It's all about the Turtle god. 0.33783783783784 33.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]

Naughty Goat

19,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Chibi Halo
          It's great to see some new dialogue and a new baby. I wonder if they added the baby because L0cke and Ling have a new baby as well. I mean it totally makes sense that a married couple would eventually consider having kids but it also makes sense in the way VO modeled Johnny after his own father that Violet would be modeled after L0Cke's new baby. I like seeing Edmund and Vanessa as parents and Violet has her own little RuRu to play with too.

Edmund/Vanessa and the baby were already planned years ago before I even left Gaia; it made sense to us that this is where Edmund's character would end up after helping his friend's son through the aftermath of his death. I felt like I should reply to this since I'm not actually close with L0cke and Ling and it'd be a pretty weird thing for me to do personally if I made an homage to their baby in the comic I've pretty exclusively been working on lol.

Time-traveling Senshi

reapersun
Chibi Halo
          It's great to see some new dialogue and a new baby. I wonder if they added the baby because L0cke and Ling have a new baby as well. I mean it totally makes sense that a married couple would eventually consider having kids but it also makes sense in the way VO modeled Johnny after his own father that Violet would be modeled after L0Cke's new baby. I like seeing Edmund and Vanessa as parents and Violet has her own little RuRu to play with too.

Edmund/Vanessa and the baby were already planned years ago before I even left Gaia; it made sense to us that this is where Edmund's character would end up after helping his friend's son through the aftermath of his death. I felt like I should reply to this since I'm not actually close with L0cke and Ling and it'd be a pretty weird thing for me to do personally if I made an homage to their baby in the comic I've pretty exclusively been working on lol.

I guess in this case a coincidence is just a coincidence and timming of things and life works in silly ways. Still she's a cute addition to the NPC line up and I like the little Rufus nod there. Thank you for such a wonderful, enjoyable, and very good character building plot arc. It's such a shame it had to go through everything it did to finally see its conclusion.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
reapersun
Platonix

We've already been given an explanation for Diedrich that involved the residual G-Virus in Johnny's body. This story partly contradicts that explanation, but the residual G-Virus might still be why Diedrich 'evolved' when he ate the ashes.

I'm really embarrassed to ask this but where did that info come from? Because I don't remember anything like this at all lol. This origin story has been part of the plan for a few years now sweatdrop
yeah, I also don't know this version of the story... with the g virus and what not...and I'm like a Diedrich expert.

Time-traveling Senshi

reapersun
Platonix

We've already been given an explanation for Diedrich that involved the residual G-Virus in Johnny's body. This story partly contradicts that explanation, but the residual G-Virus might still be why Diedrich 'evolved' when he ate the ashes.

I'm really embarrassed to ask this but where did that info come from? Because I don't remember anything like this at all lol. This origin story has been part of the plan for a few years now sweatdrop

Honestly, I'm thinking that's been one of the user theories that has been floating around for the last seven years. People thought since when we first met him popping out of the urn Diedrich just appeared from Johnny's ashes and therefore must have been born of Johnny's G-Virus riddled remains. They also thought he was Johnny as a grunny because they kept saying the clue was in the name and were convinced it was supposed to be pronounced Died Rich and that meant he was really Johnny and not some random grunny from the lab. I get the feeling people put too much in the way of thought on this back in 2010 after Johnny was killed. But sometimes the simplest of answers is the right one.

Naughty Goat

19,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hassli
yeah, I also don't know this version of the story... with the g virus and what not...and I'm like a Diedrich expert.

Haha okay cool it's not just me, I'm relieved and less embarrassed now lol

Chibi Halo

Honestly, I'm thinking that's been one of the user theories that has been floating around for the last seven years. People thought since when we first met him popping out of the urn Diedrich just appeared from Johnny's ashes and therefore must have been born of Johnny's G-Virus riddled remains. They also thought he was Johnny as a grunny because they kept saying the clue was in the name and were convinced it was supposed to be pronounced Died Rich and that meant he was really Johnny and not some random grunny from the lab. I get the feeling people put too much in the way of thought on this back in 2010 after Johnny was killed. But sometimes the simplest of answers is the right one.

I was definitely aware of the Died Rich theories, but I didn't think anyone had confirmed them in any kind of official way. But I've also missed a whole lot in the couple years since I left so I wondered if it came up in an event or something.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
reapersun
Hassli

Chibi Halo

I was definitely aware of the Died Rich theories, but I didn't think anyone had confirmed them in any kind of official way. But I've also missed a whole lot in the couple years since I left so I wondered if it came up in an event or something.

I just finished looking through AskED the Staff and the original AskED the Admin and I couldn't find it, so I don't remember exactly where it was said. I'm quite positive a Gaia Staff member said it, but even then it might still have been a hypothetical. It was a response to the idea that Diedrich was actually Johnny reincarnated, and the Staff member said it wasn't actually Johnny's soul reincarnated, it was just the G-Virus in his body somehow forming into a new grunny on its own from inside the urn.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not this is a retcon. You guys retcon minor details of Gaia NPCs all the time.

Time-traveling Senshi

For anyone curious about where Platonix and others are getting the idea that the story actually was Diedrich was born out of the G-Virus here are some old threads floating around with likely broken images (damn you Photobucket) and a lot of trying to tie Johnny's urn to the Phoenix Up and the G-Virus and the notion that Diedrich was randomly created and not from the lab.

Diedrich Theories from 2010: 1, 2, 3

That's just three of them I could dig up without going back any further than I already have. A lot of people back then were having the same theory or very similar variations of the same theory.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

A-A-A A BABBU????!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
User Image

SHE IS PRECIOUS. AND LOUIE GOT UPDATED DIALOGUE HELL YES. THANK YOU GAIA-BASED GODS.

Seriously that's just amazing. And to see Edmund back, even if it means I won't see Louie as a default anymore. I'm just so happy. Edmund deserves his happiness, losing his best friend, not giving into revenge towards Zhig, and then finally being a husband and father himself. It's a legit feel good progression.

And I get a little cameo from my President Trash Can. I wanna see the antics of Violet with the NPCs and Dad!Edmund. Bless the soul when Violet gets to dating age though. Bless you Reapersun ; 3;

User Image

Time-traveling Senshi

Platonix
reapersun
Hassli

Chibi Halo

I just finished looking through AskED the Staff and the original AskED the Admin and I couldn't find it, so I don't remember exactly where it was said. I'm quite positive a Gaia Staff member said it, but even then it might still have been a hypothetical. It was a response to the idea that Diedrich was actually Johnny reincarnated, and the Staff member said it wasn't actually Johnny's soul reincarnated, it was just the G-Virus in his body somehow forming into a new grunny on its own from inside the urn.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not this is a retcon. You guys retcon minor details of Gaia NPCs all the time.

Look for anything from Derline (or was it Darline or some variation of that name) she's the one who said he wasn't a Grunny but a Grabbit and that's what I saw some people reference in a lot of the posts that popped up back in 2010 about both Diedrich and Johnny Gambino. So really your clues are likely to look through the AtA answers in April of 2010 or later.

Time-traveling Senshi

Ami Satomora
A-A-A A BABBU????!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
User Image

SHE IS PRECIOUS. AND LOUIE GOT UPDATED DIALOGUE HELL YES. THANK YOU GAIA-BASED GODS.

Seriously that's just amazing. And to see Edmund back, even if it means I won't see Louie as a default anymore. I'm just so happy. And I get a little cameo from my President Trash Can. I wanna see the antics of Violet with the NPCs and Dad!Edmund. Bless the soul when Violet gets to dating age though. Bless you Reapersun ; 3;

User Image

Okay we need to have a Rina and Kanoko babysit for Edmund and Vanessa side story now. We have the RuRu doll but what we need now is either a full on NPC Violet doll or a new version of either Edmund or Vanessa with the third pose being a Violet to hold. Heck just give us a Violet item where she's crawling by you, sitting at your feet, possibly crying while on the floor, a handheld pose, and an I AM for all your Violet dress up needs. Someone now needs to sell a bunch of different colored flower headbands like Violet's so we can have a piece of her wardrobe for our own dress up needs.

Oh god just think of all the holiday related side stories we can have now with her. I am so ready for her first Xmas.

Stubborn Gifter

Chibi Halo

Okay we need to have a Rina and Kanoko babysit for Edmund and Vanessa side story now. We have the RuRu doll but what we need now is either a full on NPC Violet doll or a new version of either Edmund or Vanessa with the third pose being a Violet to hold. Heck just give us a Violet item where she's crawling by you, sitting at your feet, possibly crying while on the floor, a handheld pose, and an I AM for all your Violet dress up needs. Someone now needs to sell a bunch of different colored flower headbands like Violet's so we can have a piece of her wardrobe for our own dress up needs.

Oh god just think of all the holiday related side stories we can have now with her. I am so ready for her first Xmas.

As much as how adorable Violet is, are you sure that the community are okay about having a Baby!Violet companion? Not saying I'm against it or that I have issues with babies. It's just that seeing the reaction of how the community felt toward the user's baby item, how can we be sure they're not going to give the same reaction toward Violet?

Impassioned Lionheart

-screams- BAAAAAABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_kirakira

Time-traveling Senshi

Jisen Meizuki
Chibi Halo

As much as how adorable Violet is, are you sure that the community are okay about having a Baby!Violet companion? Not saying I'm against it or that I have issues with babies. It's just that seeing the reaction of how the community felt toward the user's baby item, how can we be sure they're not going to give the same reaction toward Violet?

Definitely the side stories and the headband with the flower on it for sure. I'd love to see Violet in the mini comics a few times. Even if all they show is Edmund reading to his daughter and Vanessa walking in to find them both asleep in the chair. Heck, they could use her for a plot to a chance box kind of how they used Peyo and Ruby at the zoo with either a family outing or Edmund reading her a story. There's all kinds of possibilities without turning her into an item.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I am one of those that seriously thought Diedrich was a reincarnation of Johnny. But you know what? Maybe it's not exactly Johnny. But rather some residual things in the ashes, as someone else pointed out. Don't forget that Johnny (with some of that virus in him perhaps - and an antidote? ) wasn't a normal human being. But rather a Titan.

You all didn't see what I saw. And neither did Edmund apparently. Maybe he would have if he had not been so gruff on the poor little guy and scared him like that. But at least now Diedrich remembers a part of his beginnings and, as it turns out, was already evolving.
Now what about his sister? And are there other siblings who were/are as evolved as he while in the lab?

YAY for the baby! Congrats to Edmund and Vanessa!

Stubborn Gifter

Ya know, if Violet grows up as a teen, I'm pretty sure Edmund will go into overprotective dad mode once Liam starts to hit on her. >.>;

EDIT: GAIA TOOK MY SUGGESTION!!!! GAIA HEARD MY SUGGESTION!!!!! I R HAPPY!!!! WAHHHH!!!! ; w;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff