Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Bunny

I am a TM member, so I feel sad whenever I look at the site. So much time, money, and more wasted. But I did meet good people and friends, thats the only plus side now.

But if Gaia closed done, I would be sadder, not because I spent money here, but because this is the longest time I've ever stayed on a site. 5 years is a long time. I don't regret the money I put into this site unlike TM.

I have many memories here.

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMI

╔══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╗

I'd be pretty sad, lot's of good & bad memories here, but mostly good. It's one of the few sites I actually visit on a daily basis. More then once on a daily basis.
Let's not think about it. crying

╚══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╝

HDMI

Beloved Perfectionist

Dankin
It would be very sad for me.

It would be the end of an era in my life. When you've been on a certain site for almost seven years, you'll miss it when it decides to close up shop.

Plus I'd miss all the people here....well....a good deal of them. dramallama

this right here. i have spent so much time on here... not just because of money

Winner

I'd migrate elsewhere, although it would be unfortunate.

Gaia seems to be booming so I doubt it would be within the next five years. And with TinierMe closing, the amount of users on here will explode which means more income. TinierMe asked for more money to look fabulous than Gaia does. At least here it's easier to earn gold to get the CS items. I've noticed a lot of activity already.

However, I don't think I'd go to Solia. I've tried it and it feels like it's missing something. There is another site though that is smaller than Solia, but it has a cozy feel that I like.

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Besides the fact I would be disappointed, it still begs the question of WHERE everyone on Gaia would go.
And I would feel very sorry for tektek.

Omnipresent Lunatic

17,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Every site goes down eventually.
I hope Gaia doesn't, I've been on this site for a very long time.
I have never spent any money on it, and I don't have anymore friends left here, but I have had a lot of fun.
Lucky for us Gaia has been around successfully for almost a decade, not many similar sites have that track record.

Receiver

I can see myself falling into some kind of depression if gaia went down.

Decorated Nerd

I think I would be really devastated, because I wouldn't know what to do with my spare time, except go back to reading all the time like I did before I joined here. The problem with reading is I'll get absorbed and not get any actual work done, whereas gaia I can have it open in the background without any difficulty.
Spent a lot of time on here, it would be really weird to not come here anymore. It's just like habit now.
There will always be that possibility. Gaia seems to do fairly well though, so I don't think it would be soon.

I wouldn't really migrate anywhere else, either. I already use multiple sites now, but no other avatar sites. I just happen to like this one, and just this one alone.

But really, I would feel bad for the people who bought GC. It would be a horrible feeling to put lots of money towards something you love only to be there when it goes down in the end, and you're left with nothing. Perhaps not everyone would feel that way, but that's how I would.

Ladykiller

Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty damn pissed. I mean in hindsight yeah, it's a bunch of pixels. But considering the amount of time that I've devoted to this site, all the people I've met, all the stuff I've accumulated throughout the years, I'd be frustrated if all of a sudden they just disappeared. I also don't frequent any other avatar site besides Gaia, so I'm not sure where else I would go if Gaia were to shut down. :/

Feral Fatcat

11,500 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
It probably will happen, and I honestly wouldn't really care. I've spent tons of money on this site, but I look at it as a hobby, so If it were to end , oh well. I'd find something else to do ~ heart

MisterPeon's Waifu

Amateur Saint

20,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
I won't migrate anywhere...
(. _ .)
I'll just start to active again in my DA maybe..

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have never spent any real money on the site. I have earned all my G cash, so that's not a problem. I'd be sad, because this is one of the few sites I ever go on. I really don't like much on the internet. I've spent a lot of time on this site, and it's connected to a lot of specific memories. It would just feel weird not to have it. I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would suck for a bit. I'd be on the internet a lot less.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Whiskey Witch
Besides the fact I would be disappointed, it still begs the question of WHERE everyone on Gaia would go.
And I would feel very sorry for tektek.

I thought that too. It would be like "internet homelessness" or something like that. Also, ditto about Tektek.

Questionable Creature

User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

I'd probably be extremely depressed. No other avatar site I've ever tried out was anything like gaia.I love the avi's and items on here and absolutely love getting avi art. I already have great items on here to make some avi's or sell to get more gold. I'd have to start all over on a new site. And like I said, no other avatar site is the same as gaia. They all seem more primitive to me. You can't double post, there's no place for me to be able to post whatever like in CB, I wouldn't be able to bump a quest thread.So once I start it if no one cares to visit, well bye bye questing. I don't even remember if some of the one's I've tried let you sell art for their currency.If not, well how would I get my avi art fix? And a lot of my friends on gaia I can only reach here.I'd be extremely sad if gaia ever shut down. Probably more depressed than a human being should be lol But uhh yeah, wouldn't be happy.

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces