Welcome to Gaia! ::

One last thing... Any predictions?

It'll be two journal pages from Gino. 0.43243243243243 43.2% [ 32 ]
We'll see Edmund and Vanessa's honeymoon. 0.22972972972973 23.0% [ 17 ]
It's all about the Turtle god. 0.33783783783784 33.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]

Fluffy Glitch

FORKS SPOONS!!

✘ Is anger the trigger for Gino's hidden power? I wouldn't think so but maybe in his case he had to get really just over emotionally outraged in order to activate his powers. My question is once he calms down does he keep the power or does it stay?

✘ Surprised Gino has long hair again? A little. Some male characters can pull of long hair -looks at Zhivago- yet some cannot. Gino looks too child-like with longer hair, even with a buffer body.

✘ Did Gino gain some level of respect with Nicolae and Crescento? Maybe not Cres and I think Nico's reaction is what some of our reactions would be if we witnessed something like that IRL. Just a simple "cool."

✘ Do you think Sen is being reluctant to follow Gino's lead? She's very independent & wants so badly to just head first into battle. Following someone into battle isn't what she had in mind but due to having no godling powers then she will but reluctantly so.

✘ Are you mad that Cresento is abandoning the group?Everyone is different in how they react to situations. Some would be so angry at being tossed off an airship that they'd want revenge while others wouldn't want to chance death yet again. So I'm not mad at him at choosing to run off, he has a second chance at life again & doesn't wish to do the death dance again. It's a little cowardice but meh. -shrugs-

✘ Where do you think Crescento is running off to? His mother's house.

Bonus Question: Since we have at least two weeks before the next chapter begins what predictions do you have for the upcoming Dark Moon chapter? Nyx prancing in Durem all shirtless and...-starts to drool- anyways. The gang will eventually catch up to Nyx but first must find a spot to quickly plan things out.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

whatever's the trigger, johnny did it right xd

i think gino might be walking onto the path of gon from hunter x hunter. now all we need are giant muscles.

as for where cresento is going or if he just simply ran, i have my own headcanon on that. but preferable, to his mother's. I AM SO EAGER TO SEE HIS FAMILY.

so for if he's a coward or not, i'll leave that judgement to when the manga updates again lol.

dark moon as title already sounds omnious. the punk rock event is probably gonna happen during pitch black rofl
and, why not punk rock nyx? “MOM, IT'S NOT A PHASE, IT'S WHO I AM”

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I just read the update.

I need time to process but GO GINO GO.

There was more to that letter after all~

Alien Sweetheart

Chibi Halo
Meushi
I'm calling it now, I think Gino finally got the message. And that to unless his true power he has to play the biggest prank ever on Nix!

Also I'm not surprised at all that Cress ran off LOL

Not sure how I feel about how Gino looks...I guess he's go the power of the titan now? Which means long hair?

Hmm...Well we'll see what's gonna happen!

I kind of liked Gino better with the short hair. However, he could look better with long hair now that he has the snazzy new Bren made wardrobe and doesn't have on the lederhosen anymore. They do say it's all about the clothes but that hair man it's beautiful.

"Beautiful Gino has beautiful hair that grows!" xp

As long as he doesn't lose his eyebrows I'm pretty cool with his look LOL And I do agree clothes tend to help with looks lot!

Time-traveling Senshi

The Iron Magus
Cheebs, no offense, but how old ARE you? sweatdrop Cause I'm willing to guess that that commercial is before your time, as well.

I'm guessing that emotion definitely has something to do with Gino's power. We get that booming Gambino laugh, followed by that anger, and BAM, titan powers, activate!

My question is: Did Gambino have these powers as well? He obviously had great physical strength, considering fusion!Gino was able to toss around Jack and Santa, but I never seen a Gambino go Super Saiyan before now. >_>

Also, did Gambino activate them on purpose, or was he just being a jerk, and the powers got activated by accident?

I am both surpirsed and dismayed at the return of long haired Gino. Him getting it cut off was a big character development moment! I know it's not identicle to his old 'do, but still... I much prefer the navigator cut... or even his kid-style cut... the entire time he's had long hair Gino has been either a jerk or a butt-monkey, and the new haircut was like a new start for him. I AM PERTURBED.

I don't think Gino gained too much respect with the rapscallions, considering they bailed on him at the earliest possible moment. sweatdrop I'm not surprised, or mad, though. The fact of the matter is: not everyone is a hero. Not every character should be one. It's more interesting to have some characters who are more interested in saving their own skin than the world, tbh. I'd say Cres (and probably Nic at this point) are just intent on getting as far away from the action as possible... though, I guess Cres might be running off to check on his Ma, and keep her safe from Nyx. Can't fault him for that.

As far as Sen being reluctant... it would seem so. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something, but in the scene where everyone is giving Gino nods of agreement, she just has a "sigh."

... I reeeaaalllllly hope they're not setting Sen up to do another face/heel turn later on. gonk I LIKE HER AS A FACE.

As far as predictions go, I guess the obvious is "Gino and Nyx will both unleash their full power and have an epic showdown." I guess a the descendant of a titan and a god stuck in a mortal's body could have about the same power levels... right? confused

Kinda makes me think of the Legend of Korra, and the big throwdown between the Avatar and the Dark Avatar, to be honest.

Which is fine. xd

I'm going to be forty this summer and that commercial is from when my sisters were younger. And it was the return of the long hair that had me looking for something like that doll commercial. I mean I could have gone for the Play Doh Barbershop reference with Gino's hair. However, if you remember in Gaia's flashback story Ambition had long hair too. It seems to be a trait of having the Ambition title and it could very well be that Gino's channeling the original Ambition more than he knows and that's why his hair went all "Beautiful Crissy" on us.

And honestly I don't think Mop Top Gino works as well.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Chibi Halo

I'm going to be forty this summer and that commercial is from when my sisters were younger. And it was the return of the long hair that had me looking for something like that doll commercial. I mean I could have gone for the Play Doh Barbershop reference with Gino's hair. However, if you remember in Gaia's flashback story Ambition had long hair too. It seems to be a trait of having the Ambition title and it could very well be that Gino's channeling the original Ambition more than he knows and that's why his hair went all "Beautiful Crissy" on us.

And honestly I don't think Mop Top Gino works as well.

Ah, I see.

I dunno, I think "Mop Top Gino" has a certain ring to it...

Well, the only time we've seen a Gambino really display super-strength was when we had the Masque running around, and boy, did he have the long hair.

I seriously hope this isn't some kind of Samson and Delilah type thing, though. x_x

He seriously looks better with short hair...

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
✘ Is anger the trigger for Gino's hidden power? Anger? No I don't think anger is the trigger.

✘ Surprised Gino has long hair again? Um, yes but I guess it's a family thing xD

✘ Did Gino gain some level of respect with Nicolae and Crescento? I don't know, Nicolae might have some respect (he does say "cool" ), but all Crescento is doing is RUNNING THE HELL AWAY, he seems pretty done.

✘ Do you think Sen is being reluctant to follow Gino's lead? I think she realizes that's her only option. Plus she did begrudgingly agree to, didn't she? I think she's actually a tad impressed now, Nicolae wasn't the only one saying "cool" there, huh?

✘ Are you mad that Cresento is abandoning the group? I can't blame him. NYX THREW HIM OFF A AIRSHIP. That kind of puts a person off wanting to be involved.

✘ Where do you think Crescento is running off to? Um, I would like to think he COULD warn the group Durem's about to be blow up. I'm thinking he's running away from the direction of Durem for now.

Bonus Question: Since we have at least two weeks before the next chapter begins what predictions do you have for the upcoming Dark Moon chapter?

I don't know for once. xD After having my letter theory kinda disproved, (since the troll!JohnnyK letter seems to have worked*) I'm not sure where we're going.
of course the evidence is destroyed anyway

I think our theme until February is pretty much:

"Where are we running?"

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I'm not sure what the trigger is. Father frustration seems to be an element, though.

Apparently the manga is following anime rules: with great power comes great hair. emotion_awesome

I'm really hoping Cresento is going to check on his mother (and that nothing bad has happened to her in the meantime). I can't say I blame him for abandoning the group in that case. I'd probably do the same thing if it was my mom.

Time-traveling Senshi

You know what I just had a thought. What if what Johnny wrote in the letter had no significance in the grand scheme of things? What I'm getting at is Johnny could have said that he shacked up with both Ruby and Agatha and it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things because the message isn't the trigger for Gino's power. Think about it, what else was on that letter? That's right, while it wasn't shown in great quantity, Johnny's blood was on the letter. So what if the trigger was really Gino coming into contact the blood of a Titan no matter how diluted by the centuries it's become?

Fluffy Glitch

Chibi Halo
          Johnny's blood was on the letter. So what if the trigger was really Gino coming into contact the blood of a Titan no matter how diluted by the centuries it's become?

Gino is also a decedent so how is it that his father's blood on the letter would be a trigger? Sorry if I'm being dense, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of your theory.

Time-traveling Senshi

dragonmonkey
Chibi Halo
          Johnny's blood was on the letter. So what if the trigger was really Gino coming into contact the blood of a Titan no matter how diluted by the centuries it's become?

Gino is also a decedent so how is it that his father's blood on the letter would be a trigger? Sorry if I'm being dense, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of your theory.

As I was yammering about to Hydro what if Gino's ability needs the blood of another person with Titan blood, no matter how diluted it is, in order for his latent powers to manifest themselves. On top of that, remember who it was X injected with the G-Virus. So there's probably G-Virus floating around in the little bit of what's left of Johnny's blood on the letter. Plus, when you consider that at the end of his flair up the letter pretty much turns to ash so there's no hidden message or special watermark on the paper that Gino needs to see. I do think it's not so much that the moment he comes into contact with titan blood he gets the powers but rather he needs more of the Titan blood to wake up what he has because the titan in Gino is so diluted because of all the human in the Gambino bloodline. His titan DNA needs that extra boost so to speak.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Chibi Halo
dragonmonkey
Chibi Halo

As I was yammering about to Hydro what if Gino's ability needs the blood of another person with Titan blood, no matter how diluted it is, in order for his latent powers to manifest themselves. On top of that, remember who it was X injected with the G-Virus. So there's probably G-Virus floating around in the little bit of what's left of Johnny's blood on the letter. Plus, when you consider that at the end of his flair up the letter pretty much turns to ash so there's no hidden message or special watermark on the paper that Gino needs to see. I do think it's not so much that the moment he comes into contact with titan blood he gets the powers but rather he needs more of the Titan blood to wake up what he has because the titan in Gino is so diluted because of all the human in the Gambino bloodline. His titan DNA needs that extra boost so to speak.

Wait, if there's still G-Virus in his blood, and G-virus fuses things together... Then Johnny's blood/DNA would fuse with Gino's,which would mean...

THE RETURN OF THE MASQUE. eek

Well,that would explain the long hair...

Green Smoker

Hoping we'll hear more from Cordell.

Yurochka Z's Waifu

Mythical Bard

21,465 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Member 100
Chibi Halo
dragonmonkey
Chibi Halo

By saying that Gino "needs more of the Titan blood to wake up what he has because the titan in Gino is so diluted", along with saying that the G-Virus in Johnny's blood may affect Gino, you're kinda implying that Johnny's blood gets inside Gino (you know, to make Gino blood less dilute and more virusy). Touching blood (especially months old dried blood that's probably flaking off already) does not put it in your bloodstream ( if it did, all the poop and chocolate I've ever touched is in my blood right now 3nodding ) unless Gino was rubbing it all over an open wound or something.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
✘ Is anger the trigger for Gino's hidden power? ::
Would that mean that Gino would have to throw a hissy fit every time he needs to trigger his powers? Wow, I hope not. I think it's more along the lines of finding acceptance of who he is and what sort of man Gambino was.

✘ Surprised Gino has long hair again? ::
I'm liking it. I wasn't crazy about the look he had before.

✘ Did Gino gain some level of respect with Nicolae and Crescento? ::
Nico, maybe. Crescento just hauled a** out of there, so he obviously has no
hope that Gino can successfully take out Nyx.

✘ Do you think Sen is being reluctant to follow Gino's lead? ::
I'm sure she's not feeling to great about playing the role of follower to the "Piglet".

✘ Are you mad that Cresento is abandoning the group? ::
Not mad. Just amused.

✘ Where do you think Crescento is running off to? ::
To his Mother, probably. He probably wants to check up on her, or make sure she's safe before running off into battle.

Bonus Question: Since we have at least two weeks before the next chapter begins what predictions do you have for the upcoming Dark Moon chapter?

I really hope we see something that ties into the Valentines event.
But since V-Day isn't a big event around here, it'll probably tie into the Summer event -- hopefully.
I think we'll see more about Cresento, more with Nyx and hopefully the return of Meili.
; u;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces