Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Kitty

Before I start typing anything out, I may get a lot of hate or the outcome may be completely opposite. This is my opinion what-so-ever.

With today’s Cash Shop update, we got a somewhat unexpected update, BRAIN’s COCKerel and three bundles dedicated to B R A I N himself. We all know he is one of the few richest people on this site and with that being said, there are some of us who really admire him and there are some of us who despise him, who dislike him in some way, shape, or form. We all know B R A I N has acquired many tickets to make many items (all listed here) to his liking. He may have bought them, won them from the rigs, or received them as a gift which means they’re his and he should be able to use them as he wishes. But should we, as gaians, get angry at B R A I N? I mean, it’s not his fault, they are his tickets after all. I have seen people making comments such as “it’s unfair he gets to make this many items” but as I have mentioned before, they’re his tickets, so I don’t believe we should be angry with him.

I believe whoever grabs a hold of the tickets should be given the power to create any item they like and as many as they want. I find it completely unfair if they only have a limit.

Note: Any abusive language towards B R A I N in NOT allowed. You will be reported.

tl;dr
        Should someone with so many tickets be allowed to make as many items as they wish or should they have a limited to how many they can use?

Discussion
        gaia_spoons Do you believe there should be a limited to how many tickets one can use? Why or why not?
        gaia_spoons If you had as many tickets, would you make as many items as you’d like or would you sell to others to give them a chance?
        gaia_spoons Any comments or discussion related to the topic is welcomed.

Angelic Nitemare

I believe he can make what he wants. I get the joke behind some of his items. Not my style, to be sure, but they are HIS style, which is the point of the tickets.

The tickets are his to do with what he sees fit.

And I can speak my mind on it with my purchase choices. His style is not my style, and I will stick to what I like. And I can hope he'd not hold that against me either.

Perfect Saint

If they get the tickets, they can use the tickets. If you don't like the items, then don't buy the items.

Feral Kitty

Ridley Starsmore
I believe he can make what he wants. I get the joke behind some of his items. Not my style, to be sure, but they are HIS style, which is the point of the tickets.

And I can speak my mind on it with my purchase choices. His style is not my style, and I will stick to what I like. And I can hope he'd not hold that against me either.

I completely agree and I feel others should too. As you have said, he made this his style and since they are his tickets, it shouldn't matter how many tickets you use.

There are certain poses I do not like, but B R A I N has made some poses in his items I do like haha.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
User Image

It's his tickets, and he can do what he wants with them. I'm not a fan of most of his items though.

If I got a hold of a bunch of tickets I would probably use them myself. I might ask for some ideas from my friends.

Dapper Mage

I think this kind of falls into a lack of foresight on an administration level.

When the concepts of tickets was first introduced, they probably had an idea that some users would get more than one ticket somehow. I don't think they had the perspective to see someone amassing as much as Brain has.

And how could they? The tickets are certainly rare and coveted enough, which definitely drives their price beyond any average accumulation of wealth.

As far as I'm concerned, Brain got these tickets one way or another. If he wants to redeem them in a typical Brain fashion, whatever floats his boat. Not sure I'd do it like this, but whatevs

Versatile Vampire

19,340 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
s**t walks, money talks.
if he's got the time and cash to dedicate to buying tickets and making things, i see no issue with it.
sure, not everyone is going to like his stuff, but not everyone likes every item gaia puts out either. there's no difference except in the case of the creator: it's obvious who is creating them in BRAIN's case, when it comes right from the site there's not always a way to tell which artist is responsible.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Most of his items are boring to me, because I don't care about his inside/personal jokes and they're otherwise unwearable because I don't need his avatar's face all over my avatar. They're all a waste of space to me. He can do what he wants, of course, though I can also see them as a waste of potential.

It would be nice if Gaia set a limit. Or at least an amount one person can do per year or something.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

I may not like the items, but they're his tickets. He can do whatever he pleases with them.

Now if I had that many tickets (after maybe sending one on myself), I would get some ideas from my friends or at least get them a recolor/pose they always wanted.

Angelic Nitemare

mxchi
Ridley Starsmore

I completely agree and I feel others should too. As you have said, he made this his style and since they are his tickets, it shouldn't matter how many tickets you use.

There are certain poses I do not like, but B R A I N has made some poses in his items I do like haha.
Agreed. My wife loves the golden yellow wings, and I am sure users like Kid Jak love the goldenback lion mask.

I don't think anyone is doubting his validity to use the tickets. What they are hoping for is a bit more....variety. And versatility.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

Well, they are his tickets, however he got them, he has as much right as everyone else with a ticket to use them. Now are they in good taste? That's highly subjective. I personally find them in poor taste, but well, not my ticket, sooo? Sure, it can feel kinda lame that one 'rich' person seems to get to do whatever they want, but how's that any different from rl?

As shitty as it is, money nearly always wins, in one way or another.

I find it kind of hilarious in a way, I bet Gaia had no idea when they started this that a large number of the tickets would be used by one single user to pretty much troll the entire Gaia user base. It's kind of stupidly brilliant really, which is why it's also annoying.

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
In my opinion there should be limitations to what can and cannot be allowed from those who obtain the tickets. Nothing too strict, but definitely less lax than what is currently in place.

Just because a user wins a ticket doesn't mean they should have near boundless opportunity to make whatever they want. Getting a custom item made is not a right, it is a privilege, and thus there should be some standard of what can or cannot be made. I don't really care about tribute items as long as they're appropriate for all demographics on this site, including those individuals who are 13-18.

Demonic Lover

I'm sorry but "it's his/her ticket" doesn't shield anyone from criticism, I'm specially surprised when I find that kind of argument here in the GCD where we rip to shreds many items/updates XD;

I also don't think that was the intended use of those tickets, but if Gaia is letting that happen then I can only blame them. It could be worse though, someone with a tickle fetish or an inflation one x ox;

Tipsy Genius

Do you believe there should be a limited to how many tickets one can use? Why or why not?
I believe there should have been a limit, something like one ticket of each kind. Imposing one now wouldn't be fair for people who didn't plan ahead/are waiting to redeem additional tickets. The concern isn't about specific users redeeming (or hoarding) too many tickets; it's more about users with decent ideas having no mean of competing for a ticket, and the potential lack of diversity in the custom items coming from the same few users. This isn't specifically aimed at BRAIN, though; I can think of many users whose custom items (should they have several) would be very self-indulgent and very redundant, and "too much of a good thing" is entirely possible. Hell, if I redeemed a dozen Golden Tickets, I'd fit into that category as well.

If you had as many tickets, would you make as many items as you’d like or would you sell to others to give them a chance?
Assuming I had all the tickets I wanted, I would sell any ticket that I wouldn't already know how to use, especially if someone out there had a more solid/fleshed out idea and the funds to buy the ticket. I do have ideas for Sapphire, Gold, Platinum, Rainbow and Emerald, but honestly, if (when?) I finally get my hands on a Sapphire Ticket, I'm permanently retiring from the ticket-questing business. And not just because I'll be broke. There's a bunch of users I'm rooting for and I would love to see their ideas happen even more than I'd like to request my own items.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Ridley Starsmore
Agreed. My wife loves the golden yellow wings, and I am sure users like Kid Jak love the goldenback lion mask.

I don't think anyone is doubting his validity to use the tickets. What they are hoping for is a bit more....variety. And versatility.

I am glad he made it. I just wish we had golden fins to go along with it smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces