that isn't a question 0.31147540983607 31.1% [ 19 ]
there is nothing to debate here 0.21311475409836 21.3% [ 13 ]
Torse is offering pollgold stop complaining 0.47540983606557 47.5% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Dapper Nerd

Torse
nallan
I usually just log out if I've read/replied to all the topics that interest me. Or I go nit pick at my avi. Ughhh, I really wish the GCD and AT weren't so darn slow. emotion_donotwant GCD and AT have always been slow moving forums, but I swear it's gotten worse. I came back from a hiatus recently and I really don't remember the AT and GCD being this slow. I wish I was better at thinking of topics to discuss. But I've always been mostly a lurker anyways, not a topic poster. ninja

I think it's gotten worse too. v_v

What kind of topics do you enjoy replying to?
Have any favorites from over the years?

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Oh gosh, well, I do enjoy replying to fun/interesting themed rate threads in the AT. 3nodding And I basically just reply to anything that catches my fancy in the GCD. Like, topics that are positive about the community.There's a lot of drama and bs going on right now and I tend to avoid that. Granted, I take a look to stay informed, but I don't get sucked in.
Favorites over the years? Hmm, nothing that comes to mind right now. I might think of something later, but my memory is foggy.
What about you? Favorite topics? Topics you enjoy replying too?

Wheezing Member

TheMainCharacter1
What do you do in the event of having replied to or at least read everything there is to read?

I lurk around GCD, CB, SF, AC. I post sometimes if the topic interests me enough and I'm always posting in the Art Contest forum because it's my source of gold. If I read everything for that day I go on Youtube and play the "how long it will take me to get to the weird part of Youtube." I might come back just to see if there are more replies.

Comments on general forum slowness?

Don't care.

Possible dwindling userbase?

Maybe. There are a lot of people who say they are done with this site yet they are still here. I don't care as long as the people I talk to are still here.

Lurker : poster ratios?

60:40 ?
As a lurker I can safely say we are always there watching you posters. emotion_c8

Ideas for threads that you think should be made but you are really too busy/lazy to do so?

How much we love Gaia lol

I think every topic has been made so far.

I've never been to the AC surprised
Torse is an awful Gaian
Is that user-based or does it have to do with the art arena?
I love the weird part of Youtube.. but I always come across it randomly and can never find it intentionally.
emotion_donotwant

Fair enough!

Also fair.

Creepy.
But expected.
I've actually seen a few threads regarding "what you love about Gaia"!
pfpfpf all topics can't have been made!
we just simply haven't thought of them yet ;d

What sort of threads do you like the most?
Any favorite thread of all time?

Wheezing Member

Bowie-Spawan

I recommend you read all the recent updates, there were flashbacks with adorable kid!Nyx XD

omg D:
WANT.

I might. Later.
Maybe.
Depends on how soon guyfriend gets on skype to play video games
ninja

Gatekeeper

Torse
Hey!
I'm saying you have a memorable name!
I just have an awful memory!

I'm not a good judge of funny or creative.. but you seem quite nice/interesting in the few sentences I've exchanged with you!
4laugh

I've never played Rift.. I heard a lot of mixed reviews about it though. All of the bad reviews were mostly people coming from other MMOs though. So I'm not sure if they disliked it just because it wasn't the same. Never heard of Forsaken World!

What's your opinion of the current plot and what was your favorite part of all time? :3

ohmigosh you're totally right.
Kid Jak will have to deal with some octopi and squid love. cause they need some lovin
mad

Aww, thank you! You're making me blush 4laugh

I heard a lot of mixed things about it too going in but I personally ended up loving Rift and I come from a long background of various MMOs. My second favourite I've ever played after Runes of Magic. Which MMOs do you play (if any currently)? /staying off-topic, come at me Gaia.

The current plot has definitely been my favourite and it makes me sad the treatment it ended up getting (ie. not being updated until some kickstarter made it go etc). Compared to the other plots, I just love that the Airship Saga ended up being a background story on the Kuros and the various Gods and it included a lot of fan favourite NPCs (Zhivago emotion_kirakira ). It really fleshed out Gaia as a created plot world as opposed to storylines like the Zurg (which were fun, but not as productively world building imo). I'm just happy Gaia decided to even finish it though regardless of anything 4laugh

If anything Kid Jak will understand the squid and octopi struggle the best ; _; They definitely need some loving.

Insert uninspired hentai joke here.

Wheezing Member

Ren Orenji Doragon
Reading every single word you post. Lurking! Duh! emotion_awesome

What do I want? Creative ideas! Engaging discussion! Something new!
Oh, and absolutely no drama/hate/flame wars.
Good luck. lol

D8
im scared

WELL.
You've come to the wrong place!
emotion_awesome

Though there was quite a bit of drama regarding teh 133TGate thread /dismissivehandwave.

Annnd I've got a couple of ideas picked out and listed at the bottom of the first post now... ;d
Hopefully someone will take one of those and run with it!

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,740 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Torse

Oh. 8I
The fandom is fine I just..
Miss the real thing.
ohwell.
How active are those sort of threads btw?

Ah. Well.. at least they look? I guess. I'm not actually sure that I feel any better now. ;v
I don't mean to poop on the "stand together and be awesome" parade.. but I've pretty much given up hope on them changing anytime this year. Bleh. I'll keep doing my little boycott thing though, and protesting where I can.. but I keep seeing the number of protestors/upset Gaians increase.. and yet no results. I'm completely clueless of Gaia's motives right now and even more clueless on how to help more. v_v

Ahh so that's what the SoP is all about. (I know - Torse is terrible for not even glancing at it ;;>_> ) They need to get their finances together first and foremost imo. Seems to be the route of most problems. Bah.

I mean item distribution between both avatar types would be amazing. And just because I personally don't use Paw avatars, doesn't mean it's not an issue!

that depends, I mean I can mostly speak for E-Corp since I am involved there. But I guess around events they are most active, running there own contests and whatever. There are guilds, maybe you should check em out yourself.

I guess they see how much they can push us before we actually leave or resist. they want profit, and they are going to get it, they are on the long end here. But we still have each other and at least that they cant take from us. Also I believe that a good portion of the staff is not happy with how things go either. as I said its eventually not their decisions but the ones from the people on top. So I keep hoping that things will get better sometime. most likely not this year, no, but in the future. I dont think that gaia can keep its users at this rate forever. so that being said they will be forced to change something for the better at some point. and therefore I think every bit of resistance and trrying is worth it.

SOP is what I am into most atm. The plot and the community are Gaias two hearts so to say and if they remove one of those, they wont be able to keep all this alive much longer. I guess they will try to make us pay for more plot to make more profit. no idea how much money they already made with all the CS stuff, but i bet its enough to pay a few artists to draw some manga. tho I have really no idea....

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Torse

That sounds a lot like some parts of the United States... ;d
Also I'm p. sure Leo Decap. was in a "if R&J took place in the 90s in Florida" movie
I'm not sure if it was worth mentioning though :b

I did like that movie

Quote:
not just Fish
we Love
Fish,
Animal bases,
Recolored fail Items,
Touching Ships.

and a few other things.
and The MisFished how did you miss that one xd

hm. Fish animal bases would be cute o 3o
recolored fail items?
Like terrible recolors?
or terrible items - Now in new colors!
orrrr a recolor of those WTF hats from a long time ago?

they would be so cute Mini little lionbacks
and rig fail items that would look cool in different colors.

Mishfishts.
that's like a really difficult way to say 'mishits' though.
You're better at this than I!

well it is Pretty Hit or Fish

Hah!
Aren't you just full of beautiful 1 liners.
That's the best kind of liners.
cool

I hits them when I sees thems

I would be way more interested in the plot of they were shopkeepers/world map changes.
Basically if there was any sort of dynamic... site.. interaction with the NPCs in the manga.
I'm having a brain fart for that wording. SORREH.
There is not much investment beyond gambino and edmund.

pft. I only use a mouse to draw.
even though I have a tablet.
I'm too lazy to plug it in.
emo

also talent doesn't matter in this case. it would be too silly to take seriously.

What? this is serious business you know.

Wheezing Member

Bee Movie Suit
I'd call it less of vending and more of a mental problem. I have this bad habit of hoarding and every once in awhile, I'll just go to the "All listing" tabs and pick up every item under 5g. I figure the random gold gained while surfing the site makes up for the tiny purchases, so I don't lose too much gold that way and still have enough for questing. sweatdrop redface

I'll usually jump between Q&A and Bug/Glitch Report to see if there's anyone I can maybe help out or give advice to, maybe redirect them to where they need to go. Usually the Q&A snipers beat me to it but I try. Otherwise I'll usually lurk around the GCD and SF, see what's new, if there's any drama or events going on or that I missed. In the CB, usually I target the giveaway and freebie threads, see if I have any luck in those, if not just chat and have some fun.

Nothing too exciting, but it somehow still keeps me here. emotion_c8

ooooh gurlll
I think a lot of people have that "problem" since the recent economic events.
talk2hand

We should make a hoarders anonymous group
emotion_awesome
thought it wouldn't really be anonymous...

Ohhh we got another Q&A'r!
How many "wut happuned to the market?!?" threads do ya'll get over there?

honestly I'm glad that there's some new drama going around (regarding the 133TGate thing), it spices things up a bit. However disappointed in the company, it's not completely dull in here ;3
Do you care much for the plot at all? Or just general site-wide excitement/topics?

Wheezing Member

GUYS.

I have to actually do work now.
it was sooo slow today. until now anyway!

I'll try to catch up later, tomorrow at the latest.
heart

Hoarding Hoarder

Torse

ooooh gurlll
I think a lot of people have that "problem" since the recent economic events.
talk2hand

We should make a hoarders anonymous group
emotion_awesome
thought it wouldn't really be anonymous...

Ohhh we got another Q&A'r!
How many "wut happuned to the market?!?" threads do ya'll get over there?

honestly I'm glad that there's some new drama going around (regarding the 133TGate thing), it spices things up a bit. However disappointed in the company, it's not completely dull in here ;3
Do you care much for the plot at all? Or just general site-wide excitement/topics?

I'd love to see a hoarders group. emotion_dowant I actually have always wished to see in how they have that Featured User/Event/Guild/Shop nominee thing, that they would add different categories to them such as like Hoarders, Game maniacs, Dumpster Divers, other quirky things users try to accomplish. Instead of all the nominees you see for usually just generosity or the list makers.

As for the Q&A, I usually ignore the inflation/what did I miss threads and try to go for the onse that are actually having issues. Repeat topics are annoying though they can't be helped sometimes. Maybe if the staff communticated more, but we've seen how well that's been. I'll admit I've completely given up on trying to answer profile questions, especially the how do I put music in them threads. emotion_drool

And yes! I love the plot! I always get excited when the manga updates and then furious of the cliffhangers they leave it on. I've always been a sucker for the plot, but sadly don't really discuss it much. I'll lurk in the threads about it, but that's about it.

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
Torse

I've never been to the AC surprised
Torse is an awful Gaian
Is that user-based or does it have to do with the art arena?
I love the weird part of Youtube.. but I always come across it randomly and can never find it intentionally.
emotion_donotwant

Fair enough!

Also fair.

Creepy.
But expected.
I've actually seen a few threads regarding "what you love about Gaia"!
pfpfpf all topics can't have been made!
we just simply haven't thought of them yet ;d

What sort of threads do you like the most?
Any favorite thread of all time?

AC=Art Contest forums
Don't know if other people call it AC lol
I go to that part everyday that I'm not surprise what people would put on video anymore emotion_kirakira
I'm the awful Gaian who didn't even notice we had a News forum.
How about a topic about if you put frosting on a muffin would it be a cupcake? I don't know. lol
I like art threads or drama ones. Just sitting there reading through them /insert randomly eating popcorn gif
The first one that pop in my mind is this one. Gangstar
There are probably better ones but can't think of them right now,

Wheezing Member

Sand Dancer Shaka
I've never watched it xd

Oh, yeah I create a few things now and then. For myself, I don't do commissions anymorezzzz.... People don't wanna pay a lot and I don't wanna draw for too little. I find drawing for others, at times, a bit demotivating. There've been plenty of times where people haven't liked what I've done but just not said it out loud (I know whatcha all thinkin' yo). Of course, there have been instances where people have really love them as well and those were awesome, but these days I don't have the time so I'd rather draw something that I'd enjoy/inspired to draw xd

Running a freebie thread is a good alternative to make new friends. I used to make a lot more connections when I used to enter art contests.Freebies are actually way more gratifying than paid fors I've noticed

Oh, really? Some item suggestion threads are nice because they're a bit more general, like casual wear for autumn, like x/ y/ z, it allows for your suggestions as well. Cross-stitch, I admit, I never got into... Iurked for a while but it seemed very clique-y to me. As someone who's abrasive like me that's not for me rofl

I'M BACK BRIEFLY

It's pretty funny. Unless you're not into gore. Then it's very not funny. D:

Aww sorry to hear. I actually avoid drawing for others due to the demotivating thing. And the gold thing.
and tbh I just don't have the attention span to finish a single drawing for anyone, not even myself.
...Which is why crappy doodles are so great!
4laugh

Yeah! Isn't that weird though? Some people get super excited over anything they get, even if it sucks! I guess because they go into it with no expectations, and don't have to pay for it. Oh. then I guess it does make sense. I talk myself out of things frequently 8I

oh yeah. I saw the autumn item suggestion thread, that was a good one! I guess I was looking more into the ticket areas/old cross stitch stuff.. or maybe I'm just assuming too much about the designs xb

I miss the Cross Stitch contests just because a lot of the items that came out of that were unique and for the gold shops! D:
rip

ohh~ did you participate in that "what would your ideal MC be?" thread?
I wish they'd host more of those

Wheezing Member

Ambiverted
usually i'll read through anything in gcd, sf, sometimes cb, and occasionally avatar talk though that can make me feel like a creep when there's casual conversation.
I used to love reading GCD before it became super item focused. There would be threads about other site features, discussing more general opinions, and there were just more topics regularly in general. Oh and the endless stream of meta threads and meta-meta threads where we'd talk about ourselves- that was always a good read. I think i was a bit more active in posting at that time too

AT can be super.. tight-knit at times D8
It seems like whenever someone posts a new topic, there's like 20 inside jokes and names and stuff that I should know before commenting.

Well. they haven't had much else going on Gaia besides releasing items.
emotion_awesome
I've seen some people blame the GCD (I guess the regs?? I'm not really sure who was being called out) for not having any new plot threads or whatever.. but what else is there that directly relates to Gaia?

"Oh man did you guys read this one announcement?? I think Jet and Flynn are totally getting it on"
pfpfpf

okay I know what "meta" means, usually in reference to video game mechanics.. but not sure what it means when talking about Gaians. care to explain?
;x

Wheezing Member

Erailea
general skulking. Lol. Usually hang around to see the CS update threads. I run a Leg and Arm mod Guide that I update when I get time, so subscribing to the threads help me keep up to date. There also tend to be more interesting threads in here that are active than in other areas... and the general community sense is better (Site Feedback is just filled with baaaaad mojo )

ohhh that's your guide?

I think I used it once to double check that I had all the critter stuff you found (for my monster item list)
ninja

Unfortunately I haven't gotten into many of the more frequently threads in the GCD.
I just don't care enough about the plot emo
And yes, SF has some very well thought out arguments/whatever.. but more often than not it's a whoooole lot of mad.
But I can't really blame them... v_v
They should just make an official poll for general topics like gold gens etc, and redirect all related discussion to those.
I suppose they already know the answers though haha

Wheezing Member

Menstrual Cramps

User Image

emotion_kirakira MY THREAD WAS READ, YOUR EYES TOUCHED MY WORDS.
It's starting to get serious now.

But that's how I feel most days. I've noticed the GCD has been a lot slower.

'sho was!
btw don't take anything I say about that to heart... I have a very weak tolerance for negativity and freak out easily haha
ninja

Yeahh... as I've mentioned somewhere sometime ago I still check it for updates, I'm really happy that you're as dedicated as you are to figuring out these shennanigans o 3o
buuut I've just decided to chill on the side lines for the actual debate part

have you had any favorite threads recently/ever?
or anything you normally like to read?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces