Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Winner

Personally, I don't really mind.
If the user is good or lucky enough, he or she can have as much of tickets s/he want.
I don't see the point of capping the amount of tickets of a user can hold.

Since Cross Stitch started, I'm not a fan of user-made items because they only think about themselves and what they want on this site, thus they create stuffs they think should be added here.
Usually I'm a hippie who have zero percent of matching taste with those winning users.
I do have a thing for Wayward Son and Forest Witch, though. A few of the items in Cross are my favourites as well.
User BRAIN's taste totally doesn't match mine even a bit so I can ignore them easily, except the wings recolour.
I'm just feel that the tickets are somehow wasted, since the items are all BRAIN-washing.
Then again, he gets those tickets so he can have fun with it, no big deal.

On topic, I'm only interested in the Sapphire Ticket which lets users create an EI (hell of EI fan //shot).
If I ever get that much of tickets I'd kill and sell for items for my avatar cosplays, or maybe trade for Sapphire Ticket.
Again, considering my very-odd tastes, I'd create an EI that no one agrees with. rofl

Animal Animal

27,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
It is "fair" because B R A I N got those tickets by legitimate means and used them as he saw fit, there's nothing wrong with that.

It is "unfair" because not every user has as many means to get tickets as B R A I N. Of course, he is not to blame for this (Gaia's terrible economic system is the real culprit), but still, the inequity of conditions make the whole ticket issue unfair; he/she who has more will get tickets, he/she who doesn't won't.

So yeah, I think it the whole ticket thing is unfair, but in that unfairness, B R A I N's acquisition and usage of the items are fair and just, and as long as the whole system isn't fixed, we can't and mustn't blame B R A I N. Hope I'm getting my point across.

Now, on to my opinion on the matter:

In short: I think B R A I N's items are (mostly) a waste of tickets.

B R A I N could, can and will do whatever he pleases with his tickets, and that's okey, it is only natural that he makes items for himself, he has no obligations to catter to everyone's tastes. But (in my opinion) the poses in his items are terrible and stale (with few exceptions). I'm already tired of 03 recolors and rehashes of old items, I don't want to plaster B R A I N's face all over my avatar nor I want seventy three golden donuts over my head, with a miniature B R A I N hanging from the lowest one. The thing is getting old.

B R A I N, you already had your fun and you can't keep doing this forever (there's only so many halos you can stack over an avatar's head), well, you probably can but I'm hoping you don't. Take a break, leave the ticket game, at least for a while, rest a bit and come back with a vengeance. There are many users out there with great, creative, innovative and fresh ideas, just waiting for a ticket to use them, let's give them their time to shine. Of course, this is only a suggestion, feel free to disregard it.

Aaaaaaaand, that's it.

Time-traveling Senshi

Here's the thing a lot of you don't understand when it comes to him. After maybe the first three or so it stopped being his gold and his money being used to get them. It's now other people's gold, items, and money being used for his Tickets. He has benefactors, sponsors, customers what have you that spend their time, gold, and real money to get the tickets and then they hand them over to him. The ones who use the Rainbow Tickets as currency now for the limited to 25 only items, if that's how they want to use their Tickets then so be it. However, others are giving him Tickets they've either won by spending hundreds on bundles, bought with the massive amount of Halos they now own, or get in exchange for their own limited to 25 only items.

I know of one person who constantly is "sponsoring" nearly everything he does lately and yet I haven't heard of them actually redeeming any Tickets; they go to him it seems. Maybe he works out deals with these people to give them one of the 25 items, I don't know. I just know every so often he has another two or three of them to redeem and then he gets very impatient when Gaia doesn't accept his redemption within a few weeks of sending off that email.

So yes, a person can do what they want with the Tickets once they're in their hands but you do have to realize now that it's stopped being his money and gold that's getting them quite a few months ago.

Shadowy Lunatic

his money, his gold, his items, his ticket
i dont know BRAIN personally but i have seen him around and those items r so him

he made and recolored items he wanted
maybe he didnt put thought into it, like, "would others like these items?"
but who gives a solid f****?
if u dont like the items, its gaia that wont make money off of his bundles not u

hell i like the d-tail with BRAIN on it
its cute
wouldnt mind owning it either
but considering how much it cost, nah, man, nah

so ppl take a deep breath and know very well if u win a ticket u will be scrutinized as much as BRAIN is being right now

so pipe the f*** down!

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I don't care about brain since he's just a troll/persona but... i don't want to see too much of his stuff either. Mostly, i want to see variety and some creativity from others.

I am glad that brain has made some usable items, like the stacked halo doll and the golden items.

Really im torn between "people should do what they like" and seeing the same sort of stuff over and over. It may originally be luck, but then tickets often filter to the wealthiest users...

Maybe have alternative ways of getting tickets?

Aged Zealot

Do you believe there should be a limited to how many tickets one can use? Why or why not?
I understand my opinion on this is unpopular, because of the obvious work that goes in to getting a ticket in the first place, but yeah, I think a cap should have been put on tickets. 1 ticket of each type per person. So you can cash in a Rainbow, Lapis and Obsidian, but you can't have a monopoly on them because you have some cult following. (sorry if that term offends anyone.) The top 1% of gaians are cycling through these tickets and items are showing that. Some recolored items have been pretty unique, but for the most part I think the 99% of gaians that don't get to see these tickets in any facet are a little justified in their frustration that the same people are getting these tickets.

If you had as many tickets, would you make as many items as you’d like or would you sell to others to give them a chance?
I'm an art whore. Chances are I would do art contests and use the more minor tickets as prizes. But I have a few friends on the poorer side that are incredibly talented and inspired. At one point there was an agreement between many people that Swagless (who helped design the item Squirt Fest) would be given the ticket if we ever happened across one. But no, I likely wouldn't have the heart to just make a s**t ton of items and ignore other gaians. If anything I would love to do a design contest and winners design would be used for the ticket.

Feral Kitty

VVhip
To be honest, on one hand whoever has a ticket should be able to redeem it, no matter how many they have before.

On the other hand I'm over seeing the same group of rich users win, not anything against them as it stands since they're just having fun and that's not a bad thing, it just makes it more obvious to me how weighted to the already rich these features are. Which in turn reminds me that real life is like that, and I come to gaia to avoid real life wink I'd rather see a wider variety of folks win, or possibly a different pool of folks, by having the tickets as prizes for an art or writing competition or something.

It's kind of a pay your way to celebrity kinda thing that turns me off. Not for me, I don't want celebrity. Had I a ticket, I'd sell or use it on a mule rather than on this account specifically to avoid my name on it.

Had I many tickets, and were it within site rules, I'd hold a design competition, with the proviso that the winners would have their design submitted on their behalf by me (to ensure the item got made), with a -by [their username] to describe it, and they would receive all but one copy of their item so I might keep a copy for myself (my main selfish act), and they'd also get any proceeds from its Cash Shop sale if there was one. edit: and I wouldn't be the only judge. I'd enlist the help of a few artists and good folks, with an item payment of some form to those people for their help because they'd not be allowed to enter either.

I really love the design competition idea. If only the users who had tickets were a bit more considerate(am I even using the right word? lol)

Feral Kitty

Junnov
Why is this even a topic?

If he have 10000000000000 tickets, he can do whatever he wants with them.
There is no reason this should be a topic.

People need to stop their bullshit.

This is a topic to get the point that if you own a ticket or if you own a lot of tickets, you should be allowed to make whatever you want. It's also to start a discussion about what the community thinks and if you have even bothered to read my post or a single post in here, you can see people agree with me.
idk who this guy is but he looks like he's having fun cat_surprised
as for ticket limits and such, I don't think there needs to be one, I can see how it would annoy some users but it's all in good fun I think, he has the tickets and is allowed to do as he wishes with them /shrugs/ did gaia not anticipate this?
and if I got the tickets, hmmm, I'm not that creative tbh I would probably just sell them, or make a decent shaved head item, yeah, that's probably what I'd do, I really want a decent, plain, nice looking shaved head :3c a Ronan Lynch item haha ~the dream ~

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
I actually don't pay enough attention to know who the richest users are right now.

GO

Why is this even a topic?

If he have 10000000000000 tickets, he can do whatever he wants with them.
There is no reason this should be a topic.

People need to stop their bullshit.

Stellar Succubus

To be honest, on one hand whoever has a ticket should be able to redeem it, no matter how many they have before.

On the other hand I'm over seeing the same group of rich users win, not anything against them as it stands since they're just having fun and that's not a bad thing, it just makes it more obvious to me how weighted to the already rich these features are. Which in turn reminds me that real life is like that, and I come to gaia to avoid real life wink I'd rather see a wider variety of folks win, or possibly a different pool of folks, by having the tickets as prizes for an art or writing competition or something.

It's kind of a pay your way to celebrity kinda thing that turns me off. Not for me, I don't want celebrity. Had I a ticket, I'd sell or use it on a mule rather than on this account specifically to avoid my name on it.

Had I many tickets, and were it within site rules, I'd hold a design competition, with the proviso that the winners would have their design submitted on their behalf by me (to ensure the item got made), with a -by [their username] to describe it, and they would receive all but one copy of their item so I might keep a copy for myself (my main selfish act), and they'd also get any proceeds from its Cash Shop sale if there was one. edit: and I wouldn't be the only judge. I'd enlist the help of a few artists and good folks, with an item payment of some form to those people for their help because they'd not be allowed to enter either.

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
I feel it is within his right (or anyone's) to do what they wish with the tickets, but being that I am not a B R A I N supporter or fangirl, I really don't like the items at all, so I won't be purchasing them.

That said, even though it is a user's right to do as they wish with their potential ticket, I do wish they would put some consideration in for other users. I mean, you want the item to be popular and loved and worn by lots of people, so why not come up with items that are useable by a large base of users?

I also don't get any of the 'in-jokes' for his items, so I find them tacky and not worth purchasing, but I would never tell him (or another user) what they should or shouldn't design.

It does disappoint me that some of us poor users who can't afford the Cash Shop items (sorry, but I got bills and student loan debt to sort through) or the ludicrous prices in the MP for the tickets don't ever seem to get a chance at designing an item, a pet, etc.

It's just like real life, I guess.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I would love if the same six people would refrain from obtaining/redeeming the tickets. Not that any of the items to come out of the tickets have been my style to begin with. I'm frankly, tired of the entire concept and waste of overall potential.

Screaming a lewd joke doesn't make it funnier.

Supreme Witch

25,765 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Hellraiser 500
User Image

I would probably sell my ticket right away. I don't have any good idea anyway for making an item. And i am pretty sure that even if i had some ideas for making an item no one would actually care for buying it and i totally understand them lol

B R A I N is pretty lucky! And he can do want he wants with his IRL money/gold. He seem to have a huge fanbase so ... I am happy for him actually smile Thats cool that some gaians have the opportunity to make their own items more than once.

IRL there will be always some ppl more lucky or richer than others. So it's kinda normal to see these types of things happening here. Nothing unusual ....

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces