Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Back in the day they were a treat, now they're just lazy.

When my Prunny came out I was ecstatic, I think that was one of the first real MC item recolors and even at that it had brand new poses. Now they're just cheap, nothing special at all.

Dangerous Darling

I like the recolors, by and large (until. like recolor # 7, when I begin to loose whatever patience I pretend to have)
But the biggest bummer to me is the loss of new content. What did we have, like five recolors today? Plus bundles, plus gold gens (the ultimate recolor, where all they have to change is the banner ^^)

Inquisitive Capitalist

10,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Profitable 100
Nyadriel
Fayalite
I love the lavender personally, but I do wish they would come out with more purples again. I miss all the shades and variety they used to have, and having to play with an item to find other things to match it and make it really pop. I don't like how every recolor seems to have specific shade sets (all the lavender matches, all the pink, and then when all the colors they are coming out with don't match any of the old colors, where's the greens and bright blues? And damn, I miss Teal. the dark beautiful teal like persephone, and dark ice items. Doesn't seem to be as popular of a color to use as it was a few years ago sad )

I like that they finally have a deep, rich red though. That was something I always wanted.

Are... you... kidding me? Where the hell have you been? There's teal all over the place! They have been using teal to try using it as a replacement for green and they have been doing that all damned year now! It's pissing me off!
Really? I'm sorry, I've just returned from a 3year hiatus, and am still getting used to all the new changes around here.
I haven't seen anyone hardly at all wearing teal yet, and it's always been a favorite of mine. Guess it's not as popular as they thought, since I've not seen it around as much on people's avatars. I looked up as many of these new items as I could figure out, just hadn't seen alot of teal when I looked. Mostly seen alot of white, black, pink, and lavender. saw alot of red when I looked things up too.

Teal shouldn't be a replacement for green though, I agree. same with that mint color they like to use, which I have seen some.

Fairy

~A ripple on the water...

I quite like recolours.
I would seriously appreciate richer colours and items that ARE NOT ACCENTED WITH GOLD.
When this get out of control like Nekola and it's sisters, I start wanting to flip tables.
I mean really, recolouring Nekola this much might have been okay if it had been done over the course of a few months, not a new colour every other day.

...A tinkling on the wind~

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Fayalite
Nyadriel
Fayalite
I love the lavender personally, but I do wish they would come out with more purples again. I miss all the shades and variety they used to have, and having to play with an item to find other things to match it and make it really pop. I don't like how every recolor seems to have specific shade sets (all the lavender matches, all the pink, and then when all the colors they are coming out with don't match any of the old colors, where's the greens and bright blues? And damn, I miss Teal. the dark beautiful teal like persephone, and dark ice items. Doesn't seem to be as popular of a color to use as it was a few years ago sad )

I like that they finally have a deep, rich red though. That was something I always wanted.

Are... you... kidding me? Where the hell have you been? There's teal all over the place! They have been using teal to try using it as a replacement for green and they have been doing that all damned year now! It's pissing me off!
Really? I'm sorry, I've just returned from a 3year hiatus, and am still getting used to all the new changes around here.
I haven't seen anyone hardly at all wearing teal yet, and it's always been a favorite of mine. Guess it's not as popular as they thought, since I've not seen it around as much on people's avatars. I looked up as many of these new items as I could figure out, just hadn't seen alot of teal when I looked. Mostly seen alot of white, black, pink, and lavender. saw alot of red when I looked things up too.

Teal shouldn't be a replacement for green though, I agree. same with that mint color they like to use, which I have seen some.

Be easier to just search teal in the mp. There are 470 items listed altogether.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I wouldn't even mind some of the common recolors as long as they took darker skin tones in mind when recoloring

I am super grateful for the Baron of Thieves because it's the first time in years I actually have black hair! xd

So many light colored recolors just do not work

and many many black recolors are so flat and dull they look more like pasty grey than actual black

it's not just the dismal color selection but the quality

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
If i could just get a ******** yellow and gold recolour of Titus The Lion.. IF I COULD JUST GET THAT. I would be so happy.
i would probably sell some of my other cats for it ;.;

Wry Operator

19,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
I like recolors, but only when the quality is good. Sometimes the new recolors, especially when they're really popular and gaia is releasing them in waves, look like shoddy work done by beginners on MS paint. Where did the high quality recoloring go?

Then again, when they're pushing out several items every day, quality control goes down.
Can't say I approve of the situation, since I'd rather have quality over quantity.

Fluffy Loiterer

Abbacus
i don't even care about nostalgia goggles s**t i just want everything in teal forever emotion_drool

It'd be nice if they did recolors of different old items. I thought it was cool when they were doing that a while back with Loyal, because the recolors actually improved the quality of the coloring for the really old items.

Not too fussed with teal. I don't dislike it perse, but the items that are released in teal just don't really catch my fancy/can't really use them because the color itself is just so odd.

Mega Noob

Bleeding Apocalypse
In and of themselves, recolors are just fine. It's just the actual colors that they use that are boring as s**t. Whenever we get a recolor, it's usually one of the following colors/color combinations:

- Black
- White
- Black/white or monochrome
- Pale pink
- Lavender
- Mint
- Red
- Red/black
- Cream
- Cream/Navy
- The occasional brown.

And... that's about it. No deep, royal purple. No dark blues. No rich greens. No orange. No yellow. Not much of anything else. So it's not the recolors themselves that are boring. It's mostly the colors that are used that are boring as hell. It's all the same.

gaia's grown fond of using a dusty rose/pale blue combination as well.
and there's also that weird blue-white shade they use for icy/frozen recolors.

Fluffy Loiterer

SuccuViv
I always see people wishing for purple and green and orange and stuff like the WTFery that was Dappy Dandy and I just can't get on board XD I just don't use those colors uo u; whenever I see a new cool item I usually wish it was black, or black and copper, or black and white x ox; I'm boring like that...

What I wish is that Gaia had stuck to their hairstyle shades :C so bangs and accesories could match, but they didn't and that's ridiculously lame DX

Yeah...it's kind of sad that I'm constantly finding myself questioning why I would ever want to get a haircut when most of the hairstyles are outrageously outdated.

Serpentine Loverboy

28,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Ugh. I HATE how most of the purple recolors are lavender. I want this shade of purple that I have on my avatar. Thankfully, the cool versions of recent hairstyles have my favored shade of purple in them. cat_3nodding

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
I don't like them. emotion_donotwant Recolours are a nice way of bringing back old/rare items, and they do lower the inflation of those items somewhat, but I feel like Gaia's popping out too many too soon. Eight sketchbooks and nine mustachios seems a little excessive, you know? They clog up the announcements forum along with the GC sales and the gold gens too.

I guess it would be nice if there was a limit number for the amount of recolours an item could garner, or if Gaia was limited to recolouring old items.

yhoda's Husband

Beloved Giver

18,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I love recolors cause we can't change it's colors so it makes possibilities more vast for people who like the items

But at the same time I don't want 14678323 recolors of the same item or the same colors on items over and over

I LOVE red black and white recolors but I want to see more oranges yellows and greens and nice rich blues more. Not navy I want to expand my avatar possibilities but I feel limited cause all they make now is pastels and colors I don't use.
Take a break from the pastels.

And what ever happened to neon colors sad I miss having neon avatars

Fluffy Loiterer

Persnicketease
I like recolors. Especially when they come out in a color that I love. It used to suck having an item come out that you love but it's in a color palette you hate. The only thing that bugs me about recolors lately is that most of the time they look horrible. Like they fiddled with the hue and saturation dials and that's it. I mean I understand the huge pressure put on the artists, but it really just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see good items poorly recolored.

I actually haven't noticed this dip in quality, but then again I've been barely paying attention to recolor announcements.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff