Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Raider

I lurk/read the GCD for a while to figure out Gaia's current state of affairs.

Then I run off to the marketplace to sell things I don't want and buy new pretties.

King Noob

- - -
Nothing.
I expect everything to roll back to match me.
- - -

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
I'm actually in the middle of experiencing a return from a long hiatus right now. Admittingly, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting back into since I've been watching Gaia's announcements through an RSS reader for the last year and a half, but the changes to the layout and the marketplace inflation came as a total surprise to me when I logged back in for the first time in a long while.

It's really thanks to the various threads in the GCD that I have a better idea of why things are the way they are right now and feel like I'm back up to speed again with current events.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Well, here is what I did. I took my hiatus very late in 2013 and came back around June of 2014.

My process:
1. Look at the 9 million gold my friend gave me in admiration.
2. Decide to go spend it all on sweet items.
3. Look at Marketplace.
4. Cry.

I was absolutely baffled, and I remember first finding out about this by seeing the price of ink. Just regular ink was worth millions! I made over 100 million easily, and I began buying a bunch of different items. The more stuff I sold, the more expensive items I could buy. People say you can't buy anything with 100 mil, but honestly I got a lot of neat little items. Emphasis on little, though.

I was shocked for a long time. My inventory at the time of my return, using tektek, was around 98 billion. My inventory now is estimated at a baffling trillion, and I can't even comprehend how that happened. Did I vend a bunch accidentally? Like, whaaaatttt? o_o

My advice for those returning:
1. If you don't like any items you own, sell them.
2. Collect Go Fusion charms from the Daily Chance. The items presented there will often be a profit compared to selling the charms outright, but feel free to do what you want to do. You can even make mules to get more charms (but not an insane amount)
3. The Marketplace SUCKS and it comes as a terrible shock, but you will get used to it, and you WILL be able to afford great items someday. I started at 9 million upon my return, so think about it. :33
4. This one is probably the most important, but keep up to date. Read the GCD and SF to learn what's going on, and what you can do.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
When I came back last year, the very first place I headed was the GCD to catch up on what happened. I usually asked in threads themselves about what happened to the economy instead of making a repeat thread. I quickly caught up. I came at the very very start of when Flynnflation started so I've been on the scary inflation train since then.

Consumer

14,925 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I sell my inventory and buy new shinies.
Or play the market to get gold to buy new shinies.
I also lurk the AT and the GCD

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

Even when I stop caring at all about gaia I still log in like once a day to see what new stuff is going on.
I haven't actually taken a break from gaia longer then 14 days in a long time... cat_xd
Mage Arod
SO I am back after about 2 years (I peeked in a little bit in 13, and then a bit this summer, where I went eek and stepped back out). But I do miss Gaia, and while I feel like I've got an idea about the changes in the economy now, I'm trying to figure out how else to catch up.

How do you catch up after a long (or short) hiatus? How do you find all the items you misses? What's the hardest to get used to?
I just came back after 4+.... Welcome back

Unidrone's Wife

Seasonal Bard

13,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Clambake 200
guccimang
Mage Arod
SO I am back after about 2 years (I peeked in a little bit in 13, and then a bit this summer, where I went eek and stepped back out). But I do miss Gaia, and while I feel like I've got an idea about the changes in the economy now, I'm trying to figure out how else to catch up.

How do you catch up after a long (or short) hiatus? How do you find all the items you misses? What's the hardest to get used to?

Thanks- you too!

Things don't seem so dismal after I've started selling some of my old event items.
Mage Arod
guccimang
Mage Arod

Thanks- you too!

Things don't seem so dismal after I've started selling some of my old event items.
Prices are so inflated ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces