Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Alistair Krowe

Yes, I know that. It's such a terrible act he committed... and that's why I said he will face severe consequences for it.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Avarice Clay

Geez... seeing all of that hatred boiling makes me feel so uncomfortable that I'm too scared to confront them. I choose to ignore what they say and stay away from them instead.
Luckily, I'm not like those rude users.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

Geez... seeing all of that hatred boiling makes me feel so uncomfortable that I'm too scared to confront them. I choose to ignore what they say and stay away from them instead.

Neither am I. I'm not going to let my unhappiness with zOMG! being closed for good go unsaid and unnoticed, but at least I know Gaia had a good reason for dropping it. I also know this doesn't have to mean the sky is falling if we don't let it mean that.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Avarice Clay

Neither am I. I'm not going to let my unhappiness with zOMG! being closed for good go unsaid and unnoticed, but at least I know Gaia had a good reason for dropping it. I also know this doesn't have to mean the sky is falling if we don't let it mean that.

Good for you. it did have a good reason why zOMG has to be closed forever. Nobody likes to play a game that is sooooo buggy, after all.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

Good for you. it did have a good reason why zOMG has to be closed forever. Nobody likes to play a game that is sooooo buggy, after all.

IIRC, the game being buggy wasn't the reason it was closed. It was because of a massive security exploit they didn't want to waste their time on fixing because of how much old, fragile, unstable Flash-based code they were staring at. The thing that killed the game was, basically, uncertainty as to how long fixing that one vulnerability would take, because of the sheer volume of outdated code there was for a game based on a platform terrible for projects of its size, as well as considerations about how much the game really cost in total vs how much it made back or how many people actively played -- even if they'd never admit outright that money was a factor, it's pretty safe to assume the bottom line was an item of discussion of some priority at the meeting held to decide the ultimate fate of zOMG!.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,125 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Avarice Clay
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

wish more members had that attitude. although im sad to see zOMG! go id much rather seeit gone then have somebody being able to compromise not only members accounts but possibly the entire website >.<

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Avarice Clay

I know this info, so I guess it's not the constant bugs that were to blame then. I felt that it was the right decision Gaia made, so it was probably for security reasons and to protect everyone.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

I know this info, so I guess it's not the constant bugs that were to blame then. I felt that it was the right decision Gaia made, so it was probably for security reasons and to protect everyone.

Oh, absolutely. From how they described the security vulnerability, it could have given anyone who exploited it almost unparalleled control over the site's servers and access to user accounts. I absolutely do believe they ultimately made the right call, for all the right reasons.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Avarice Clay

Oh, absolutely. From how they described the security vulnerability, it could have given anyone who exploited it almost unparalleled control over the site's servers and access to user accounts. I absolutely do believe they ultimately made the right call, for all the right reasons.

Indeed! I praise Gaia for doing the right thing.

Time-traveling Senshi

Good news guys. Facebook banned his page and took it down after a few people flagged it for being used to promote illegal activities. Not sure if he has a new one by now but at least another avenue for promoting his ultimatums to Gaia is gone.

Angelic Blob

Are we getting after effects? Because some of the features are lagging and the forum loading is resulting in breakage.

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
I'm just curious, what's the update on this guy? Has he decided to give it a rest? Was anyone able to track him down or do anything remotely worthwhile in an attempt to get rid of him?

Mostly, just sating my curiosity.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Avarice Clay
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

Yeah, I don't want to see the site go down due to a big gaping hole in its defenses that could also result in me loosing money, I'm just hoping they salvage assets from zOMG like the Ring animations and make them Astra we can equip to our avatars, I think Slash, Hack, and Mantis would work well with my current avatar since it looks like she's going for a rapid strike.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Chibi Halo
          Good news guys. Facebook banned his page and took it down after a few people flagged it for being used to promote illegal activities. Not sure if he has a new one by now but at least another avenue for promoting his ultimatums to Gaia is gone.

I hope he gets dealt this card by Fate:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..

Tenacious Rogue

Hoshika Bayushi
Avarice Clay
Camilia_Chan
Avarice Clay

Yeah, I don't want to see the site go down due to a big gaping hole in its defenses that could also result in me loosing money, I'm just hoping they salvage assets from zOMG like the Ring animations and make them Astra we can equip to our avatars, I think Slash, Hack, and Mantis would work well with my current avatar since it looks like she's going for a rapid strike.

I would command...The Ring...of FIRE!!!
where is the ring of fire? the ring of fire!
-waits for astra-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces