Spurca. 0.083637008830474 8.4% [ 6128 ]
Falcis Piscibus. 0.081589758287953 8.2% [ 5978 ]
Arca. 0.10595203974396 10.6% [ 7763 ]
Lepus Crudus. 0.094582975064488 9.5% [ 6930 ]
Donum. 0.078559827485021 7.9% [ 5756 ]
Halos. 0.15437633924306 15.4% [ 11311 ]
Cauda Diaboli. 0.10420505261434 10.4% [ 7635 ]
Total Votes:[ 73269 ]

Well I'll be damned. I am lepus crudus, aka grunny.

It was fated from the beginning.
Teh Mei
Shiningsupernova
The trends as to the starsigns are interesting - I wonder why the bias? You'd have thought it was about equal...
Trends? Bias? Huh? Care to elaborate?
If you look at the poll, there are more of some starsigns then of others. According to the large sample size, this should not be so - it should be about equal. These leads me to two hypotheses: either firstly, some of the pollees are lying, or secondly, more people tend to join at certain times - possibly it is because of the year. 3nodding

Gracious Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Shiningsupernova
Teh Mei
Shiningsupernova
The trends as to the starsigns are interesting - I wonder why the bias? You'd have thought it was about equal...
Trends? Bias? Huh? Care to elaborate?
If you look at the poll, there are more of some starsigns then of others. According to the large sample size, this should not be so - it should be about equal. These leads me to two hypotheses: either firstly, some of the pollees are lying, or secondly, more people tend to join at certain times - possibly it is because of the year. 3nodding
TIme of year is hard though, because we go by the last numbers. YOu can't really say that every 10 days more people join then in the other 9 days. xd
But yes, it is intruiging. If pollees were lying though, or just pollwhoring, I'd expect the first and last option to be a lot higher than the other, because well, that's what happens when people are aksed to pick a random option. And that's not the case here. Plus, from the reactions and answers we got (and I checked quite a few), I actually do think there simply are a lot more halos and devil tails. I'm starting to think perhaps it has something to do with february having only 28 days, and only 6 out of 12 months having 31?
Not sure how that would work though. My mathematics aren't up to scratch. xd

Gracious Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Little Grunny Foo Foo

surprised I adore your outfit!
Great job! eek heart
I think maybe another reason is that I think a lot of gaians would want to be in the Halos or the Cauda Diaboli more than the others. So when they find out what they are they maybe more inclined to poll as opposed to say the Falcis Piscibus (fishing) sign, or they may not poll at all being disapointed by their result.

-OR-

If just polling without adding up their numbers they may just pick the sign that they like the best, without actually knowing what their assigned sign is.

But, there is a pretty good spread, and a 3% difference or so isn't very large at all. So I think over all, with out doing calculations, the numbers turned out pretty good. Besides, I bet the more votes that poll gets the more the results will even out.
Teh Mei
Little Grunny Foo Foo

surprised I adore your outfit!
Great job! eek heart
*laughs* Thank you!<3

Gracious Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Not sure, because A LOT of people dislike the cauda diaboli. We've had quite a few people go "that's nothing like me! gonk ". A lot more than with all the other signs really. So I don't think people would pick it because it's so likeable. xd
I'm a Spurca. I have to wonder, how long did this take to put together?
I'm donum :} I signed up the day after my b-day (Jan 1st) Creepy o_o
Teh Mei
Not sure, because A LOT of people dislike the cauda diaboli. We've had quite a few people go "that's nothing like me! gonk ". A lot more than with all the other signs really. So I don't think people would pick it because it's so likeable. xd
Hey, I'm a Lepus Crudus, and perfectly happy. It fits me quiet well.
I think you did great. And even real horoscopes arnt perfect. So for having alot of people that DO match their personality, thats saying something.
12 + 23 + 2005 = 2040 Lastly, those born under the Cauda Diaboli constellation, the devil's tail, often have the meanest streak of all. Wicked and cruel by nature, they laugh at things they really shouldn't laugh at, are known to start fights over trivial issues, and love to be the center of attention. Often intelligent and sharp witted, they usually use their smarts only for themselves and always have a nasty barb to spike any poor stray that steps into their domain. Besides all that, there is some good to them. They can (in rare times) offer sound (though harsh) advice, and they usually follow the rules in the loosest of ways, so even when they're being bad it's bad within acceptable limits. They can be very reliable friends, so long as you can stomach the punishment they dish out. They don't take anything seriously, so you shouldn't take what they say seriously either, or so they figure. You could argue that they're playful rather than nasty, but you'd have to have some concrete evidence for anyone to believe you...

Fits me rather nicely.

Gracious Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
MykaToriyama
I'm a Spurca. I have to wonder, how long did this take to put together?
Um, a few days developing the idea and then another full day writing the texts and stuff, I think. D.Darko spent most time on it actually, so I'm not too sure. ^^"

Wheezing Phantom

Oho.

heart

Hisui seems to be a Penna.
Odd how things like this turn out.
But, it nails most of my charracteristics.

Wheezing Phantom

HisuiAyeaka
Oho.

heart

Hisui seems to be a Penna.
Odd how things like this turn out.
But, it nails most of my charracteristics.

Like this..

Those gaiaborn under Penna, the wing constellation, are usually among the kindest people you'd ever hope to meet, but are often easily distracted and spacey. They tend to be quiet and self reflective in private, sensitive you might say, but open, pleasant and brimming with energy when they're among friends. They are often extroverted people, and they tend to enjoy nice weather, parties and playing games outside, but due to their airheaddedness can often forget in the heat of the moment that there are limits and can often end up embarrassing themselves and causing a scene. In hostile situations, they can become very turbulent, either screaming and thrashing around, or curling up and weeping.

Yep.
That's me.
=D
Teh Mei
XD Well there goes my theory<3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces