Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Senshi

Holy crap. Last time I was here items were getting into the billions. I can't believe we're in the trillions now! I stupidly left 195m sitting on my account and now it's worth nothing. x_x

Liberal Nerd

The last time I remember using gaia was back in 2012, and a friend just recently got me back on here. I can't believe all the changes, like inflation is just blowing my mind. Back in like 09' when I was really into gaia, everything was so much cheaper, and there wasn't all of these weird gaia cash tiers and stuff. I think when I left gaia, I had about 100k gold, and now with the help of my friend who was here throughout all of the changes and inflation, I have a decent amount. I really do like the recolours of items though, that's a pleasant change.

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
You forgot the fact that zOMG was shut down confused

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Kasteon

there's three points about zOMG on the first page wink

Quote:

-Zomg is currently down for 'maintenance'! (credit to SolluxDoubleDongs)

-Zomg! is, sadly, taken down permanently. crying Official Announcement

-An explanation is given as to why Zomg! has been removed Announcement Here

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Snow Danger
Kasteon

Quote:

i'm old emo emo

Friendly Gaian

Kasteon
Snow Danger
Kasteon

Quote:

i'm old emo emo

Well, welcome back cry welcome back to what's left, at least

crying where you one of those people who were here when Zomg first become a part of the site? (just wondering how ancient you are)

Wealthy Millionaire

I have not been on gaia since 2012, and I have been a member since 04.
What I can not believe is the amount gold is really worth. I left this account with 42 million.
Now its just crazy to think that it isnt worth that much!
I remember the days when the users were always asking for an interactive game, now zOMG! is gone!?!
I may be an old member, but now I have gone full circle back to being a newb.

Friendly Gaian

IngloriousEmmerz
I have not been on gaia since 2012, and I have been a member since 04.
What I can not believe is the amount gold is really worth. I left this account with 42 million.
Now its just crazy to think that it isnt worth that much!
I remember the days when the users were always asking for an interactive game, now zOMG! is gone!?!
I may be an old member, but now I have gone full circle back to being a newb.

Well, uh... welcome back, then... sweatdrop

Although, as long as you have some items available to sell, you should be able to make that money back fairly quickly. It just sucks that you'd left the site being so rich just to come back and realize that gold just keeps getting more and more worthless, and that your hard work from back then is no longer worth as much stressed

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
Way-back-when, before the age of gold gens and market inflation, some of the other vending folks used to tell me I was being stupid when I said I preferred to put my (relatively modest, by their standards-) profits back into my inventory rather than hoarding pure.

As nice as it may seem to be able to say that time has more or less proven mine to be the wiser course, it's sort-of a hollow victory. What's happened to the gold economy is just a train-wreck and I really feel for the older users who are coming back now and having to adjust to it...

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Lyonel Noale
Kasteon
Snow Danger
Kasteon

Quote:

i'm old emo emo

Well, welcome back cry welcome back to what's left, at least

crying where you one of those people who were here when Zomg first become a part of the site? (just wondering how ancient you are)

Thanks! I went for like a two year on and off hiatus. My first account was made in 2008 (Verda) and I played zOMG intensively when I was younger. However after Dead Man's Shadow was released, I played more frequently until I bet Kamila multiple times. After that I got bored. When I came back a few days ago I just realized that zOMG was shut down. This makes me sad because i've made a lot of friends in the past through this game and that the community was really great.

All Gaia thinks about now is money, and they felt like it wasn't worth fixing because of it's revenue. They never even considered how many players would leave Gaia permanently because of this.

Friendly Gaian

time to bump

Indulgent Waffles

ღღ As a returning member (I've been back for about a week now, been here since 03) getting used to all the inflation is still overwhelming gonk I've never had an absurd amount of gold (over 100mil) be worth nearly nothing [ where RIGs, MCs and cash items are concerned ] on the other hand, I can finally buy all the gold shop items I've been wanting to get...

I was surprised by the price of ink (plus those charms we can get on the Daily Chance now) I remember when ink and bugs were just being donated by other members, especially when you were questing for them sad

Also, being able to easily get 1mil from the Daily Chance is insane. gonk

Thank you for creating this thread. smile -subscribed- ღღ

Friendly Gaian

whelp, inflation thread on the first page - time to bump!

and maybe update, too

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
[NPC] Rina
SFK
Blue Mist
Wouldn't we just be better off without gold at this point? I mean, it's all about the actual items they're selling anyways. Buying GC related items are way better than having to deal with users on here who just price hike everything unnecessarily.
You could do that, but then the economy would use Stones of Jordan. You also add another barrier to anyone who doesn't buy Gaia Cash.

Anyways, I was wondering if 5 Million gold had much value. Last time I was on that was a lot of gold but now I log on and all the items that were priced at 30k have jumped to 5 Mil.

Rordan said that my souffle has sunk so low that it would take an elite team of divers to recover it. I�m still gonna eat it. Don't tell him, 'kay?

...This just made me really sad and angry, despite the fact that I laughed about it.

Devoted Fairy

11,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
The inflation has honestly damaged me on enjoying gaia for roleplaying like I always have. I have serious nerve damage to my dominate right hand and can't make graphics anymore, so I have to buy layouts.... I can't afford gaia cash anymore, leaving in Japan is freaking expensive. Over going to a new izakaya or heading out to Hakone I'd rather do that then dump money into the virtual world... Before I could drop 100 dollars into gaia and I felt like a rich b*****d, set for months but now it really feels like all of that is pointless sad Everything is in the trillions, cheap s**t is billions, and NOTHING is in the millions anymore... so sad to see this happening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff