Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Vampire

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1202/#1202

For those of you who don't have Staff Alerts enabled, this was released a few moments ago:

Quote:

Ad Grant Issues

Hey Gaians,

Some of you saw our nifty little free item ad grant today. This was released early when we were testing some grants for those that do not have an ad blocker set up, sorry if you clicked on it and didn't get anything! However, keep an eye out in the future for an update regarding this!

If you remember those little nifty items like the Kanala item set from the Ad Grants a while back, it looks like they are going to be making a come back in the future. I'm pretty stoked for this, as this might mean a continuation of the series for the past items or possibly some new item sets in on the horizon!

Have some spoons!

What item themes would you like to see?
What item themes would you not like to see?
Recoloring old items and rebirthing them as new items?

Feel free to add your own spoons to this discussion.

Perfect Saint

I'm curious about the items. I barely even used the ones from before though.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Staring at the broken grant while collecting my daily GC

Give me Fish!

*shakes the grant*

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't want to see items that are simply more recolors of some cash shop or gold shop items,
especially ones that already have a trillion recolored versions to them already.

Demonic Lover

I don't wanna see ugly/cheap looking stuff :C in the past about 90% of the items we got looked that way to me DX;
I'd love new cool recolors broken in pieces C: more black and white and off black and off white stuff~

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I just want some nice-looking items.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I want to see a mix of items between the return of the old ones and some new ones. I especially would love to see the old items for alchemy reasons. I've been wanting to get my hands on the Flowing Chestnut Princess Locks for a while but it's been a while since I've seen it in the marketplace probably due to a shortage of the Ginger and Flaxen hairs (which are ad grants) since they are used to make the Chestnut hair through alchemy.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I want to see items the majority of the userbase doesn't like. I tend to like those very much. emotion_dowant (The items that make you look like a giant blob of color 'cause artist forgot shades and tints exist or the items with weird posing, don't count.) I wouldn't mind recolors of popular or old items. I doubt they'd do that though. We'll probably see more of those obscure items with no rhyme or reason to 'em. They'd have to make it worth turning off adblock though. I doubt they'll do that. I'd actually take outside ads over Gaia's CS spam banners. Sometimes you can't even FIND the outside ads versus Gaia's own ads, and that's without the whole spend GC and disable outside ads deal. sweatdrop
No adblock here, but I always had to grab the old sets from the MP. Do the new links look/work the same as before, or should I keep an eye out for something functional?

Either way, I'd like to see more unique little sets, not recolors. Maybe with... Peruvian theming. +w+

Mysterious Trickster

I saw that. I'm a bit happy, but not enough to warrant ads on the site.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Wait... WAS there an item? If there was, can someone give me the link to it? ;o;

I don't think I've ever done ad grants before, but if I have to turn off my adblock, I guess I'll try to get them... *siiiggghhh*

Timely Advisor

I hope they bring back the old ones in mass as well...
Just really flood the market with them!

Because I really want to alchemize with them but they're all gone now...

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I feel like they pulling a joke on us..but I love to earn those gifts! heart heart heart

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

You know, I never got the Ad Grants in the past. Main reason I have BG's Ad Blocker on is because of those really annoying Ad Videos that started on their own, or the ones that expanded when rolled over (those were extremely annoying when in the Avatar dressup area). If Gaia only had Static Ads, or ads that required a click interaction, I wouldn't mind turning the blocker off. People hate ads because they are an obstruction and a nuisance. Make the ads non-obstructive, and they'll get less hate. That's my advice.

As for the item grants...I wonder what items they'll be? Might have to look them up on the MP in the future.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Demonic Spectator

Kain-Senpai
I saw that. I'm a bit happy, but not enough to warrant ads on the site.

Xashowd

You know, I never got the Ad Grants in the past. Main reason I have BG's Ad Blocker on is because of those really annoying Ad Videos that started on their own, or the ones that expanded when rolled over (those were extremely annoying when in the Avatar dressup area). If Gaia only had Static Ads, or ads that required a click interaction, I wouldn't mind turning the blocker off. People hate ads because they are an obstruction and a nuisance. Make the ads non-obstructive, and they'll get less hate. That's my advice.

I still have my Ad-blocker up, not taking it down if I can get the ad-grant items on the MP for cheap anyways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff