Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Genius

9,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Yoseobbie

一 "Good" is a very ambiguous term... but back in 2007, "good" might refer to MCs?

Actually, I was referring to anything you personally saw as a good item. (back in the day)

Toxic Partner

13,600 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Divorced 100

As a Gaia user from 07, I have never bought/used Gcash up until the last few months.
I never had any use for it because I enjoyed questing, but now it's a little out of the question.

As for art, I DO have art for my original avatar back in 07-09 or so.
It's a little silly, but I enjoy every image.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm glad I put it in my journal. lol.
The only thing I regret is not saving all the art from old threads, and not getting art from every avie in between.

This is my '04 mule - my older account, Karelia, had a few name changes and is inactive now. Anyway, I still have a photobucket account from then, which revealed these:

User Image
User Image
User Image

The very THOUGHT is unnerving, frankly. I've no idea what was going on in that first one, but it's called 'outfits'...

As for good items... God, I don't think I ever really had any to begin with! Demonic Anklets were the first things I saved up for, though I was definitely gifted things earlier than that.

eta: This album is awful. Apparently I did some pixel stuff at one stage:

User Image

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
First item I thought was good was the Ice Gauntlet. I got it because one of my real life friends donated it to me. I thought it was so cool. I think we were also under the impression that in ZOMG you were gonna have to use weapons to have powers. Like the Katana would have it's own unique skill trees and what not.

I have spent about 100 dollars about when the Zodiacal item first was released. That was one of the items I bought.

I don't have any old avis. but I can tell you from memory they were terrible. blue shirt with the wings and those black 90's gloves were the bomb in my eyes though.

Loyal Dog

19,690 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
03 user here... first good item was my pora ice i believe ( XD it's been a while)

Fuzzy Pup

i was a poor gaian my whole experience here. i never got any good items. up until earlier this year when i started an art shop!
i have spent 0 dollars on gaia. do not plan to ever. i used to want to, but the way they are running the site now i do not want to give them my money.

i do have old art and old avis! they are so horribly ugly. my first dream avi was a gold shop outfit with an omg hat.

Widow

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
October 04 here, my first "good" item was the fairy wings all blue and sparkly, they were 40k which back then was ALOT. I've spent more money then i'd like to know over the years, even when it was only the letters you could buy.

KaraTheStar's Partner

21,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Mrs Ecstasy
Actually, I was referring to anything you personally saw as a good item. (back in the day)

Ahh, so it was meant to be subjective ><; okay, gotcha now. I remember Fairy Wings used to be kind of a standard for wealth also around 2007, 40k was a lot of work to obtain xD;

Playful Kitten

1) that depends on your definition of "good". The first premium item I bought was a bunny hat, from my friend irl who got me to join in the first place. I was so excited it's kind of hillarious looking back, I think she sold me a grass skirt along with it too haha. In the beginning though I honestly was away from the gaia economy... I remember her talking about OMGs and stuff and I had no idea what she was talking about, and I couldn't find it in gold shop. Couldn't find 3 letter words on mp either haha so I was baffled about that one for quite a while. Anyways, so yeah, I actually spent well over a year running around in peasant clothes, other than that purchase from my friend i gave whatever I earned away. It wasn't until someone donated horns of the demon to me that I really started getting into dressing up my own avi. So if by good, you meant actually good... then /that/ would be my first good item haha. But I was more excited about the bunny hat I think. rofl

2) more than I'd care to admit

3) OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I save every single avi I've /ever/ worn or admired and art I've ever recieved, and have a whole library of them. Some of them are like "ok wtf was I thinking" but it was just a totally different vibe from avis back then and I still appreciate them all. I mean you have to remember up until like 2005, the only accessories we had were MCs, and clothing was just plain tops/bottoms/overalls. Nothing like the awesome fancy clothing we have these days!
p00pybutt first join Gaia 2006. p00pybutt no care about website when join. p00pybutt thought looked very girly and gay. Only join to help ******** IRL girlfriend at time. p00pybutt was amazed at how over-inflated economy was and how hard it was to build gold with no being talented artist or donating IRL money, even THEN. p00py resolved not to give s**t about his stupid Gaia avatar, despite getting called "n00b" all times for being poor caveman with gray alien mask.

First item p00py want and covet is katana sword. Immediately bought donation letters to help raise money toward sword that was 20k or so at time. Somehow ended up with bone dragon helm trading with user while questing for sword. Tried on. Made avatar look cute with gray alien mask. So p00py decide p00py keep it. And p00py decide to enter Avatar contest with fancy new helmet and cuteness. p00py hoped to make money that way to buy more things. No work. Here is link to contest entry: http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/gaia/original-avatar/vote/?entry_id=100275763

p00pybutt began invest into donation letters briefly for time. p00py spent stupid amounts of IRL money investing into donation items that people no liked like "momo monkey" -- got burned on returns. p00pybutt buy dragon with gold, though. Eventually, p00py take site tad more seriously; make other accounts where he no feel need to stay in character and talk like caveman. Only revisit p00pybutt account on occasion, mostly Halloween events. But p00py largely inactive user now, even on main account.

p00pybutt avatar remain largely unchanged since 2006 - 2007. p00py wears cowbell and rebel sash event items from Zurg invasion halloween event -- p00py's first. Club used to be baseball bat item circa 2006 and meat leg used to be glass bottle thing circa 2006. Meat leg item and caveman club item no exist at time. Told artist who did signature art for p00py below that bottle supposed to be meat leg. When discovered that items were made, had to have for p00py avatar.

The end. You wanted story.

p00pybutt remember time when 2006 users no considered to have rite of passage because no had peasants clothes on join date circa 2003 - 2005 users did.
2006 - 2007 considered new age (n00b age) at time, because "had so easy". So, strange when considered in same "old" timeframe with them. Wonder what they say now.
bwahahaha another '04er here. currently regaining access to my main. the first 'DI' (remember when that's what they were called?!?!) I bought was the dark halo. I still have one. I have no idea how much irl money I spent on pixels....and that's probably a good thing. I have lots of old art and avvies but they're on my photobucket. does photobucket even still exist?? Glad to see some familiar names in here, kids. It's nice to know some of us are still around/

Suzury's Oppa

Mega Noob

13,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
Mrs Ecstasy
gonk

Edit:

Question Uno: (For all those Old Farts,) what was your first "good" item and how did you receive/get it??

Question Dos: How much REAL money have you spent on pixels. Come on C; we all know you've done it. I know Ive never I have. #noshame

I want stories! c;

Question Tres: Do you have any old art or old saved (past) avis?? Are they hilariously horrible? Or still adorably cute??
Include some pictures from the past and lets re-live some of the good'ol times in Gaia history! whee

[/quote

1: fox ears. OTL kind players donated it to me.
2. too much over $1kusd.
3. I do have old avatars and they dirt poor lol!

I can't load any atm but my oldest one was with lucky star, fox tail + ears and yokai treasure stuff =)

Shirtless Shapeshifter

9,200 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
I've been around since '05 (though this account is '06); lost my password to my old account, and earthlink shut down their free email services so I was never able to retrieve it. shame.

I've probably spent about $30-50 on gcash. I'm disappointed in myself for spending even that much.

I remember a friend of mine gave me his guitar of demona, demonic pitchfork and pendant, and a demonbow. I nearly shat myself.

Kripto's Queen

Shy Kitten

28,325 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Converting 100 items 100
first good item was ehm.. i dont even remmeber anymore i never owned really high pricd items, i believe tamas basket?
i loved it xD
i have been playing 9 years^^
i only remade a tektek of my old avi i looked horible, i still know a few old old avi's xD

ive never been able to buy gaiagold i was to young , and now i dont have money.. ><
that was 1 and my other one was something llike dis.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

yes i tough it was hot and really cute, (i still think) tobad i never had creenshots because i dinnt know how to make dem xD i was 9 when i started gaia .-.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff