Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
If I receive an item, I usually keep it and try to use it . The, when I change my mind about it and decide I don’t like the outfit its with , or the item I sell or donate it to someone who needs it .

Anxious Gaian

The Cake Mage of Sheep

Would you be upset if the receiver sold it to fund their quest?
What about gifting it to someone who actually wants the item?
Do you even keep an eye on people you've gifted to see if they use the item?
Would you sell or regift an item given to you?

No, I would be more than happy to have assisted in the users quest for an item. I would see it as a small contribution towards a hard earned goal.

If I gifted an item to someone, I obviously could not gift it to another who wanted it.

I do not keep an eye out. It is theirs, they may do with it as they please.

I have both sold (to help with questing) and re-gifted (Given to someone who wanted the item more than I) items gifted to me. I typically keep most items gifted to me however, it really depends who it was from, what it was, and if I were questing something that I believe is more important to me.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

I tend to gift so they can sell it too for gold, if they need that more yum_puddi i tend to do themed giveaways or balls, so the items they get may not be something they like, since it's themed. they can win it and sell it for gold

GO

I would never re-gift. That is just tacky, but sell, yes. If they gave you just a "random" gift, I'd assume they don't care what you do with it. If it's not on your wishlist, there really is no expectation to keep it.

Widow

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I gift randomly just so someone get the surprise. Once its theirs i would be hurt if they DIDNT use it to get what they want. I try to use wishlists but if its not available then just send them something expensive and i hope they use the gold.

Celestial Trickster

35,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Super Converter 100
When i receive gifts i keep them. hehe
If I'm gifted a relatively inexpensive item (most gifts I've received fall under this category) I just appreciate the gesture and give it a home in my inventory. I typically try to fit the item into my current avatar for a couple days just to show my thanks.

The only times I've received more expensive items, the anon definitely saw my wishlist and chose to gift something from there. I haven't been in the situation where I got an expensive item I can't use.

If it were to happen, I would handle it the same way I do with expensive items offered as payment for art commissions - wait a couple days before selling it off.

As for gifting other people, I like my gifts to count so I usually gift art or wishlist items. I won't offload random items onto people unless I'm sure it's something that will be appreciated and used.

Valiant Jackling

Gifted through the gifting / trading system?

I don't receive many gifts, but I tend to keep them when I do. Not because I feel I have to, but because I want to. That said, I've never been gifted an item I all out hate. Usually there is at least one pose in it I do like, which makes keeping it worthwhile. If I ever got something I really disliked, I'd sell it and put the gold towards something else.

In an indirect way I did this with Loyal's lottery. A kind soul gifted me a 10 pack of tickets after seeing me complain that I had terrible luck with lotteries & raffles (I never win >.< ), so I didn't want to blow so much gold on the feature. And guess what, I actually won! But it was the one sweater I disliked because I didn't own a single item to match with it sweatdrop So I sold it for a little over a billion gold and put it towards something else.

Otherwise... Dumpster Dive... I've sold quite a number of items I've gotten out of that thing. Kept quite a number too. And in a way, Dumpster Dive is a gifting system too, the gifter just has no idea who will wind up with their item

As for how I see things when gifting others - do as you wish! I use my mule as a charity on and off and I hardly expect the recipient of my gift to keep it. It's nice to see them wear it, but I don't really expect it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff