Welcome to Gaia! ::

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I personally have no problem with his items (besides thinking that they are uselesss to me) but I think Gaia should implement a rule that only one ticket per type can be redeemed per user and that trying to get around that rule by creating mules is a warnable offense.

It would give everyone the same chances and really, no user needs more than one ticket (per type) anyway. That would still give every user a potential use of what, ten or fifteen different tickets?

Would seem fine with me.
But we all know Gaia won't do it because they can make more money if they keep things this way.
I really don't care one way or another for the person in question, I kind of view it as a sometimes entertaining sideshow to watch. Unless he gifts me an angelic halo, then I'll totally butt kiss emotion_awesome not ashamed to admit my admiration can be bought.

Anyway, it would have been nice to have a limit of let's say 3 of each ticket per person, but since Gaia didn't think of that ahead of time, there's not much do be done about it. I would love to get ahold of a platinum and 3 ruby tickets of my own, but I just can't compete. I'm fully aware of that, so I don't really bother to try to get either ticket myself, but I guess more power to those who can? It must be nice, and I am pretty envious.

I can't say I'm really a fan of most of the user made items, but then again, I'm sure if I got my way with a platinum or ruby tickets, people wouldn't be a huge fan of my items either. Unless they like ferrets. I'm dying to make a GOOD ferret companion :< Which is why I want three rubies, I want to make a Ferret companion that resembles each of my three first ferrets >_> Then maybe even a giant rideable ferret in the platinum ticket, a la Slicks snake.
Do you believe there should be a limited to how many tickets one can use? Why or why not?

It would be a wise decision to implement ticket amount limits if they want to make more money, honestly not everyone's going to know about the inside jokes from B R A I N's items and not everyone really uses his color scheme. Other items that would appeal to a wider range of people would be more profitable. And that's just looking at it from the business perspective.

Besides, I really dislike groupthink and cult-like behavior.

If you had as many tickets, would you make as many items as you’d like or would you sell to others to give them a chance?

Maybe two at most since I'd feel weird if I made more. I'd give a ticket to a friend and sell the rest. lol

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
He can do what he wants with his tickets, just like we can complain about his massive ego all we want.

I swear he's more inflated than the MP at this point. /lol

Honestly I think they're should be a 3 ticket limit for everyone. Especially with how limited they are and whatnot.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Remember there were times that anyone with enough real life money could just flat out buy tickets.

I'm a little conflicted. He is getting these tickets. They are his. I just would like others to get the opertunity to use Tickets as well. If all the Tickets go to one person or one group of people then no one else can use them.

It sure feels like there are certain users that should be or will be making items constantly. I hope Gaia gets that. I hope they make room for that. But if that is to be expected or it's beneficial that they keep contributing items, then maybe the Tickets should exclude those users. I don't mean like those users should never be allowed to make things but maybe Gaia should set something up where these users are granted items on some sort of time line and told not to use the Tickets so others get a chance.

I hope that makes sense. People like B R A I N would still get items but be limited to give others a chance. If B R A I N wants multiple items then have that consume a time frame and then them be released like this or coupled with things.

I'd like to see some others that are good at creating these items get another chance... another item. Right now that can't happen because all the Tickets are being used by one person. So even others similar to B R A I N and that are talented are losing out as it is.

And what happened to people with enough money in Real Life just buying Tickets? Might as well make that an option again. It generates money for Gaia and shows that there should be some allocated slots for people to work on things.

Lady Pants

I'm not bothered in the slightest by whoever gets the tickets and whatever gets made with said tickets. My only complaint is some of the items are so incredibly rare that they are not easy to obtain...I'm looking at you rare recolors that only come out of RIG chances and only like 5 ever.... stare
But am I upset with the users that make them, heck no. They found a way to get together that much gold to make an item, let them make whatever Gaia will let them. Will I ever see a ticket?...smurf no...I'm not that lucky.

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I'm happy for those who have tickets and are able to have their own piece of Gaia. I recently bought a Rainbow Ticket and am so excited to have my own, special item. I'll personally use every, single ticket that I can get my hands on (Although, probably not that many overall). I think a user should be able to use as many tickets as they want. After all, they have earned them fairly. If someone wants to hate on me or call me an elitist for saying this, that's fine with me.

Versatile Streaker

I haven't liked a single item BRAIN has made, and since I'm not interested in any of the big ticket rare items (Angelic Halo, DJs, etc), I'm not going to lose any sleep over the sale he's made for La Victorie. His items don't match my avatars, and I don't know enough about him to get his in-jokes. Simply put, I don't care what he's done with his tickets.

That being said, I also really wish he didn't have the ability to cash in so many. Maybe if there was a rule that a Gaian can only use one kind of ticket a year?

Hardcore Werewolf

17,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • OTP 200
As many have said, he got those tickets and he can do whatever he wants with them. As far as I know, they were all gifted to him by people who wanted to see his items come to life or bought by him to make his items a reality. I see no crime in that. Personally, I disliked almost every single golden ticket item made but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have been allowed to make them, you know? Same for BRAIN. He can do as he likes, regardless what people think of his items.

If I got a ticket, I already know who I'd give it to. (No not BRAIN but someone else who really wants it and has excellent ideas). But if I had the resources to help friends get what they wanted, I certainly would.

I do not think there should be a limit on tickets and how many a user can make. If they earn that ticket legally and fairly, it's theirs to do with as they like. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Would it be nice if the entire userbase liked it? Yes, but that's impossible. Limitations would just cause anger later, especially when they'd be limiting the richest of their userbase only and the limitations weren't in there to begin with. Adding some now would be more trouble than it's worth.

My two cents.
I am all for everyone using their tickets however they want. I know if I ever get my Ruby Ticket that the item I'd make would be INSANELY personal to me, and would not appeal to everyone.

The only thing that annoys me with the B R A I N items is that I want them so much, yet they were priced so insanely high. I think it is a bit elitist to price a bundle containing 4 of your self designed items at 1000 dollars, but he got the ticket and is well within his rights to do whatever he wanted.

I just wish Gaia had made gold wings and a gold devil tail first... lol

Slumbering Tengu

While I personally think there should be a limit on how many tickets a person can use
I know Gaia won't do it, doing so would hinder more than help them financially

In the end all you can really say is "these things happen" and shrug it off
there's really nothing you can do to stop said people monopolizing the tickets
even if you think the system is unfair (even if their way of obtaining tickets is completely fair in its own right)
throwing a fit just makes you look ridiculous

Go ahead and make a giant turd with your face on it
I mean I'm not gonna buy it, it's another day I don't have to be tempted

I'm more creeped out by his fandom then his items personally
even though his c**k creeps me the math out

Tiny Shapeshifter

This whole moral thing based on Brain's case is rather biased. I mean, if you were to have a situation where some person provides nothing but brilliant items each and every single time he/she manage to redeem a ticket, the community wouldn't be as envious as they are now, and they are more likely be against limitations in favor of "creativity".

Friendly Dreamer

If I personally came to posses an unwanted ticket (I only ever wanted the golden one) I would sell it off to one of the rich people on here. I mean it would give me a chance to have a decent amount of gold and items for a change. ;_;

Do I think it's fair that people have created multiple items? Well I personally have seen people spend $100's on rigs. If these people can somehow manage to get a ticket out of that then good for them. They can do whatever they want with it.

Noble Newb

21,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Doesn't really matter to me who makes the items or what they are. But it would be nice if it were limited somehow, so we didn't always see items from the same people.

Not that I think such a thing would be in any way enforceable, since you could always just use another account and another email. *shrugs* yum_pie

Heart Tamer

It's an issue that should have been thought about prior to the initial release of custom tickets. However, it's too late now. Those who were able to get ultra rich off of the first batch of tickets were able to corner that market from that point on. The amount of gold certain custom items sold for helped set the prices on future sales of these tickets. It's now just an endless cycle of the same people obtaining them, mostly. Of course, you can still get one if you fork over around grand, but I imagine only a very small minority of people make those large purchases. Odds of getting one in a RIG are laughable, but there's that, too.

Tickets are a nice idea, but due to their very nature, it was inevitable that it'd become a market for the rich (both online and off) or the extremely lucky. They can't just give them away to anyone or at a cheap price because it's very time-consuming for the artists who are already swamped with submissions.

We've seen the Angelic Halo become a secondary currency now that tickets are at the high end and A. Halos are plentiful, which has kept their prices much higher than they should be given how many are in circulation. Single users have amassed 10+ halos and there are still many to go around, but they've remained expensive both in the CS and on the MP. It's an item controlled by a few people (most of which are the primary ticket purchasers), so it would be interesting to see how Gaia releasing a bunch of new A. Halos into the market would affect ticket sales, if at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff