Welcome to Gaia! ::

Save Our Louie?

I'm going to be putting gold into it because I like the sinks 0.081481481481481 8.1% [ 22 ]
I won't put gold into it because I can't afford it 0.27407407407407 27.4% [ 74 ]
I won't put gold into it because I don't approve of it 0.34074074074074 34.1% [ 92 ]
I'm going to be putting gold into it because I like Louie/H&R 0.3037037037037 30.4% [ 82 ]
Total Votes:[ 270 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Magic Hobo

I just keep thinking that if only the staff would use their trillions and trillions of ******** to pay Louie's back taxes we wouldn't even be in this situation

Like, why can't he just ask for a government bailout, like in real life

Nephti's Boss

Perfectionist

yo im sure flynn's booty can save louie.
      and edmund is hella terrible at managing his shop if he owed that much back taxes.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
rallyhoo
If you really buy this ' Say bye to H&R Wesley or pay gold! ' thing then you really aren't thinking rationally about this, sorry ~
They've done Save our Shop's , Rebuild H&R Wesley and other things, this shouldn't be seen as another cash grabbing / screw the users thing~
You're over analyzing, stop it~

Agree'd. I think it's just a plot theme.

Personally I'll donate to it when the doors open and I can sell off some bundles for a little extra cash.

Wheezing Plague

Poor Lou ;_;

Devoted Heckler

As I said in another thread; I'm going to call their bluff.

I don't negotiate with hostage-takers, they will go to the drop point and find a solitary picture of my lilly white arse.

Proxy Phantom

12,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
Aeges
Ok, I'll take the bait one more time and then I'm done.
rallyhoo
Please don't try to feed me your fake meta geek wannabe crap~
This is Site Feedback, not you trying to tell me a bad metaphor~
The VOLUME OF GOLD is something that users could potentially solve~

[irrelevant rant]
Three things.

1.) This is NOT site feedback, it's GCD (and here we are, "discussing"). Check the forum headings again.
2.) I did NOT give you a "metaphor" or even a"bad metaphor." It's actually the perfect idiom to describe what you're currently doing.
3.) The rest of your post has very limited connection to any statement I have posted, so engaging your emotional ramblings would be a waste of my time.

My main point was the same as what AKB0048 posted, but I'm not arguing for non-participation. Really, I have no problem with sinking the gold in these
events but your insistence that the gold volume came from "natural means" or is something that the users can -truly- "fix" is horrendously delusional. Hell,
I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore aside from trying to save face?

Please don't quote me about this nonsense again because it's really just derailing the thread.

Ok, I messed up forums ,but this thread seems more like an SF thread~
If users actually tried to sink gold, then yes it is solvable~
Gold Gens are the fault of users, until they Say NO and STOP buying them they will keep coming because that is what the majority of users want. SF and GCD are minority voices~
The people who pay are ultimately who get catered to on sites, or else the site doesn't last~
You clearly didn't even read what I said in my last post. It is the fact of the matter that the Gold is in the system, and there needs to be a way to get it OUT~
Here you are complaining about it in a topic complaining about it~
I'm most certainly not delusional, I call it having some common sense. H&R is a common target~
Btw, at least TRY to bring up real and valid points rather than saying ' You are wrong and I am right' because that's what you 've been doing~
Nothing you've said disproves what I said~
Main Point: Users need /want for gold creates the opportunity / reason for more gold to come in and after that point, there is no true 'fix' besides forcibly draining the excess gold and shutting down gold generators. ALSO , this topic is about a Gold Sink which is what I'm talking about, so I am on topic. I'm not saying it comes from 'natural means' it comes From User's WANT/NEED for Gold, hence why zOMG! HoC and Booty Grab got farmed, putting more and more gold into the system. If they didn't want / need the gold then they wouldn't have grinded for it~

In fact, I'd love to hear how you think Gaia should handle this inflation?~
How do You think there should be a response to the Gold Excess?~
Where did the Gold come from and why?~ (Users want more gold in response to the lessened value of gold, hence why they buy Gold Generators )
The Gold being drained now, is a result of Gaia introducing Gold Generators and rather than people not buying more, the majority of people did and so they made more to meet demand~
In fact, Flynn's Booty originally was liked~ (Now you know why there's gold excess. Users liked the Gold Generators, bought a lot, Gaia made more because the users wanted/needed to keep up with Gold Excess. That brings us to here, talking about a Gold Sink ~

Proxy Phantom

12,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
Keiko Mystere
rallyhoo

Your Gold is Still Free ~
No matter how you dice it, Gold is FREE ~
The gold sinks do what they are supposed to , so I suppose that every Gold Sink ever was a forced method of getting cash? NO, WRONG ~
You don't have to Spend Money to Participate in this event ~ : /

I would agree with you, but gold isn't free. There's either a cash investment to get massive amounts of gold quickly, or time investment to attain a small amount of gold slowly. Gold has never been free, it has always required a time investment, and now it's even worse since all the main avenues of getting gold are eclipsed by the presence of the almighty gold generator.

1) Gold is Free, it is generated by the site as HoC , zOMG! , Booty Grab , Posting, Games, and DC prove, but you have the optional choice of paying money for gold~

A player can invest their time into fishing, bug collecting, gaining tickets and so on and so forth to sell on the marketplace to get gold, but it's going to be slow, painful and grindy. They want an item that's worth 1b gold, they have to suffer for it, because all of those activities above are really, really ******** annoying if you have to do them for a while. Time is invested and the player, unless they are truly engaged by riveting gameplay such as 'click the moving thing', 'keep the thing in between the lines' and 'just play some ******** slots' are engaging in something called a "fun pain".

2) If you don't pay money and earn Virtual Curency or equivalent, it is free regardless of how anoying it is~

A player can far more easily fork over $5, $10 or even $100 (s**t, with the Custom option they could give a LOT more now) and buy gold generators, which is the most direct, efficient and least painful way to get gold. Even on lower payouts, seeing, say, 25 billion just pop into your account for the low price of $2 is downright magical. So magical, in fact, that the player wold probably forget about the pain of losing out on their $2 and then enjoy throwing around their newly 'earned' money... or, if they're afraid of chance, they can pay more to get an item that has a true worth in the Marketplace. Monthly Collectibles this month range anywhere from 10b to 20b.

3) Agreed~

The gold you have in your account now? You earned it through casually playing, through earning it with virtual blood, sweat and tears, or you paid for it in some way, shape or form. It's the product of some sort of effort, time or money put into it. Gold isn't free. It never has been free. Whether you're barely putting in the effort and just clicking the Daily Chances, hardcore questing for a ridiculously rare item or just straight-up generating the gold, it isn't free.

4) Agreed Partially, see 1) ~
4B) However, time is not a currency, so it is still in actuality free, thought I understand perfectly what you mean~

I invite you and all the other people to read this enlightening article about monetization and research monetization further.

OK. Enough serious business money talk. Now to weigh in on this whole SOL thing... there are no words. Just gif.
User Image

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
On topic, though, it's clear the gold sinks aren't working. There's tons being put out, but the economy's only being more and more damaged. They need to stop pretending this s**t works and stop pretending they care about the economy and stop pretending they care about anything other than the company's wallet.

Making money is fine, trying not to let a website go down is fine, but when it gets to a point where people can no longer enjoy said website, you ******** up. When even the things you do to help only make YOUR mess worse, you ******** up. When everything you do is met with the same level of distrust as a mysterious package left alone on a subway, YOU ******** UP.

GO

"here, give us all your gold to save a shop we hardly update and that no one buys from!"

Hesitant Lunatic

16,475 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Not sure if anyone's said this, but... To me this feels less insulting, and more desperate. Because they flooded the marketplace with items that caused inflation, they pissed off a LOT of people, all who have sworn off Gaia Cash. And the more gimmicky they get, the worse this gets. Meanwhile, those who DO buy the stupid GC and inflation causing items, are only making the economy worse, with no thought for those users who cannot keep up, or the new users.
Gaia KNOWS that this is whats happening. And they're trying to balance money grabbing on their part, with trying to desperately find ways to remove gold, in an attempt at fixing the economy. So they're kind of resorting to desperate measures with all this. Which is to say, they're intentionally taking advantage of the fact that Louie is one of the more popular NPCs. Which means people who don't normally touch these things will, out of fondness for him, or the very least out of nostalgia.
Either way, it's pretty jacked that they're making the users pay for THEIR mistakes with flooding the system with gold.

Hesitant Lunatic

16,475 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Oh. And just throwing this out there, because reading through, people have been saying it...
Even as an artist, there's NO guarantee of striking it rich on this site. Even if you have a super awesome style that everyone loves. Drawing takes time and effort. And if you actually have a heart, as most artists do, you won't demand ludicrous levels of gold for your pieces. Trust me, I know, I HAVE an art shop.

And also. Gold sinks ARE NOT a guarentee of decreased inflation. Hear me out on this, and think about it. Even if gold got back some of it's buying power, would people actually lower their MP prices? Some might, yes. But the BULK of users wouldn't. If you could get away with super high prices - which people will be able to - would you settle for less gold if you didn't have to?

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
rallyhoo
DYRL
rallyhoo
If you really buy this ' Say bye to H&R Wesley or pay gold! ' thing then you really aren't thinking rationally about this, sorry ~
They've done Save our Shop's , Rebuild H&R Wesley and other things, this shouldn't be seen as another cash grabbing / screw the users thing~
You're over analyzing, stop it~

I feel bad for H&R, always being picked on! I guess Louie has some s**t luck LOL

I would say that Louie is bad at money managing, unlike Edmund mainly~
Because Rebuild and this are pointing at Louie being spoiled brat without a thought in his head about taxes ~

Wut? stare
It said that Edmund left Louie with the open tax notices.
So why is Louie taking the hit??

O.G. GO

8,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Brandisher 100
rallyhoo
Good civil responses to my previous post here!

You raise reasonable points! Thanks for your responses. I suppose all we can do now is sit back and hope that the gold players can earn for free will have better value in the future after this kickstarter and the next.

I already tossed 300m in to get the first few tier items myself, but that's about all I'm gonna do for it myself.

Unforgiving Warlord

25,250 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
rallyhoo
Leafy Kitty
rallyhoo
Aeges
rallyhoo
Your Gold is Still Free ~
No matter how you dice it, Gold is FREE ~
The gold sinks do what they are supposed to , so I suppose that every Gold Sink ever was a forced method of getting cash? NO, WRONG ~
You don't have to Spend Money to Participate in this event ~ : /

You're "not seeing the wood for the trees." That's all I really have to say to that~

Gold might come from Generators, . . BUT ~
It ALSO comes from interacting with the site and the MP and Daily Chance and such~
And like I said : You DO NOT have to spend money to participate, so you are still wrong~
Why? Because the gold was Already There~

Gold might be free, but the frustrating time you spend saving it isn't. It taxes our patience heavily.
Also, if you were saving gold by using daily chance and are now dumping it into this sink, that's time lost. Furthermore, not every Gold Sink ever threatened to PERMANENTLY close a shop. This one is different weather they're bluffing or not. It's the principle of the thing that offends me.

It WOULD NOT be REALISTIC if a shop under heavy taxation is unable to pay it's taxes that are past due, fails to get the money in time and stays open~
Use your heads people~

You use yours. While what you said is true, it is also not applicable to this scenario. You see, it is not a real shop and there ARE no taxes! That was a backstory made up for the event.

Original Survivor

Lol at the people saying they've done this before. It was a MUCH different scenario back then, this is just another cash sink scam, like all the other kickstarters, I'm also upset they are using a GOLD Shop as a hostage. Wish they'd use a Cash Shop like this instead. stare

Either way, looks like we're going to reach the 60t mark soon, so meh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff