Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Transmutator

User ImageaaaaEvening o'GCD. Tonight we will discuss layering tricks. Whether it is hair cropping,
aaaabackground layering, or the illustrious invisibility trick, we all have our little secrets.
aaaaWell, not secrets, but some safeguard their layering tricks like crazy. Anyways,
aaaawhat layering tricks have you come across over the years? Famous glitches?
aaaaMaybe we can turn this into a trip of pure nostalgia. Now excuse me while I continue
aaaato sit on this dead body. All thanks due to a lovely little layering trick. Relevant I say!

aaaaDiscussion Points: Layering Tricks and the Nostalgia train~

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I remember I was fond of using Fondue's I Am pose and the Voracious Fog.

Turn around, the fog appears white.

Teehehehe~

Serpentine Loverboy

28,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
I often use Lumiere Noir's skins + any face mod for the faceless effect. I think that's the only trick I ever know and use.

Phantom

The Anesedeiroa's(sp?) Woe arms are pretty much a H4X even with the Angelic Sash ( because it hates arm mods ) and hiding the makeup compact from the Little Lucie~

Revered Connoisseur

Agape scissors + Night Stalker face = no base eyes, no salon hair

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Nothing as cool as a dead body, but I'm always up for seeing how many hairy items I can chuck on my face and body to maintain a rather fuzzy look.

cool

It's not all gro gains, after all
>cowboy scruff, vegan vampire, king's goatee, gro gain goatee, and now a gold shop beard

And Sweetheart Sweeper is fantastic for making you look hairy when bod mods like Shadowlegend's abs look super out of place because you are not dark/light enough.

Tiny Inquisitor

burning_eyes Winter... pls...

There's an item that I can equip with the pants from Tory of the Glenn that cuts the shirt off. But I can't remember which one that is! gonk

Sparkling Transmutator

Ardee01
I often use Lumiere Noir's skins + any face mod for the faceless effect. I think that's the only trick I ever know and use.

Oh wow, I didn't even know such a trick existed. *checks* Wow, it does exist. o A o

SuccuViv's Bae

Orgasm Face = Lovely Lucie (Flirty Eyes)+ Princess Manner's (oshiii~) face or Loving Manner's (oh noes!) face.

Black Wizard's Staff = Katana (Back Waist Mounted) + Wild Armor (Khan Head Armor)

It costs 30 million gold to orgasm on Gaia Online. gonk

Assimilated Survivor

For Halloween 2011, I made a ghost avatar with a really neat layering trick:
User Image
It uses The Nightmare and the Twilight Skin. Now, however, using the nightmare takes off the twilight skin's head glitters too emo

Serpentine Loverboy

28,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Winter Hue
Ardee01
I often use Lumiere Noire's skins + any face mod for the faceless effect. I think that's the only trick I ever know and use.

Oh wow, I didn't even know such a trick existed. *checks* Wow, it does exist. o A o

I stumbled upon that by accident since I hated the eyes on it and tried a facemod to change the eyes and I got a pleasant surprise instead. I can also confirm that it works on the recolor of Lumiere Noire.

Sparkling Transmutator

JulieKablooie
User Image
It uses The Nightmare and the Twilight Skin. Now, however, using the nightmare takes off the twilight skin's head glitters too emo

Now that is unfortunate. That would be an extremely fun trick to play around with.

Dead Hellraiser

...I actually love how the chair/legmod layers, I like hiding it on my mule to make it look like he's floating.
User Image

I've got a few other neat ones. For example, the School Club Pride Scarf layers great with the Women's Fall Collection scarf, making one super-long scarf.

Hellish Envoy also lets some backgrounds layer inside of it, for those who don't like the fiery interior of it. (Personally, I love how Dark Heart's background looks with it.)

I've got tons more I use, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.

Assimilated Survivor

Winter Hue
JulieKablooie
User Image

Now that is unfortunate. That would be an extremely fun trick to play around with.

Right? I thought so too. Especially since I'm sure there's wayyy better ways to hide the red neck from the Nightmare now. Maybe the other headless items might do it?

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I used to know a really good one. But it was taken from me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff