Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wrangler

ok, so the 'shoes' tab of my inventory was always kind of empty, in comparison to everything else.

then when multiple-pose items came along, shoes just kind of got tucked away as one of the poses, so even though i theoretically had more shoes, they weren't mainly shoes and they didn't get to hang out in that empty 'shoes' tab.

and now with all the leg mods, i barely even equip shoes at all. hell, i don't even click on the 'shoes' tab anymore. there might be COBWEBS in there.

is this the end of shoes? D;

does anyone have a whole bunch of shoes in their inventory?
does anyone prefer pants + shoes to leg mods?
are there even any MCs/EIs/RIGs/general shiny new items that go in the 'shoes' tab?

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tiro finale!
        i prefer shoe mods, like when they reshape your leg to make it look slimmer. idk, i dont like how fat the avi feet can be. i like fairy iridessa and keiko's cake for the shoes. garage band baby has one too!

half sister goes into the shoes tab, iirc

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
garage band baby/darling does emotion_awesome

It makes it easy to find it's like the only thing in that tab emotion_c8

Perfect Saint

I have 201 items in the shoes category... but only ten of those are worn on a regular basis.

Usually I'll feel compelled to use leg mods/CS items because many of the GS pants and shoes are trash.

Lootcrate's Significant Otter

Fashionable Wolf

My main has a ton of shoes in the inventory. Not sure how many, but I'd definitely feel comfortable saying 75+ pairs.

It really depends on the outfit. Sometimes, I need the difference that pants and shoes give me that a leg mod can't provide. Other times, I need the clean look of a leg mod to get it right.

Garage Band Baby was new Sunday, and appears in the shoes tab. I imagine Garage Band Darling appears in the same place.

Revered Connoisseur

Same goes for pants that are getting killed by leg mods by artists who hate our bottom parts of our bases. lol

Wheezing Member

I hate the female noodle legs.
And I don't own enough puffy pants to fix that.

Because of that I usually avoid non modded shoes/legs.
But as far as separate shoe poses, that also mod the shape, yes I still use them.

Creature feet, baby.
That's allll ya need.
emotion_dealwithit

though I DO need more puffy pants in my life.
emotion_donotwant

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I don't always wear shoes but when I do they are Accessories.

Shoes: Go Gunner Boots or Go home

Super Spirit

I never had a lot of shoes either (even before leg mods).

Shout out to Garage Band Baby like Snow Danger said though. whee

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I have a little over 40 items in my shoes tab, sadly that has mostly to do with decent stand alone shoes on Gaia, not for my lack of love in the shoe department. You should see how many pairs I have irl. Many of the older shoes are outdated now and or just plain clunky. That's a major factor in why legmods became so popular, I think, is the mods tend to 'flow' together better, for the most part. Though that also sucks for when you want to go bare legged for whatever reason. I know I wanted to do a pin up style avi awhile ago with a nice pair of red heels and bare legs with white shorts, sadly the red shoes on Gaia left me severely lacking and I had to settle for a leg mod with stockings. So that is one of the downsides.

In my early Gaiain life I wore a lot of long dresses and skirts for this very reason, don't need shoes if you can't see your feet right? emotion_awesome

Off the top of my head all the Crimson shoes items and the recolors go in the shoes tab, there's also that ballerina MC that I can't think of the name currently that gets placed there along with it's recolor. Gaia's kinda weird with how it categorizes muti-pose items depending on what the main icon is, be it a hat, or a top, or shoes, no matter whatever else is in the item. lol Since the original inventory tabs were designed with single posed items in mind I'm quite sure. THUS WHY WE NEED THE INVENTORY ORGANIZER UPDATE GAIA. *cough*

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Eyes
I never had a lot of shoes either (even before leg mods).

Shout out to Garage Band Baby like Snow Danger said though. whee

I just love them so much emotion_bigheart

best style and also leg shaping emotion_c8 it's all I've ever wanted~

actually, if they did kneehigh ones with a similar mod/similar themed item

THEN that would be all I ever wanted

Daring Red-Shirt

Shoooooooes.

I don't like most leg mods, tbh. They look too skinny compared to the rest of the avatar and so they bug me. There are a few that I like and use but for the most part I don't like them.

Plus they take away like half the customization, so, meh. I'll stick with pants/skirts and shoes. Maybe the odd leg mod here or there that doesn't look weirdly tiny on my avatar.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

garage band items are the first shoes i've ever gotten in my shoes tab in a loooong time. thanks to whoever made the decision of not adding more stuff into the hat/tops tab, not mentioning the general items tab that's already filled with random stuff xd
tbh, i sure wish gaia can made a new tab to divide the items tab a bit. it's filled with stuff and it's difficult to arrange

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I feel in love with garage band (as you can see). I don't think I will ever use a leg mod again! I love how I can just change all the pants on Gaia into skinny jeans! I'm currently wearing Those 90s Pants after neglecting them for 6-years!
I mean, I still like mods when I want to make a horror avatar, but I'm digging dem shoes. It's like Charred Tundra Boots all over again.

Spoopy Loiterer

The shoe tab is the only part if my inventory that's only one page. I still probably have about 100 items in there but it's mostly due to the fact that, depending on the outfit I was making, I'd buy five different shoes to test and still wouldn't find anything I really liked in the end. I've always had problems with pairing shoes and pants on this site. I hardly ever had bottom halves of my avatar I thought looked okay. I'm becoming more and more fond of leg mods because they're way easier, even if it is a lot less creative.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff