Welcome to Gaia! ::

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

AKB0048
Pie

I don't get how people can say the avatars are well done when the few I've seen have serious anatomy issues (like derp monster obviously has one boob full of cancer or something) or layering issues and even look bad in their ads.

Derp monster was focusing more on dem fawn legs, but yeah, it's a pretty widespread problem. I think the problem here is that when they were adapting the vest for more buxom bases, they only bothered redrawing the outer form.

Let me show you what I mean. If you cover up that far boob, it looks fine. But it also looks like... B-cup? Maybe C-cup if we're feeling generous. But then you uncover the boob, and it looks like a wonky optical illusion, because the outer form suggests a big, DD-ish rack but the rest of the vest doesn't conform to that shape.

Shy Sweetheart

I joined it, lurked for a few mins, and never logged on again. It looks like gaia's version of tumblr but hard to navigate..I'm just not interested gonk

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

AKB0048
Pie
AKB0048
Pie

I don't get how people can say the avatars are well done when the few I've seen have serious anatomy issues (like derp monster obviously has one boob full of cancer or something) or layering issues and even look bad in their ads.

Derp monster was focusing more on dem fawn legs, but yeah, it's a pretty widespread problem. I think the problem here is that when they were adapting the vest for more buxom bases, they only bothered redrawing the outer form.

Let me show you what I mean. If you cover up that far boob, it looks fine. But it also looks like... B-cup? Maybe C-cup if we're feeling generous. But then you uncover the boob, and it looks like a wonky optical illusion, because the outer form suggests a big, DD-ish rack but the rest of the vest doesn't conform to that shape.

Yeah. It's very lazy work. But it's not surprising with how the quality of items are here. It kind of reminds me of a much worse version of the Pop T-shirts in Gambino Outfitters where the boobs are clearly mismatched.

Do you mean the Popstar Shirt Dresses? Because man, does that look like the avatar is only wearing half a bra, somehow.

As I pointed out, I think part of the issue is that they went for big, big avatars. Here in Gaia, it's easy to let little mistakes slide, because the details are so tiny that most people won't notice. On Tentacl, the avatars are giant. So tall that they will span the majority of the height of the computer screen. Meaning the mistakes are that much more obvious, you know?
Rhino Beetle
Do we really have to go over this every couple weeks?

It's gaia's sister site, and yes they made some items from gaia on tentacl as well, it's all owned by the same people anyways. You know it's actually a pretty cool site but if it's not your ting then let it be, why feel the need to bash it on here? At least on tentacl they aren't releasing cash items every single day and you can actually earn gems (the "cash" currency) through being active on the site

There's a good reason for that. Tentacl's not Gaia Interactive's cash cow, Gaia Online is. If they tried the "pump out cash items like crazy and heavily emphasize the cash-aspect of the site" approach for Tentacl, they'd lose their userbase real fast, since people probably aren't heavily invested (time-wise, emotionally, socially, etc) in Tentacl like they are on Gaia.

Chances are marketing and the CEO probably want to put Tentacl through the same Cash-heavy Sales pushes that Gaians have to deal with, but they're (surprisingly) smart enough to know that doing so would be incredibly counterproductive for the fledgling site.

That said, I'd love for that site to crash and burn for the shitty tumblr ripoff that it is, so I've got a tad of a bias against the thing.

Fashionable Girl

I just dont like that it is so hard to navigate, and that the screen cuts so you cant see all of it -_-

Big Noob

thatbug
I just dont like that it is so hard to navigate, and that the screen cuts so you cant see all of it -_-

I think you can cure that be reducing your browser screen to around 75%.

I've checked it out. It's not that bad. I do like the items, but I'm not so keen on the culture.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

the site sucks

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
It's just not my cup of tea, so I never made an account. I did hear the site does kind of stink from friends. Both Gaiaonline and Tenticl are owned by Gaia Interactive so similarities will of course be there. I was just hoping the cash pushes would be more focused over there rather than here. I did laugh when some friends said the items on Gaia are more sexual than Tenticl. I also was hoping the GD forum would go over there. Oh well, something that Gaia has and Tenticl doesn't is zOMG! and that is what makes me log onto this site.

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
Chaos_Bunny
Katyasha_fox
I think when I go to the Gencon Gaia Online Panel I will ask them why on earth they waist their time and money creating that site and not fixing Gaia.
should ask them why they would put ads for it on gaia as well.

I don't think it's right to have ads for a 18+ site on a 13+ site.... The main thing the ad showed was how weird the avatars look though. XD
Will do and I will ask to do something about the gold generator getting out of hand.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Katyasha_fox
Chaos_Bunny
Katyasha_fox
I think when I go to the Gencon Gaia Online Panel I will ask them why on earth they waist their time and money creating that site and not fixing Gaia.
should ask them why they would put ads for it on gaia as well.

I don't think it's right to have ads for a 18+ site on a 13+ site.... The main thing the ad showed was how weird the avatars look though. XD
Will do and I will ask to do something about the gold generator getting out of hand.
awesome thanks :3

Sparkly Star

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i found the anatomy and art of the 'avatars' really horrible. Which i know is cruel to say, but I expect a certain level of....not all wonky-ness?

I could barely stand to 'make' my avatar when i saw how, to me at least, bad it looked. Then i could barely figure out the layout! My interest plummeted

Shy Receiver

This isn't a rip off.. Spin off actually.. The site's layout is still god awful

Empyrean Spirit

I believe the loudest complaint about the site was its layout, followed by the look of the avatars. Understandably they're still young and going through some developments. I don't mind the avatars so much, it's just a different style and not suited for everyone. The navigation on the forums can be a bit difficult, and because there's no real way to keep track of where you've posted, the threads you've started, or to even locate a thread again, there's some understandable frustration.

It was a try, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces