Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

GAIA Theatre ??????
aduka452

GAIA Theatre ??????
um... yeah, Gaia theatre.... ninja
Script writing for Wicked is underway, if you're wondering.

I'm still having issue with Elphaba, trying to make her, of course, green, while also being humanoid sweatdrop . If people want to try and TekTek her for me, that would be nice. Alien, or if you think you can accomplish it with a normal avie, go for it. No guarantees I'll use any of them, however.
how do i audition?
Ooo! I can't wait for Wicked, seriously. I so want to be a part of that! :3
The whole idea of the GTC is really cool, and that you a doing plays it just all sounds really awesome. Hope I can come to one. biggrin
Half of Gaia is trying out for Wicked gonk

I'm gonna wait for the work schedule to be posted before I decide to audition, I have a lot of things coming up next weekend since that's when my birthday is. If I don't audition I'll be sure to come to at least one performance because after reading the general layout of the story it sounds very interesting.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
My school is doing the play "A mid summer nights dream"! I have no idea what part I have yet...I think I'm a fairy though...
[O.G.]
We've been considering creating a new thread with more reserved posts and moving over to that one. Things are getting really cramped in the first page and its making it hard to stay organized and its been bugging me for quite some time now. Thoughts?

I think we should but lets see what others think.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
GoodToady
[O.G.]
We've been considering creating a new thread with more reserved posts and moving over to that one. Things are getting really cramped in the first page and its making it hard to stay organized and its been bugging me for quite some time now. Thoughts?

I think we should but lets see what others think.

Sounds good to me.
I. Love. This.
So much.
: D
Evan Korken
Half of Gaia is trying out for Wicked gonk

That would sure solve our actor shortage problems xd

I've heard it said before that people want to audition (for Wicked in particular) but are deciding not to because they're so sure there's going to be a billion other people or we have so many regular actors already, etc.

Uh, don't! If a bunch of people are going to think that way we'll end up with no auditioners! sweatdrop We really do struggle for cast members every show, and don't think that because of Wicked's popularity this will cease to be an issue. We are always looking to increase the stability of our cast, which means two things, basically: get a lot of people, and get the largest percent possible of those people to be people we can depend on.

It's true, people who have been active in the GTC in the past are often given "better" parts (mostly because some select members will often be offered roles or their pick of the roles long before auditioning even starts), please don't let this discourage you. It's less of "OMG I'M GOING TO GIVE MOARE FRANK-N-FURTER BECAUSE SHE'S MY FRIEND LOLOLOL" and more of a "Moare has never let me down before and she's good at what she does, so she can have the lead if she wants it". So, basically, if you have a real issue with not being able to get a big part, your best bet in fixing this is to take what's avaliable and prove that you're capable of handling that. (I'll let you know right now that Glinda will not be open for auditioning -- but that's only partially a seniority situation and partially an issue of security, you might be able to guess why...) This, of course, is definately not always the case. We put new people in the leads all the time, and the actors who are given first pick of the roles actually often avoid taking the leads (for a variety of reasons I won't get into). But, I thought you might like to know that there isn't some kind of conspiracy going on when the cast list starts filling up before auditions begin.

So, that's my rant on auditioning and casting. In other words, AUDITION. Don't be afraid of not being cast or what have you. If you think you have the time and want to do it, do it. Please? sweatdrop

In that vein the schedule for Wicked will be up... eh, soon. Think auditioning next weekend/early next week. Expect a normal 4 performance schedule, but it might end up two performances before Christmas and two after.
Ditto that at the auditioners. Seriously. Come. Please. XD

Also about moving the thread, sounds fine to me.

w00t performance soon biggrin

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
What male parts are there in wicked?
clownrus
What male parts are there in wicked?

I know there are a few but I'm not exactly sure how many. But don't worry there are male parts in Wicked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff