Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hummm.... Nifty :3no:
I have hear that you will have the ability to make your speech box change shape, like shouting (spikey.) and etc.

Anxious Witch

StraberiHuney
<center>There's supposed to be a whisper, shout and speak thing, if I remember right.

Otherwise, I don't have any idea.

whisper, shout, and speak? last time i heard those terms was my short stay on furcadia.
Aigon
Kunai Jones
Elauria
I know there's going to be speak bubbles and such, and it's not going to come out any time soon. But besides that, would the over all color/fourmicons/etc. will change? If you think it might be, tell what you hope it would look like.

I personally think that the colors will not change but the icons will have a different look or style.
Actually, they showed the new post types at Fanime. There's a shouting one, a whisper one, an action one, the normal speech bubble, and then another that looks like it's been written on parchment. Jakobo's working on it, and it's apparently nearly done. It could be out by the end of June.

The re-design on a whole...I don't think it will change too much. They seem to have settled into a color scheme for the site, love it or hate it. One possibility might be the implementation of Gaia skins, different schemes in which you can view the site. That would be nice, I think, but it's unlikely.

I don't think the emoticons will change, though. They're iconographic, everyone recognizes them immediately.

I disagree with your view that the sites look won't change, but I agree on the emotes, I'd be wicked sad if they got rid of :mr.green: and domokun

I don't think they will get rid of the emoticons, rather that they will add more... like a Grunny... a Grunny I tell you! a wider range of emotions is always better.

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
Did they just add some? I know they got rid of the "more icons" button and added them to the side, but I don't remember there ever being a lol ?
Aigon
Did they just add some? I know they got rid of the "more icons" button and added them to the side, but I don't remember there ever being a lol ?
Nah, that's always been there. 3nodding
Elauria
This comes from the latest entry of Lanzer's Diary and here's the section of it I want to discuss:

Lanzer
Meanwhile, the development on the new forum system is almost complete. Though there won't be a huge difference in the look and feel of the forums until the next web site re-design, the backend system will be ready to handle a lot of load and should be faster even with twice the amount of users online.

What do you hope that the forums will look like?
What type of design you would like to see?
Will it still be the Gaia as we know it?
What is your opinion on this?

Please discuss, thank you 3nodding

Should be cool! I would like it to be like when we went to the Van Helson's party (where you could see everyone together in a group pic type of thing) Otherwise I'm not sure! blaugh

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
Sirail
Aigon
Nah, that's always been there. 3nodding

XD, it bothers me... I don't like it... It's quivering at me o.O

Guess I never used it because it was on the "more emote" thing... the only one I used from there was mrgreen

Magical Bear

10,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
redface I personally like the purple....

Tis my fav colour

But... a new colour scheme could be cool I guess...
Well, the blue and pink are a bit fruity. xD If we can get a layout that's a little more unisex then I'm cool. 3nodding I just hope they don't change the cool pictures of the people. x3 unless they replace them with cooler pictures of people. biggrin

Dapper Gatekeeper

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
Foxy Grampa
Well, the blue and pink are a bit fruity. xD If we can get a layout that's a little more unisex then I'm cool. 3nodding I just hope they don't change the cool pictures of the people. x3 unless they replace them with cooler pictures of people. biggrin

I like the front page banner. But I do wish they'd change the forum banner to something new, just to change things a bit... I'm too used to the forum one.
Yes, they're planning on re-designing the forums, which is why it's a good idea to take a screenshot of everything so we can look back to Gaia V2. O:
Dancingflames
Yes, they're planning on re-designing the forums, which is why it's a good idea to take a screenshot of everything so we can look back to Gaia V2. O:
Oooo o_o Good idea... I can't do it though xP

Let's just hope when/if they change the color pallet of the site, it's not going to be Neopet's puke yellow xD
in the immortal words of denzel croker, New World Order! New World Order! i think the new forums will work sufficently

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff