Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zombie Is Lost's Significant Otter

Heart Giver

Una-tan

I gave away most of my items and went on a hiatus right before inflation started. I don't have that much gold anymore.

gaia_spoons Do you remember a simpler time when you could purchase a decent item for around 20mil?
Oh I remember an even simpler time than that. sweatdrop

gaia_spoons Have you taken part in the inflation by purchasing Gold Generators?
I don't buy Gaia cash.

gaia_spoons What have you been doing to combat against inflation?
I signed this petition. I've put another link in my signature for the time being.
User Image

And I've created a thread for cheap outfits, to try and spread some love for more common and unpopular items. And so new people won't feel as pressured to buy cash.

When I first joined, it took me forever to get 4k.

Dangerous Rogue

I remember scrimping to get out of peasant clothes. I've never been one for bump-spamming, so that jank took ages back when posting was the only way to earn gold.
My first outfit was like, 2000g. I was so proud of myself.
User Image

I would look at the people parading around in the full pimpin' set, and thinking, how in the WORLD do people make that much gold?!

Star

I remember I quested Wolf of Southtown for 700k. Now it's 200m. sad

Alien Invader

I can still purchase decent items for around 20mil or less. Rereleases in generators gives some premium items some serious deflation. I get new pretties all the time now. Sell one inflated thing, wait for rereleases, buy yourself 10 new pretties. lol

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I feel a sense of defeat when I look at the MP. I have more gold than I EVER had on my old account back in 2005, and yet I can't do anything with it. It makes no sense, and the difference is astounding.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
The day Gaia switched management. It probably just felt like a tingling sensation back then, but it was a portent of dark days to come. You couldn't have known, none of us did. But here we are.

Sparkly Fairy

kween please
do u guys remember bumping threads in the CB for gold LOL
Bump banners! I still have a bunch i made. ROFL.

Back when fairy wings meant you had money.
Back when 50-100k for art or a breedable was a lot!
Back when 1mil was a lot for an item.

I've bought some dice rolls mainly. Not much else. Though i mainly did it for the items it contained. I got lucky with my first dice roll bundle and got a bunch of items ive been wanting for a very long time. Others i ended up selling for gold because i had no use for them.

I've always donated to the site in the early days and tried to get 1 of each DI at the time. After a few hiatuses it was hard to keep up. Now i only get the MCs if they interest me, not for investment or anything.

Back then it was more to have a variety of items than what the shops had. But since we have such a huuugggeee amount of items now, its mainly what i like. I still purchase items from the cs on occasion. But i try not to get specifically GGs.

Shy Gaian

I have one whole mill, am I rich yet? xp

I don't mind a lot of the cash shop stuff going on lately, but I would prefer if they wouldn't do the straight up gold prizes. And stuff like Make it Rain where there is HUGE payout really wreaks havoc on the economy. Hopefully they'll do something to re-deflate things.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Dec of 0 is when I arrived to Gaia and it took me two weeks to gain 30K doing posts and commenting on profiles and that sort of thing on a daily basis. That was a lot then and through 08 and 09.
I remember when kiki's were 20k and I ended up with two donated to me.

Quotable Smoker

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
I remember when the only thing was the forums, arena and fishing...those were the golden days where fishing rooms were stacked

Phantom

I remember when Horns of the Demon was like 400k and stuff.

Maaaan...

IRL Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Do you remember a simpler time when you could purchase a decent item for around 20mil?
Isn't that now? Or a few days ago at least. I remember questing for Baos because I just couldn't make the gold. I eventually got them, and I had never felt so happy in my life to get 30k. I've spent most of my Gaia life poor. The most gold I ever had was like 162mil, and that was from selling old RIG and MC items that I just looked at and went "What was I thinking when I bought this?" Then I spent it all on items to make a new avatar.

Have you taken part in the inflation by purchasing Gold Generators?
Lolnope. And I never will buy a gold generator. I'm a cosplayer and doll collector in real life. Not to mention I have student loans. I can't afford to pay real money to this site anymore. (I used to back when GC was barely a thing. I had like the first three plush/pet items that you got free with purchasing a 25$ GC card.)
What have you been doing to combat against inflation?
Honestly? Not much. At the most I've been trying to buy from the gold shops more. (If Gaia's layering would allow me to do what I want. :I) Otherwise I try to do some artificial deflation. But I don't see it working too much.

Shy Streaker

Secksy Panda
kween please
do u guys remember bumping threads in the CB for gold LOL
Bump banners! I still have a bunch i made. ROFL.

Back when fairy wings meant you had money.
Back when 50-100k for art or a breedable was a lot!
Back when 1mil was a lot for an item.

I've bought some dice rolls mainly. Not much else. Though i mainly did it for the items it contained. I got lucky with my first dice roll bundle and got a bunch of items ive been wanting for a very long time. Others i ended up selling for gold because i had no use for them.

I've always donated to the site in the early days and tried to get 1 of each DI at the time. After a few hiatuses it was hard to keep up. Now i only get the MCs if they interest me, not for investment or anything.

Back then it was more to have a variety of items than what the shops had. But since we have such a huuugggeee amount of items now, its mainly what i like. I still purchase items from the cs on occasion. But i try not to get specifically GGs.

I was talking about how back then I used to quest for fairy wings and then someone anoned me and I was so happy, even though at that point I could have probably bought 20,000 fairy wings xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff