Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I feel that way about pretty much everything on here. x__X

I'm thankful that they deflated the kitten stars by putting those in rigs. So I was finally able to et a few of those.

Wheezing Elder

22,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Survivor 150
Golden laurels

I was so close before inflation hit. I wish I had buttoned down and earn the last bit of gold I needed. Now, it's on my never gonna get list. emo

Shameless Lover

18,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
Bluh, all of Renard's Hairs and Beneath the Juniper Tree.
Sure I could buy that second one for $4 dollars, but I'm broke as a joke right now...
But 2 bil + wasn't a big deal until I lost all my gold on Kama's Suggestion.
Thank Cheesus I got that last week before it got where it is today.
lol

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Do you have any items you regret not buying?
So many. As an alchemist, these were things that were dirt cheap or so plentiful that you couldn't give the stuff away--paper, flowers, bugs, old boots, big old tires, old cans, inks, zOMG! loot, Leviathan armor, Regalia of the Ancient Fire armor, Lidless armor, and the octopuses.

There are other things like the Saint Ciel: Agape that I am still kicking myself for not picking up when the third gen showed up in the CS, but I was going to stick to my budget and not buy more GC.

Did you ever eventually obtain those items? By what method?
Yes. Most I just farm myself like the trash, junk, and zOMG! loot. The other stuff by stalking the MP and hoping for "reasonable" prices. Sometimes "reasonable" is 1,000g (for something that used to list as 1g on the MP less than a year ago). emotion_facepalm

I doubt I'm going to get the Agape unless it's offered again in the CS. Most often times, I just have to look at them on the wish list. Too many of my resources are being dumped into Alchemy.

Do you have a schedule that you work out so that you can purchase the items you want?
Not really... sort of. As an alchemist, certain formula only give XP at certain levels. For example right now, the Lidless armor pieces since the Lidlenovo is a Level 5 formula that will give me far more points than anything else right now. As an other example, octopuses are very low priority as it will be a long time before I can gather the 30 for a Rainbow Octopus and I need to craft 8 9so 240 octopuses in total) for the eventual Tentacreep. And it's a very low priority because crafting all that will no longer give me XP, so I can do that whenever. That and some of the other components I need are priced in the hundreds of millions, so yeah, a purchase of that ain't happening any time soon (especially when I need 10 of those).

I don't pick up gold gens on principle, so it's unlikely that I will ever get the stuff on my wishlist.

Lonely Spirit

*Most recently: Capsule Master.

frick.

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Cartier the Dragon

When I first saw him, he was in the 100mil range. I was dead broke and it was before I started vendoring to make gold. I don't spend cash here, so vendoring is my only real way to make gold x.x

As I neared his pricetag, he would always shift upward just a little more. Inflation hit, and eventually he was nearing a billion, and I was nowhere near it. When they put out the Dragon bundle, I thought, for sure, he'd deflate! Surely, more of him would mean the price would go down... right? Nope. All the dragons went up: Cartier, Fafnir, SD Fafnir (though those did deflate a bunch when they came out in a rig) and all I could do is watch Cartier float into the 2 bil range.

Still kicking myself for not trying to sell something to get him when he was in the 100s =/

I still don't have him, and I still lurk in the market hoping someone will post one in my range... they never do =/
Slash blush.. kept thinking it would be in the shop forever.

And now there aren't even any listings emo

Magical Bookworm

14,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
May birthstone streaks. They were 33 million at the beginning of May, but I didn't want to spend the gold because I assumed it'd go down as more people bought them. I also didn't want to spend money at that time, so I didn't get them that way, either. They inflated to 60 mil the next day, which I didn't have. And never went down. I never bought them with money because I hoped they'd go down again because, honestly, they're just streaks and are only a one pose item, but nope. Now they're 600 mil, something I find to be ridiculous for a 99 cent item. >_<;. I mean, some 25 dollar items are cheaper than than in gold! I may have the gold to buy them, but I don't find the need to waste most of my gold on a one pose item--whether I collect them or not, it's not worth it.
I completely regret not buying it with gold when it was 33 mil. I'll probably never buy them now because of how much of a ripoff they are. D:. And since they're not available for cash anymore, I can't get them that way.

Cheery Capitalist

Golden Belle, and Gogh Reed. Among other things.

I ended up getting them in the end, but it took a lot of energy to find a "good" deal (prices going up and down too much, too frequently), and far more gold than it could have been.

Big Noob

Giant Syringe. I could have bought 2 with the money I saved up before inflation.
Oh well.

Waffles

Portrait of a Hare, I was lacking a few mil to get it at 550m the other day. Now it's at 1B
Edit: OMG! Thank you so much to the one who gifted it to me! It really made my day! *0*

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Skylar the Awesome. I sold mine before Flynn unloaded gold on us thinking I could always buy it again later...I was wrong. So very wrong.

Tiny Friend

Red's Hood. crying
I had a chance to get it but I messed up and a gold generator had just released.......

and then I prioritized the Elysium's Gate gold sink over the hood. uou

I just need it to drop in a rig and maybe I can reach it....maybe!!

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

devil's spice. I have it now, but now I'm thinking on how it used to be around 7 mil emotion_drool but I'm glad it isn't as high as it could be.

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
I regret not getting l33t gamer, I could probably get it if I liquidated some stuff I don't use, but it is 4bil. It always managed to stay just out of my range.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff