you biggrin

To cut down on the amount of people needed to put on the show, we've split the roles among 9 people. Here are those 9 parts:

ACTOR #1 - Mark (Principal: ShelliAngel)
ACTOR #2 - Roger (Principal: Arqueete)
ACTOR #3 - Mimi (Principal: Sabs Smith)
ACTOR #4 - Collins Junkie #3 (Prinicpal: PotatoCrisp)
ACTOR #5 - Angel, Junkie #2 (Principal: Cloth Rose)
ACTOR #6 - Benny, Attendee #3, Junkie #1 (Principal: Thelostcup)
ACTOR #7 - Maureen, Attendee #2 (Principal: hiei4ever)
ACTOR #8 - Joanne, Attendee #1 (Principal: Patta) (Understudy: Lunaselene503)
ACTOR #9 - Paul, The Man, Maitre d', Pastor, Mrs. Marquez (None of these roles require switching personas mid-scene) (Principal: Goodtoady)

If you're interested in joining us and think the rehearsal schedule works for you, stop on by 9 Barton 001221 between 8 PM and 10 PM CDT on Monday or Tuesday. Posting in the thread to let us know if you can come is nice, so we know how hard we have to beg for more auditioners... wink

We'll meet you, have you try reading a short scene as the part you're interested in, and tell you if we think you're up to join us. (With Rent we have a limited amount of time to work with people who we think we'll run into problems with, that's our main reason for turning anyone away if we do -- so if you do get turned away, don't take it personally!)

I'm waiting on some people before I announce the principals or need for them for a few roles. I need people to fill the open principals before I let people understudy (and if you understudy, chances are you will get to perform at least once).

Pleasepleaseplease come audition if you think you can make the rehearsals, I can already forsee a desperate need for people gonk

(Have I lost my mind?)
For the curious...

Estimated costume costs for RENT: 21857g
Estimated losses Arq will be taking on costumes and hair: 5402g

Yes, go ahead and weep a little for me sweatdrop

...I'll live.
Hrmm, I've heard of Rent, but haven't seen it. I'll definitely come to watch, however. biggrin
Amsterdam
Hrmm, I've heard of Rent, but haven't seen it. I'll definitely come to watch, however. biggrin

I hope we do it justice 3nodding

Invisible Fairy

11,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Rebuilder 100
I'm really really sorry that I didn't showed up gonk gonk . Something came up, making me miss the audition crying . I'll make up for that. xp
adorable! 4laugh
Bertha/Goodtoady and I are working on costumes right now 3nodding Once we have them to work with, we can plan out blocking before rehearsal.

Rent is on it's way!

(Don't make the time we put into preperation for this go to waste and come to auditions Monday and Tuesday, or if you've already been involved in a skit, PM me to request a role. gonk I'm very worried about this)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff