Now with a poll!

that isn't a question 0.31147540983607 31.1% [ 19 ]
there is nothing to debate here 0.21311475409836 21.3% [ 13 ]
Torse is offering pollgold stop complaining 0.47540983606557 47.5% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Wheezing Member

nallan
Hahaha, I'd be amused if that happened! Some people really do get their panties in a knot over matching, though. It can lead to some funny posts.
I like the topic ideas generated so far. Some look pretty interesting. I hope so! That would be neat.
I hope it's one day soon. A lot of the features on Gaia are neglected. emotion_8c
I can just imagine Jack building a castle out of all those pants. Or even a town. Jack's Pants Town. Kingdom of Pants. Pantsland!

I stopped giving a crap after the inflation started 8D
There are items with like.. a handful of exact color matches on all of Gaia.
..and chances are good that I can afford none of them!
So I started going for minimal clutter/style/texture/whatever it is that I do. Mostly just fun avatars.
To give the AT some credit, they seem to have gotten a lot better at catching on to other people's thought processes with avatars. That or I just incorrectly remember them being super strict/elitists back in the day haha.

A castle of pants-
KINGDOM OF PANTS
omg

ON THE TOPIC LIST

Mega Bit

Torse

I get really confused when people start the faux-insulting and I'm not really sure if it's okay to talk to OP like that or if this is something that was meant as a friends joke or-
I kinda feel bad for calling it out though.. like I'm trying to say people shouldn't talk directly to their friends in a slow-moving forum. Don't think it can be helped much.
I don't know if I'm in any guilds. I tried to apply to one and didn't get in.
So there's that I guess
emotion_awesome
Eh. It's the internet. I'm used to finding out that so-and-so got razor burn in their no-nos and someone has a disgusting ear discharge. I usually lurk the sketchier corners of the internet though. I guess I can't expect others to do the same.

Well.. the plot is thinning out. And apparently is going to end soon.
Bleh.
We need some off-the-wall conspiracy theories to get started up. Something to just bring some life into the forums.
The only 'paragraphs and paragraphs long op' I see anymore is in SF. And explaining what Gaia is doing wrong.
surprised
I actually enjoy reading some of those, they are very well thought out. But personally I never feel like I can think of anything else to add. Maybe it's just the particular topics.

Ah. Okay. That's a completely different meaning than what I was assuming.. I'm glad you explained haha.
Do you remember what any of those threads were about?

---

off topic:
My first </3 out of any thread I've ever made!
Woo!

so your post prompted me to go back through some old topics and hunt down the things that would be considered 'meta'. i think i posted in only one of them, but i remember reading them all. here are some links if you feel very bored some time:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/proactive-or-reactive-poster/t.77170135/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/i-hate-most-of-you/t.85137457/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/is-the-gcd-full-of-sheeple/t.81285807/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/meta-we-are-what-we-leave-behind/t.93608719/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/i-m-proud-of-you-gcd/t.77718023/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/why-i-find-the-gcd-to-be-so-lacking-of-content/t.78654683/

also going through my old gcd post history, i think i'm mistaken about threads having very long OP's. It's just that they're relatively longer compared to the majority of the OPs in current non-perma threads. I'm very much generalizing, but my feeling is that the first poster had a lot more to say in the past- at least more frequently than at present.

I want to see more crazy plot hypotheses. I am not super active in the plot realm, i read the whole manga through just one time, and couldn't make head or tail of a lot of it. It was a little too disjoint for me, which is disappointing because usually i get very involved in a good story. i'd like at some point to go through and read it all again!
also i want to give you props for having such an interactive thread, i wish there were discussions like this in GCD every day. so boo on that downvoter razz

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I will then ramble on about Diedrich, or sometimes hit up the CB and share my love for the D in there.

They tend to take that well. The CB loves the D.

Wheezing Member

Ambiverted
so your post prompted me to go back through some old topics and hunt down the things that would be considered 'meta'. i think i posted in only one of them, but i remember reading them all. here are some links if you feel very bored some time:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/proactive-or-reactive-poster/t.77170135/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/i-hate-most-of-you/t.85137457/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/is-the-gcd-full-of-sheeple/t.81285807/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/meta-we-are-what-we-leave-behind/t.93608719/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/i-m-proud-of-you-gcd/t.77718023/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/why-i-find-the-gcd-to-be-so-lacking-of-content/t.78654683/

also going through my old gcd post history, i think i'm mistaken about threads having very long OP's. It's just that they're relatively longer compared to the majority of the OPs in current non-perma threads. I'm very much generalizing, but my feeling is that the first poster had a lot more to say in the past- at least more frequently than at present.

I want to see more crazy plot hypotheses. I am not super active in the plot realm, i read the whole manga through just one time, and couldn't make head or tail of a lot of it. It was a little too disjoint for me, which is disappointing because usually i get very involved in a good story. i'd like at some point to go through and read it all again!
also i want to give you props for having such an interactive thread, i wish there were discussions like this in GCD every day. so boo on that downvoter razz

ohh I will definitely read some of those tomorrow!
My work tends to have some lulls (I'm waiting for answers that people aren't willing to give-dead in the water-yadda yadda) and I like having reading material. 3nodding
Some of those seem really interesting at first glance too!
Yeahhh I was thinking, in the videogame-to-Gaia-terms, that like.. the average type of person changed.
Like the "new-meta" GCDer would be the next-gen type of attitude? Or something idk xD

Well there was a lot more going on in the past wink
I honestly, even though several people have described some awesome things going on in the plot atm, do not think that the storyline is as deep as it used to be. or well.. at least before there were freakin murders to uncover and s**t. or something.
Torse gets worse with words as the day goes on. And starts off pretty bad with em!

Slick Southpaw mentioned I should head over to the SOP guild and come up with some crazy plots. I probably will this weekend. maybe I could see you there and we can develop plot bunnies~

daww thanks!
I know the topic is kinda vague, not well explained, and shallow at best.. but I'm trying, damnit!
8C

Wheezing Member

Hassli
I will then ramble on about Diedrich, or sometimes hit up the CB and share my love for the D in there.

Does Hassli ever take a break from campaign managing?
lovin the D seems more like a religion to me at this point
whee

also lolim12imlaughingatgaypenisjokes

Do you like commenting on any non-green topics?
About Diedrich, of course. But still.
:3

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

if that's the case, either go to another forum i don't usually go to or just go to tumblr. or mess with my invo.

or cry about my homework

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Torse
Hassli

Does Hassli ever take a break from campaign managing?
lovin the D seems more like a religion to me at this point
whee

also lolim12imlaughingatgaypenisjokes

Do you like commenting on any non-green topics?
About Diedrich, of course. But still.
:3
I put Diedrich where he doesn't belong.

TEHRE IS NO OFF BUTTON ON AWESOME!

Wheezing Member

minghii
if that's the case, either go to another forum i don't usually go to or just go to tumblr. or mess with my invo.

or cry about my homework

What sort of topics do you like replying to? :3
Anything in particular?

pffft
kids cryin about homework
>college dropout fo life

/sob

Tiny Friend

this thread is amusing! i like it
I WANT ANOTHER

Seeing that I've caught up to most of the threads here in GCD is
such a sad thing. I feel a great lack of engagement and force myself
to venture out in the wild. It's scary out there. Before it'd be in TWD
but the show is on hiatus until Octoberrrr. So I just stare at the GCD
until I cry and move on to something else.

What's there to comment about how GCD is so slow during back
to school season or when it's 3am EST and most people are sleeping? crying

I was going to answer the rest of the spoons but I'm really sweaty and needa shower.

PS. dat photoshopping so good, lemme commission them. emotion_zombie

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Torse
minghii

or cry about my homework

What sort of topics do you like replying to? :3
Anything in particular?

pffft
kids cryin about homework
>college dropout fo life

/sob

I dunno, anything I have something to reply to xD

Animation is harrrrd

Wheezing Member

minghii
I dunno, anything I have something to reply to xD

Animation is harrrrd

Fair enough, good sir!

I'd talk more about college and s**t but this is GCD and it's already pretty chatty in here
ninja
I'm afraid of being moved to CB blegh!

Wheezing Member

tiny grass
this thread is amusing! i like it
I WANT ANOTHER

Seeing that I've caught up to most of the threads here in GCD is
such a sad thing. I feel a great lack of engagement and force myself
to venture out in the wild. It's scary out there. Before it'd be in TWD
but the show is on hiatus until Octoberrrr. So I just stare at the GCD
until I cry and move on to something else.

What's there to comment about how GCD is so slow during back
to school season or when it's 3am EST and most people are sleeping? crying

I was going to answer the rest of the spoons but I'm really sweaty and needa shower.

PS. dat photoshopping so good, lemme commission them. emotion_zombie

Unfortunately I can only keep up with one thread at a time.
emo
Torse is simple minded, slow, and not good with words.
buuuut I'm collecting a list of topic ideas in main post~
winkwinknudgewonkwink

omg
I had a panic
and a brain fart
I thought TWD was "twilight discussion"
and then realized it was "The Walking Dead"
xb

don't cry.. brainstorm!
morewinking

eh. It's been slow all year. I don't think it has much to do with school or timezones.
Like the same threads from last week are still on page one, with not too many new replies. v_v
This is in most forums, except maybe exchange and chatterbox.

I'm sweaty and want a shower and its in use uwughhhhh

PS I KNOW RIGHT?
Commission them how? I'd have to contact my agents, see if the artists have any openings.
emotion_dealwithit

Dapper Nerd

Torse
nallan
Hahaha, I'd be amused if that happened! Some people really do get their panties in a knot over matching, though. It can lead to some funny posts.
I like the topic ideas generated so far. Some look pretty interesting. I hope so! That would be neat.
I hope it's one day soon. A lot of the features on Gaia are neglected. emotion_8c
I can just imagine Jack building a castle out of all those pants. Or even a town. Jack's Pants Town. Kingdom of Pants. Pantsland!

I stopped giving a crap after the inflation started 8D
There are items with like.. a handful of exact color matches on all of Gaia.
..and chances are good that I can afford none of them!
So I started going for minimal clutter/style/texture/whatever it is that I do. Mostly just fun avatars.
To give the AT some credit, they seem to have gotten a lot better at catching on to other people's thought processes with avatars. That or I just incorrectly remember them being super strict/elitists back in the day haha.

A castle of pants-
KINGDOM OF PANTS
omg

ON THE TOPIC LIST

Yep, pretty much. And, your avi is lookin' good. cool I like it. The minimal clutter/style/texture/whatever it is that you do is working.
AT has gotten tons better. They're more relaxed and open minded as a whole now. No, you're right, they were way more elitist and strict back in the day.
Yay! I'm homored to be on the Topic List~

Mega Bit

Torse

ohh I will definitely read some of those tomorrow!
My work tends to have some lulls (I'm waiting for answers that people aren't willing to give-dead in the water-yadda yadda) and I like having reading material. 3nodding
Some of those seem really interesting at first glance too!
Yeahhh I was thinking, in the videogame-to-Gaia-terms, that like.. the average type of person changed.
Like the "new-meta" GCDer would be the next-gen type of attitude? Or something idk xD

Well there was a lot more going on in the past wink
I honestly, even though several people have described some awesome things going on in the plot atm, do not think that the storyline is as deep as it used to be. or well.. at least before there were freakin murders to uncover and s**t. or something.
Torse gets worse with words as the day goes on. And starts off pretty bad with em!

Slick Southpaw mentioned I should head over to the SOP guild and come up with some crazy plots. I probably will this weekend. maybe I could see you there and we can develop plot bunnies~

daww thanks!
I know the topic is kinda vague, not well explained, and shallow at best.. but I'm trying, damnit!
8C

yeah! I want to get more involved in plot related stuff, i want more crazy plot hypotheses. i've been thinking about re-reading the manga recently, maybe i should get to it sooner rather than later 8D. Do you know any threads that have an events timeline or something to fill in some of the disjoints? like i remember someone said that a long time ago, some plot elements were developed through the npc interaction? i can't even begin to think of all the back reading there is to do outside of the manga..like every EI/REI story, the early events etc

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Generally when the GCD is slow or I've read all the threads I wanted to, I'll open caches in my inventory for a while until I get bored. Then I'll double check the GCD, and if nothing has been posted/replied to, I'll generally wander away to read some fanfiction. I have like 9 stories open at the moment because of wanting to read them/bouncing around on stories because I can have the attention span of a gnat. Usually every half hour or so I'll wander back to the GCD and refresh the page. xD

I've been tempted to start up a fanthread for my favorite NPC, but I'm just kinda crap at setting up threads like that. That, and there hasn't been any updates to Prize & Joy in a while and no one cares about Cards any longer other than me. (At least, it feels like that because hardly anyone knows who he is any longer.)

Sometimes I'll pop into the D-Party thread to bug Hassli for fun. xD

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas