Do you think that listing glitches will make someone fix them? sad

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Its Meark
Yes, a thread in Site Feedback or somewhere is for that very purpose.

Desirable Glitch

Jazin Kay
Its Meark
Yeah I just thought this thread would lead someone to post stuff there. I love my little glitches and tricks.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Its Meark
Jazin Kay
Its Meark
Yeah I just thought this thread would lead someone to post stuff there. I love my little glitches and tricks.

I feel you on that one. The latest evo of aria dannata originally had an arm pose that glitches to make you armless. I was pleased as pie.
Next time I logged my avi the glitch was fixed. There goes my armless scarecrow xd

Shy Friend

Vote for my sea creature, please

Not sure if it's a glitch, but I tend to use Crime Scene background underneath every other background to give a darker shade into the avatar, giving it more depth.
Samples:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Desirable Glitch

A Teased Moose

Not sure if it's a glitch, but I tend to use Crime Scene background underneath every other background to give a darker shade into the avatar, giving it more depth.
Samples:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Nah that's just layering. I do it all the time to give lighting effects for scenes. There are some background items that layer underneath other background items. Take Astra-39 Candelight Embrace for example or Concrete Jungle or any backgrounds from the Prince of the Sea.

Shy Friend

Its Meark
A Teased Moose

Samples:
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/outfit/ava/0f/7d/14e9340321d7d0f.png
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/outfit/ava/19/29/14e9340321b2919.png
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/outfit/ava/e1/04/14e9340321b04e1.png
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/dress-up/avatar/outfit/ava/7d/66/14e9340321c667d.png

Nah that's just layering. I do it all the time to give lighting effects for scenes. There are some background items that layer underneath other background items. Take Astra-39 Candelight Embrace for example or Concrete Jungle or any backgrounds from the Prince of the Sea.

Or first pose from Fantastical Journey, giving a nice glow to the scene used together with most other backgrounds.
3nodding

Still, layering tricks.
emotion_awesome

Golden Gekko

I have one that I really love. One is Lyndexter's Journal + Nomy the Snail (or any small I Am pose) to get an empty bed. Of course, you have to use the back pose to make it look just right.
User Image

Sparkling Transmutator

Lutheron
Winter Hue

Sort of OT, but what's that chair leg mod called? I can't seem to remember.

Red Leather Scotch~

Merry Traveler

Winter Hue
User ImageaaaaEvening o'GCD. Tonight we will discuss layering tricks. Whether it is hair cropping,
aaaabackground layering, or the illustrious invisibility trick, we all have our little secrets.
aaaaWell, not secrets, but some safeguard their layering tricks like crazy. Anyways,
aaaawhat layering tricks have you come across over the years? Famous glitches?
aaaaMaybe we can turn this into a trip of pure nostalgia. Now excuse me while I continue
aaaato sit on this dead body. All thanks due to a lovely little layering trick. Relevant I say!

aaaaDiscussion Points: Layering Tricks and the Nostalgia train~

how did you do yours?

I only know little, geisha make up layer with default mouth
change how that lip looks, like this avatar of mine below
cheap sinister smile XD
User Image

Ichabod's headless pose, you can use make up and eyes mod while headless :3
resulting in floating eyes

Original Survivor

Jazin Kay
Lei_Trigar
I always enjoyed finding about the naked avi glitches.. Haven't checked the old ones in awhile, wonder if they are fixed.

Wish I kept track of what they used.. sad
I know one that still works. Not sure if I should spill it, though.

Good to know there is still one that works, I wouldn't post it here that's for sure, someone will report it and it'll get fixed. sad

You can PM me what it uses if you want though lol. In the meantime I'm going to look through some old notes and see if I can find the ones I knew about.

Stellar Succubus

I used to use a pretty simple and cheap combo to cut hair before agape came out.

But it needed those stupid huge head feathers.

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Winter Hue
Lutheron
Winter Hue

Sort of OT, but what's that chair leg mod called? I can't seem to remember.

Red Leather Scotch~

Ooh thanks.

Oh my god LMP is 460k, I'm gonna have to wish list this

Dapper Ladykiller

Love this thread. <3

I know that Vampire Sound (Face) + Passionate Vocalist (Black tears) makes a good gothic or metal look; the tongue looks like it's pierced and sticking out.
User Image

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If you put the Bolster Sword on your avatar and do the "I am X wolf" from Bad moon you get a wolf with a sword on it's back when you turn around or move.
This also works with "The Nightmare" companions and most wings.

Layering face:
I abuse layering full face mods with eye/lip only mods my current face effects is a skin plus Modus Operendi + compass of seidh Loki
s eyes + the Masquerade eye shadow.

Night Elf Aura + fog background can cause a eery colored fog effect.

To get a nice dark full hair bang with a hood use grow grain and any hood that covers the full head but leaves part of the forehead.

Most hair mods can pop through the hoods so I use grow gain, which has the bonus of giving this grey shade effect on one half of my face.

I have also found that if you put shadowlegend on the off hand of your avatar and Yama No Tanago's sword in your main forward hand makes shadowlegend appear to be ancient katana (if it is sheathed).

My favorite old trick involved a hat over Bad Moon's long hair covering the ears, I am not sure if it still works but the effect was awesome yet simple.

Notice: the bad moon hair trick no longer fully works but it can give you one ear instead of two, however if you add bad moon and the starter ninja mask you get dog ears/cool bangs as a effect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff