Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unidrone's Wife

Seasonal Bard

13,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Clambake 200
SO I am back after about 2 years (I peeked in a little bit in 13, and then a bit this summer, where I went eek and stepped back out). But I do miss Gaia, and while I feel like I've got an idea about the changes in the economy now, I'm trying to figure out how else to catch up.

How do you catch up after a long (or short) hiatus? How do you find all the items you misses? What's the hardest to get used to?

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

When coming back from a hiatus, I usually lurk and read a ton of threads in the GCD, as it's a great place to learn about what's going on around the site from item releases to event information to issues/scandals/drama. If I'm truly puzzled about something that's happened, I'll just ask. xD

Ice-Cold Star

Well, there's tons of item guides if you need help catching up with items!

I'm not sure if there's much else to catch up on...
Manga might be able to help a little bit--and the Paparazzi thread!

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Mostly head straight for the GCD to catch up on the latest
forum news.
Then I head for one of Ridley's Master Chance Item List threads
as well as the Bundles threads to catch up on items I don't recognize anymore.

Although with the recent hyperinflation.
I also recommend going to the hyperinflation thread.
(which someone should link here...and I really should subscribe to) OTL
Get $20k and splurge to catch up.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

GCD threads, and SF are a very good place to start for catching up when coming
back from a hiatus.

You should go here if you need smile

Shirtless Hunter

logout again

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
monthly collectibles, mostly.

Angelic Nitemare

Hiatus?

Vas is dis?

Angelic Friend

I came back from a hiatus maybe a few months ago? When I came back, I immediately went to the forums (this one and the LD) to check on what's changed, etc.
I was able to read up on the drama that happened between some staff members and a few users - it was pretty crazy, and definitely entertaining, although I know a lot of people were fuming over what happened.
It made getting used to this s**t much easier, anyhow. Like, "Dang, so this is how it is now. Pretty extreme, but okay".

I mean, nothing on here can surprise me anymore honestly. They can start scamming users like crazy (some say they already are) and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

sweatdrop

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
When I came back from being away for years, GCD was my first stop. When I first joined, I sort of avoided the forums, but when I returned that was the only way I understood what was happening, so. My interests had changed to begin with, especially since the theaters were gone. gonk
I generally check GCD, exchange, vend, and q&a to see what's been going on. Exchange and vend give me ideas for what prices are like, and what some old stuff can sell for, gcd for finding new items/plot/event stuff, and q&a for if I have questions the other places didn't answer XD

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Usually, I catch up by looking at the new items...I peek into the forums to see what people are wearing, and follow where the marketplace takes me. Or I check the items on my wish list to see where they are now.

I haven't been on a proper hiatus for a few years now, but that's what I do when I miss a few weeks or a month of Gaia.

Unidrone's Wife

Seasonal Bard

13,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Clambake 200
Thanks for the advice and the links, everyone! The GCD's been really helpful. I'll keep trucking.

I've already got the thrill of "NEED THAT ITEM NOW" because apparently there was a Hobbit item while I was gone.

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
GCD for all of your information needs, Site Feedback and Guides and Resources for all of those amazing item lists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff